Wikiposts

How quickly?

Old Mar 17th 2010, 4:38 am
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How quickly?

Originally Posted by EmilyF
Thanks SF. I understand that things can vary. But my original question was (and still is, if anyone has an answer): How long from the US embassy webpage updating to say they are working on applications submitted your week, did people receive their acceptance (or RFE) letter?

What I am wondering is how long the actual 'processing' time is. I understand that the size of the pile of paperwork on someones desk may differ dependent on applications submitted that month. But once they've said "We're doing your application now" is that a few days, weeks, months? I was hoping anyone who had applied recently could give me their experience.

Maybe I wasn't clear enough in the OP?
A comment in addition to our PM discussion -- it looks like you are getting good practical advice in this thread. I see you will avoid the "path to madness" obsession with processing times -- which is good.

No advice given nor intended.
Old Mar 17th 2010, 5:10 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks SF. I understand that things can vary. But my original question was (and still is, if anyone has an answer): How long from the US embassy webpage updating to say they are working on applications submitted your week, did people receive their acceptance (or RFE) letter?

What I am wondering is how long the actual 'processing' time is. I understand that the size of the pile of paperwork on someones desk may differ dependent on applications submitted that month. But once they've said "We're doing your application now" is that a few days, weeks, months? I was hoping anyone who had applied recently could give me their experience.

Maybe I wasn't clear enough in the OP?
Extremely general observation? A couple of weeks. The 'processing' takes about 15 minutes, it's just waiting for *your* 15 minutes.
Actually, it takes a couple of days now, as they send the US citizen's data out for a name check (Adam Walsh Act, if you're compelled to look it up).

But, everything that is going to happen next is detailed in the wiki, with the links to the Embassy webpages you need. If you have everything prepared in advance, and you're trying to go fast, you can send your 'checklist' letter back in the next post.
Have you read the wiki.. maybe you haven't even seen it! Read the linked post from my signature and see if your questions are answered there.

I guess people don't capture that timeline information because it doesn't really matter. You can prepare ahead of the I-130 approval, and all the info is available to you.
Old Mar 17th 2010, 5:16 am
Just Joined

EmilyF is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by meauxna
But, everything that is going to happen next is detailed in the wiki, with the links to the Embassy webpages you need. If you have everything prepared in advance, and you're trying to go fast, you can send your 'checklist' letter back in the next post.
Have you read the wiki.. maybe you haven't even seen it! Read the linked post from my signature and see if your questions are answered there.
I have read the wiki, is fantastically helpful. But I'm going to go back through it now with a fine tooth comb and make sure we have everything we possibly can have ready for when we receive our case number! Thanks
Old Mar 17th 2010, 6:53 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

I have read the wiki, is fantastically helpful. But I'm going to go back through it now with a fine tooth comb and make sure we have everything we possibly can have ready for when we receive our case number! Thanks
Cool!
I'll bet it's closer than you think. When you see your date, or one past it, posted on the London site, you'll know your approval is getting close. It may take a week for the notifications to catch up to you.
After you respond with the checklist, it's at least one month to setting the interview date (generally). If you want to travel sooner, you can indicate that and try for an earlier interview date.
Be ready though! And have the medical done as soon as you get a case number.
Old Mar 17th 2010, 9:58 am
Forum Regular

Hellojulie has much to be proud ofHellojulie has much to be proud ofHellojulie has much to be proud ofHellojulie has much to be proud ofHellojulie has much to be proud ofHellojulie has much to be proud ofHellojulie has much to be proud ofHellojulie has much to be proud ofHellojulie has much to be proud ofHellojulie has much to be proud ofHellojulie has much to be proud of

We started DCF in Sept. I would say about 2 weeks to a month for the I-130. Cant recall 100%. I wouldn't sit waiting for it though.

My husbands interview is early April.

We did nothing during Dec and Jan other than his medical, so I wouldn't count those 2 months - (we didnt want to move till may and everything was moving quickly so we held off for a bit.)

I will say, there appears to be a bit of a backlog at the moment even with DCF. before christmas some people were through the process in 3 months (SUPER FAST!). I sent in our checklist first week of Feb and our interview will be first week of April. (almost 2 months alone for an interview appointment.)

It can vary for everyone though. I know that there are people who really wanted interviews in March that are being placed in May. So.... yes. 4 - 6 months plus.
Old Mar 17th 2010, 10:02 am
Forum Regular

Hellojulie has much to be proud ofHellojulie has much to be proud ofHellojulie has much to be proud ofHellojulie has much to be proud ofHellojulie has much to be proud ofHellojulie has much to be proud ofHellojulie has much to be proud ofHellojulie has much to be proud ofHellojulie has much to be proud ofHellojulie has much to be proud ofHellojulie has much to be proud of

I have looked at our actual timeline for that part - it is about a month, when it was moving quickly...

08/25/09 - Mailed I-130 to US embassy london (DCF)
09/02/09 - Email confirmation of receipt of I-130 (filing date of 09/01/09)
09/23/09 - I-130 approved
Old Mar 29th 2010, 11:44 pm
Just Joined

EmilyF is an unknown quantity at this point

Just to update everyone. We finally got a letter back, not an approval as hoped but a RFE

Thankfully it wasn't totally unexpected after reading lots of other peoples experiences off this forum. They want sworn affidavits of the validity of our marriage. Which I was half expecting as we've only been married since Jan.

So our timeline so far goes:

8th Feb 10 - Posted I-130 & Forms
10th Feb 10 - Forms received at US Embassy London
26th Mar 10 - RFE letter recieved

Will keep you updated on progress. Thanks guys!