Wikiposts

How old ARE YOU??

Old Jun 3rd 2002, 1:20 am
Ranjini

Default Re: How old ARE YOU??

<<p.s. I think American men are great the way they can fend for themselves in the
house!!!>>

That too!!

Ranjini

"alpona" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Anton Gereau <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > > Hi Marieta,
    > >
    > > Not sure about everyone else but I met my fiancee, in person, when I was
    > > stationed in South Korea. Yes, I'm an American in the military. I don't have any
    > > problems with American women. I'm currently in California and there are too many
    > > beautiful women here. But learning about someone's else's culture and seeing
    > > things through their eyes is an added enjoyment that you don't get with American
    > > women. Seeing the enjoyment that my fiancee gets from things I take for granted,
    > > sometimes simple things, is a powerful feeling for me. I want to be a part of it.
    > > My fiancee is Filipino and she loves me but as far as "tame and docile" I'd have
    > > to ask if whoever has ever been in an argument with one. Its not the two
    > > adjectives I would have used. Most that I have met definitely have their own
    > > opinions/ideas and are not afraid to express them. And its usually in their
    > > language so you usually can't tell what they're mad about just that they're mad.
    > > Its hard to hold a grudge when she's ranting at you in Tagalog. It makes me love
    > > her more. Besides its sexy too. I don't want her to be "tame and docile"; I want
    > > her to have her own opinions/ideas and I respect them. I CAN CLEAN MY OWN
    > > KITCHEN. Good luck on your K-1 process. We should be starting our K-3 or K-1, not
    > > sure which yet, in a few months.
    > >
    > > Anton
    > >
    > > Marieta wrote:
    > >
    > > > I was wondering how old are most of the couples in the K1 visa process? I
    > > > realize this is probably people of different ages but is there a prevalent age
    > > > group (i.e. younger people/ older people with previous experience in marriage
    > > > etc...)? I was also wondering what brought them together (internet?) and what
    > > > is their motivation to choose to marry an alien (besides love)... I read that
    > > > there are websites for people who start with the obvious intention of finding a
    > > > foreign spouse. So I wonder if there is a specific thing that they are looking
    > > > for and if this works out for them... (My fiance told me he knows a couple of
    > > > guys in the navy married to Filipine women and that they are popular because
    > > > they are "tame and docile" - BUT DO PEOPLE REALLY DO ALL THIS BECAUSE THEY NEED
    > > > FOR SOMEONE TO CLEAN THEIR KITCHEN?? HOLY S*IT... And yes, people do ask my
    > > > fiance why American women aren't good enough for him and I'm being asked a
    > > > similar question over here (Slovenia, Europe)?) It's an obvious form of
    > > > generalization because normally you don't pick someone BECAUSE of their
    > > > nationality but I'll tell you out of all kinds of people that I've known
    > > > there's something about American guys that I find extremely alluring.........
    > > >
    > > > A statistic research would have been interesting, probably. I'm sorry if this
    > > > is personal - but thanks to all who care to reply.
    > > >
    > > > M
    > > >
    > > > I'm 24, my US fiance is 23 and we met by mere chance in a chatroom 4 years ago.
    > > > We met and fell in love 2 years ago. If it wasn't for him being in the navy
    > > > this probably never would have happened. We are close to file the petition for
    > > > the K1 so 'our process' is in the beginning stage.
    > > >
    >
    > I'm 32 and from India,Craig is also 32 and is the USC. We met on a pen-pals site
    > about 26 months back.We soon fell deeply in love and Craig's 'good-sense' sorta
    > surfaced to say this couldn't be real and possible since it was happening at
    > lightening speed. Soon he learnt it was real and we couldn't live without each
    > other.My divorce became final in Jan 2001 and he filed the K1 petition in March
    > 2001.I was here in Sept 2001....married Oct of the same year. We had our 'formal'
    > church wedding on the 1st of June....was a very pretty little wedding! I am truly
    > blessed to have found him....and I love him with every bit of me!I'm not docile by
    > any means and I think he enjoys me the way I am!!!
    > p.s. I think American men are great the way they can fend for themselves in the
    > house!!! Love can happen in many strange ways.......I think this forum is a
    > living testimony to that! Good luck to everyone who is here to be with the one
    > they love! Alpona

Old Jun 4th 2002, 5:20 pm
Shelley

I'm turning 40 in a few weeks (yuck!) and Ken (Canadian) is 44. We found each other
in a chatroom (Talk!/Excite Chat), just looking for someone to talk to, and after a
few months realized we wanted to meet. Good thing he was a truck driver and drove
through Wisconsin only thirty miles from my house, or it may have never happened. We
"dated" (me seeing him once every 3-4 weeks for a few hours as he passed through) for
about 8 months, then decided that just wasn't enough and we began the K-1 process and
got married. His second marriage/my third. It's been 2 1/2 years, and sometimes it
still feels like we are just dating (of course that could be because I only see him
on weekends!) Take Care. Shelley

Old Nov 4th 2002, 6:07 pm
Just Joined

Tweeg is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Cubs!!!

Don't ask how I found u here. Anyways, congrats on the marriage. If/when u do check this (others pls help if u know her) drop me an email at : [email protected] or [email protected]

Hope to hear from u real soon

Cheers

Nas'
(ex Burnwood/Palmiet - SA)

Originally posted by Mit
I'm 25(S. African) and Tim's 27(USC). We met in 2000 through mutual friends while I
was over here(MD) as an Au Pair. I left in Sept 2000 'cos the program ended. We just
left things as they were but continued our relationship via email and (very
expensive) phone calls. I then went to London mid Dec 2000 on a working holiday
makers visa. Tim visited in Jan 01, we went to Ireland together in Aug 01 and he
proposed in Sept over the phone. He did come over in Oct on business and proposed
properly 'on bended knee'. We started the K1 process in Nov while he was still here
and I got my visa on 19th Mar 02. (he came to the interview with me 'cos he was back
over on business). It took a lot of working but I managed to get the cheapest flight
over (for the Easter season) on 4 April and we were married on 8 April in Ellicot
City. We've submitted all the AOS paperwork, they've cashed the cheques and sent us
receipts. Not much longer, I hope!!

I'm also not 'tame and domicle' Tim would probably die laughing if anyone described
me as that! I've never cooked in my life! It's always been family homecooking or
frozen dinners. I've found that being at home now, doing nothing has led me to start
and I won't tell Tim this, but I actually seem to be enjoying it. But we still take
turns with all housework and cooking. The other thing occupying me at the moment is
preparing for the official wedding ceremony in July and planning our trip to S.
Africa in October.

Cubendri & Tim
Old Nov 4th 2002, 7:18 pm
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

I (UK) am 35 and my wife (usc) is 17. OK she is 37. We met in a pub in York in April 1995 and got married in the October.

Patrick
Old Nov 4th 2002, 9:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

angeles73 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm 28, Oscar is 34. Oscar was thinking of moving to Australia and needed his resumé translated from Spanish to English. He lives in Argentina and we both had a friend in common who lived in Buenos Aires. She said "Hey, I have a friend who's fluent in both languages! (That would be me...). He emailed me introducing himself and the rest is history. I guess you can say we sort of? met on line but not really. We did talk thereafter via mIRC chat rooms, msn and other chat services. And to this day both get up very early (I'm talking 4am folks) to hook up via Netmeeting before going to work. (I couldn't even wake up early enough to have breakfast!) But love does strange things to ya....

You know what though... We would not have it any other way. It's something weve talked about.. often. I think if I'd met him in a bar, or down the street, at work or any other place other than how we met, I don't know if we would have been able to sacrifice and prove to each other (and to ourselves at times) how deeply inlove and committed we are to each other. Long distance relationships are in a word "difficult", but even more so when your being together depends on other people.

I wish you all the best and hope your processing is quick and painless.

Ange
Old Nov 5th 2002, 1:33 am
Deb

I'm 41 (USC) and Glen's (Canadian) is also 41. We met online in a chat room in Feb 2001 and spent a few months becoming friends, talking on ICQ, chatting on the phone, sharing our lives and thoughts with each other every day. While we knew we had a fun and very special friendship, I don't think either of us were interested in a long-distance romance. Too complicated, too frustrating, no future in it, etc. etc. Then when I went to Toronto for a conference that summer (2001), we decided to meet and spend a special long weekend together, both of us probably intended for it to be just one wonderful weekend to remember. Problem was...the weekend was a little too wonderful, and we've been doing the long-distance relationship thing ever since then. As you all know, when you realize that you've found your soulmate, the obstacles, the frustrations all seem manageable and well worth the efforts. So....here we are 16 months later, engaged and planning our life together. Our kids and families are thrilled for us, and we're starting the process of getting all the paperwork started.

So thanks for all the information here...and the questions/answers....and the support. It's great to hear from people who are in similar situations (and frustrations!).

Deb

Old Nov 5th 2002, 1:54 am
jingling

jcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond repute

Juliet (29) and Romeo (28)...we met while playing an online game. Funny thing is it was my first online game and I never would have guessed I'd meet my best friend/future husband that way! It's amazing that we live so far apart yet still found each other. We hope to be married this Spring.

Juliet
Old Nov 5th 2002, 4:51 am
Forum Regular

hmiller is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm 27 (USC) and he's 25 (Dutch).

We met in a Napster chat room 2 years ago.
Officially engaged February 2002.
Will be married May 2003.
Old Nov 5th 2002, 10:30 am
loving every minute of it

MeliTa is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice to see we are not the only couple. I am 35 (USC) and my husband is 22 (Moroccan citizen). We met online. I went to Morocco in June and we were married. Then the agonizing waiting began.
Old Nov 5th 2002, 10:33 am
Forum Regular

gracejilly is an unknown quantity at this point

I am the US Citizen, Jill,43, Kenny is from Scotland will be 40 next month. We met online in March 2000.
Old Nov 5th 2002, 10:35 am
Tanja

Another one for your statistics - no chatroom love this time - I (27
Germany) met him (26 USC) in person on about 8 yrs ago, while he was
in the military overseas in my hometown. We had a 4 yrs romance when
he was in Germany; then we separated, cause he didn't like the
military that much and wanted to go back to the US for college. I
stayed cause I was in the middle of my studies and wanted to get my
degree, too. Besides, I just loved Germany and couldn't even imagine
not being here with my family and friends, not to mention German
groceries like Nutella chocolate spread, Gummibaerchen, not to
mention the Oktoberfest and all the other great folkfests, wine
fests..., the original European restaurants, weekend trips to Italy,
France, skiing in the Alpes... (God, I already get homesick writing
this, and I'm still here...) Oh well, I guess for some people it
takes a little longer to see true love - even though it stared you
straight in the eyes... But back then, we thought it would be best for
both of us just to move on. I went to the UK for another year of
studies cause I couldn't stand being reminded of him at every corner.
Oh well, turned out that true love can't be tricked by rational
thinking, and on about 9 months of no contact we started talking
again, having to commit that there's no happy life for either one of
us being apart... Being both broke students, we couldn't afford the
flight tickets to see each other again straight away, and so some
endless mails, and sky-rocketing phone bills later I went to visit him
in the States once I was back from the UK and had my first job's pay
check in my hands. We got engaged; and ever since we've been traveling
back and forth, and are now hoping to get a chance to finally live
together again (if the INS-God lets us).
Cross your fingers this happens before we'll need wheel chairs for our
wedding...

Old Nov 5th 2002, 12:42 pm
Mrtravel

44/34
Met at 40/30 (me/her)

Married 2 years, 8 months ago in Las Vegas

Old Nov 5th 2002, 1:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond repute

I am the USC (age 42) and Pete is the Brit (37) living in Wales. We met through a mutual online friend in the spring of 2001. We were friends at first then it grew into what we thought was love. He came here last December 28th to see if it really was love...........it was, lol.......He stayed two weeks. Then he came back for another two weeks in February and then for three months this summer. We met up in Dublin this September for a romantic getaway and then on to Wales to meet his family. Now we have filed the forms and are waiting for his K1 to come through.

Cheers,

Leslie
Old Nov 5th 2002, 1:44 pm
Forum Regular

keatslamia is an unknown quantity at this point

i'm 42, (USC) he's 31. (British). i was friendly online with a girl from England who one day casually said to me, 'check out this jesus lookalikes website'.
so i did, he was cute, but i was more impressed by his obvious genius and emailed him to tell him i liked his graphics but his maths page was completely over my head!
he emailed me back then one day the friend gave me his instant messenger screen name and i laid in wait with him on my buddy list til he appeared, then sabotaged him and freaked him out completely. he had no idea how i knew of him, and was floored to hear i was from the states.
within 2 months he was here for his first visit.
filed 1-129f on October 25th
received first NOA last week.
Old Nov 5th 2002, 3:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

claudia13839 is an unknown quantity at this point

I think I AM the youngest here!!!!! I'm Claudia 19 (USC) and my husband Jose 20 (Venezuelan), met while vacationing in our both of our parents native country (Dominican Republic). We met when we were both only 16 years old! We fell in love and everyone thought it was a summer fling and that we were both too young. HUH....proved everyone wrong!!! We always went to DR when we had christmas vacation, spring break and also summer vacation. It's been really hard this long distance thing, but it's almost over. We married in Venezuela in September and I filed the I-130 and K3 in October. We miss eachother terribly. We realized that it would be impossible for him to be HERE for Christmas, so we arranged to spend Christmas with our families in the Dominican Republic. Six weeks and counting.......

Good luck everyone

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.