how to organize documents for AOS interview

Wikiposts

how to organize documents for AOS interview

Old Aug 7th 2008, 9:41 am
Just Joined

bonlivre2008t is an unknown quantity at this point
Default how to organize documents for AOS interview

I am preparing for the interview. I would like to hear from you how you
organized your documents. I bought a large accordion folder and a lot of manila folders with labels like: "marriage certificate", "birth certificate", "tax transcripts", "passport", and more manila folders for other supporting documents. These are all the originals. I do not plan to bring copies. I also bought a photobook. Is that too much or should I just buy a large briefcase?
Old Aug 7th 2008, 9:47 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: how to organize documents for AOS interview

Originally Posted by bonlivre2008t
organized your documents. I bought a large accordion folder and a lot of manila folders with labels like: "marriage certificate", "birth certificate", "tax transcripts", "passport", and more manila folders for other supporting documents. These are all the originals. I do not plan to bring copies. I also bought a photobook. Is that too much or should I just buy a large briefcase?
Organize them is such a way that YOU can quickly find whatever you are asked to produce.

Everything we ever needed for any appointment with the various bodies fit in one accordian folder.
Old Aug 7th 2008, 9:48 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

I put mine in 1 folder with clear pages and pulled out what they wanted as he asked.
Old Aug 7th 2008, 10:23 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi:

Sounds fine to me. BTW, if you didn't make photocopies before, bring the original AND a photocopy for the DAO to keep. Do not forget to make photocopies of the drivers' licenses.
Old Aug 7th 2008, 10:26 am
lush

Juswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond repute

yep, sounds good.
No matter how organised you are you'll still get all discombobulated trying to get everything out and cope with all the quick fire questions and the way they try to shake you up....or maybe that was just me

I agree about photocopies. I photocopied EVERYTHING several times. I still have some of the ones I didnt need, but you can never have too many copies in these situations.

Good luck
Old Aug 7th 2008, 10:58 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Juswus
yep, sounds good.
No matter how organised you are you'll still get all discombobulated trying to get everything out and cope with all the quick fire questions and the way they try to shake you up....or maybe that was just me

I agree about photocopies. I photocopied EVERYTHING several times. I still have some of the ones I didnt need, but you can never have too many copies in these situations.

Good luck
Hi:

I've run into my share of DAO's from Hell over the years. However, in my experience, they are NOT trying to "shake you up." My three rules of successful interviewing should be followed -- one will be nervous anyways and the three rules serve to keep you focused.
Old Aug 7th 2008, 3:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Moonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond repute

After our attorney made three copies, one for her file, one for our file, and one for Immigration, we put all our originals in a binder in the transparent sheets, organized by how we thought they might ask for them (ie. passports/ID's first, followed by birth certificates, marriage certificate, etc.). Our interview lasted about 10 minutes and while the officer took the copy from our attorney, the officer did not ask to see any originals. At least the originals are all organized now!

(DH got his green card in about 2-3 weeks time.)
Old Aug 8th 2008, 8:11 am
lush

Juswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

I've run into my share of DAO's from Hell over the years. However, in my experience, they are NOT trying to "shake you up." My three rules of successful interviewing should be followed -- one will be nervous anyways and the three rules serve to keep you focused.

well I wish I'd had a nice guy like you did then.
Our guy would ask a question and while I was trying to answer him, without even looking at me, would interupt me to fire off another question, and then wouldnt give me time to answer that one either.
Old Aug 8th 2008, 2:35 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Juswus
well I wish I'd had a nice guy like you did then.
Our guy would ask a question and while I was trying to answer him, without even looking at me, would interupt me to fire off another question, and then wouldnt give me time to answer that one either.
Hi:

I'm not doubting you -- but I can see that happen when an applicant violates my Rule #3 -- Answer only the question asked, nothing more.

For example:

Examiner: "Do you know what time it is?"

Applicant: "Yes. It is ..."

Examiner: "Did the Yankees win?"

It may feel like the examiner cut you off in the middle of the answer -- but she really didn't.
Old Aug 9th 2008, 3:48 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

I agree, organize everything so you know where things are. Bring your photo album...or just choose a select few photos to bring...either way. If I were you, I'd bring photocopies of any evidence. Our officer asked for photocopies of all our evidence, which I had ready to hand over to her.

Rene