Wikiposts

How old ARE YOU??

Old May 31st 2002, 8:43 am
K
BE Enthusiast

K is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How old ARE YOU??

shelley 31 (UK) david 34 (us)

We met online back in may 1998. I came to meet him in october 1998. I divorced January 1999. Stayed too long in the US got deported 1999 (may) applied for a waiver in june 1999 got waiver eventually in June 2000. Dave's divorce may 1st 2001. Applied for Fiance visa in June 2001 Visa granted in October 2001. Married on my birthday november 15 2001. Blissfully happy.

By the way Dave's hotel room in the october of 1998 when i first came here was room 2001.

Can anyone see a pattern here? )))))
Old May 31st 2002, 9:20 am
Marieta

Hi, thanks everyone for replying. It's great that all of you were motivated by love
but it's hard to imagine it any other way. The INS website posted by John is in the
context, although it talks about "the 'mail-order' bride..." I thought it was
interesting and I'm quoting the following part:

"......Why do foreign women want American husbands? Many sources suggest that these
women are searching for a "better life" in terms of socio-economic factors--they do,
for the most part, come from places in which jobs and educational opportunities for
women are scarce and wages are low. However, when the women themselves are asked this
question, the answer generally indicates an attraction to American men (they look
like movie stars) and an aversion to native men. Americans, they say, make good
husbands while Filipino (Thai/Indonesian/Russian/etc.) men do not. Americans are
thought to be faithful to their wives, while the native men are cruel and run around
with other women. True or not, this is the perception. Why do American men want
foreign wives? Most of the personal reports from American men who have married women
through these agencies talk about "traditional values." That is, American women are
thought not content to be wives and mothers but seek personal satisfaction through
their own careers and interests, while the foreign woman is happy to be the homemaker
and asks for nothing more than husband, home, and family. Again, true or not, this is
the perception............"

Well I bet this is true in some places and when looking for a spouse through the
agencies, but as it's clear most of us here met by chance and we were brought
together by different circumstances... As far as American men are concerned I
don't see a lot of difference between the men here in Europe and them, but they
are different. The things that I was talking about (the extremely alluring things
about American men) for me are linked to the way most of them appear... they are
very self confident and independent and extremely friendly, openminded and
carefree. I can't generalize, but I'll say the things that struck me most about MY
American fiance was his maturity, devotion and charm as well as his sense of humor
and I could go on, but I believe those atributes are things that we look for in a
person, nomatter where they come from. It just happens so that the "american
factor" about my fiance emphasizes all those things in a certain way. I also think
the way he talks is totally sexy I'm sure I differ from 'the avarage American
woman' but I guess it's not on me to tell in what way...... But I don't see myself
in the category above - plain housewife.

Good day everyone! M

Old May 31st 2002, 4:14 pm
Forum Regular

RickQ is an unknown quantity at this point

Prepare to be shocked--I am 26 (UKC) and BestGirl (USC) is 41.

We thought the big age gap might be an issue in the beginning (she was really worried), but now we are able to kid around about it. Everyone thinks I am older than my age and she is younger, so it works out.
Old May 31st 2002, 5:20 pm
Mrtravel@Sbcglo

Don H wrote:
    >
I have been married/divorced 3 times, so
    > kinda have a handle on what makes a good relationship.

LOL...

> Why a Chinese bride? Why not? I don't care if she is red, white, green, blue or
    > black. As long as she is not American. Been there, done that too many times.

I am sure the American woman on here will appeciate that comment, as well as your
mother and other female relatives.. Ouch.

Old May 31st 2002, 7:20 pm
Rogerpenycate

Hi, Roger (52-UK) + Ida (44-USC) We met on the internet in the udate chatroom 11th
December 2000 I've been married twice before (once at 23 that lasted 18 months) the
second (at 30)for 12 years (which produced 3 great kids) I was reasonably happy with
life, plodding along, dating a lot (but hating the single's scene) Ida had never been
married, although engaged a couple of times, had never met Mr Right (until along came
the short,baldy man !!) I joined udate for a bit of fun and one night I was online
(having had a few drinks !!)and up popped a message from "IDLE" I replied. she
replied, I think she liked the fact I was a bit "cheeky" Anyway after a couple of
nights swapping messages, I said "can I phone you" She typed the immortal words
"SURE" and that was it, we have spoken everyday (or been together) since that time.
(including a 4 hour phone call on Boxing Day from a 5* hotel in Brighton which cost
me over £200 !!) A bit personal this, but I think relevant, in the past I had only
been attracted to pretty, slim ladies, and here I was having "fallen in love" with
someone who I had never even seen a photo of, it was a new experience. I only ever
saw a photo of her with sun glasses on, hence the nickname PANDA. When we met at
Heathrow on my 51st birthday in January 2001, we both knew that was it, and as a
bonus she was slim and very pretty (sorry to be so sexist) WE flew back and forwards
a couple of times and when she was here in June I took her "sight-seeing" in the
historic Jewellery Quarter in Birmingham (UK) and yep "popped the question", she said
yes, and the bloody ring cost me a fortune !!! We married in Maryland at the end of
September and flew back here on the 4th Oct. Unfortunately, Ida hasn't settled in the
UK (extremely homesick, couldn't drive, could only get "menial" work and our English
weather played havoc with her sinuses) So we decided to filed the I-130. She is now
back in Virginia working and moving into a rented flat shortly, waiting for the Visa
process to grind it's way along, preparing for us (I say US because my 17 year old
daughter is coming with us) Being apart for long periods during our courting was
hard, having lived together for 8 months, this separation is even harder, the hardest
being not knowing when !!! The rest and my I-864 problems have been well documented
on here and other NG's, so I won't go into that. Suffice it to say, it's fantastic at
my age (did I say that) to have found love again,genuine depth that is not
superficial ! Sorry this has been long-winded, but once I start (it's the waffling
Londoner in me) I just wanna be with my ......PANDA (hopefully mid-end July) Thanks
for reading Roger

K <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > shelley 31 (UK) david 34 (us)
    >
    > We met online back in may 1998. I came to meet him in october 1998. I divorced
    > January 1999. Stayed too long in the US got deported 1999 (may) applied for a
    > waiver in june 1999 got waiver eventually in June 2000. Dave's divorce may 1st
    > 2001. Applied for Fiance visa in June 2001 Visa granted in October 2001. Married on
    > my birthday november 15 2001. Blissfully happy.
    >
    > By the way Dave's hotel room in the october of 1998 when i first came here was
    > room 2001.
    >
    > Can anyone see a pattern here? )))))

Old Jun 1st 2002, 1:20 am
Diane

Randy 41 (USC) Di 44(Australian) met on the internet 2 1/2 years ago started out as
buddies neither of us looking for a relationship feelings developed. Getting
Married TODAY!!!!

Old Jun 1st 2002, 3:20 am
Not4uinga

AJ (38, New Zealand Citizen) and Patti (23, USC).

Engaged 5/11/02. Been dating for over 2 years. Met her through my next door neighbor.
Neither of us has been married before. Together we have travelled all over the USA
(MA, NY, DC, VA, FL, MN, Vegas, CA, HI, etc.). She is a FT student. I am an
electrical engineer (MSEE/MBA). Even though I have been in the USA for 16 yrs, I have
no legal status in the US. Havent set a wedding date but it will be this year as I
cant wait to go to NZ for honeymoon...I missed NZ soooo very much....

Old Jun 1st 2002, 7:20 am
Lena

well, i am not shocked since me, the USC woman is 46 and my husband is
30.We met online years ago in FIDO (for any of you real computer nerds you will know
what FIDO is) and met in person in 1998 and married in Jan. 1999. Going good ever
since, and hoping for a long long happy marriage.

Old Jun 1st 2002, 8:20 am
Dave And Emily

RickQ wrote news:[email protected]:

> Prepare to be shocked--I am 26 (UKC) and BestGirl (USC) is 41.
    >
    > We thought the big age gap might be an issue in the beginning (she was really
    > worried), but now we are able to kid around about it. Everyone thinks I am older
    > than my age and she is younger, so it works out.
    >
    >
    >
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

When I met you and BestGirl at the embassy in London, I really thought you were
more-or-less the same age. You just seem to go so well together!

Dave.

Old Jun 1st 2002, 10:20 am

On 1 Jun 2002 04:20:03 GMT, RickQ <[email protected]> wrote:

>Prepare to be shocked--I am 26 (UKC) and BestGirl (USC) is 41.
    >
    >We thought the big age gap might be an issue in the beginning (she was really
    >worried), but now we are able to kid around about it. Everyone thinks I am older
    >than my age and she is younger, so it works out.

Nothing shocks me any more. My husband is from Scotland and is 33, I am46 and from
the US, well one of us had to be,. We met in MIRC, then toured London together,
Married 1999. It's all good. And most people think he is the older of us which cracks
me up, he doesn't find it as funny though. Karryl

Old Jun 1st 2002, 4:20 pm
F.R.

Hi Everyone: I am 65 yrs. old, CDN, widow. He is 65 yrs. old, USC, widower. Both
receiving pensions and looking forward to starting over again. We hope to be happily
married and living in N.H. before the end of 2002. So far the only vaccinations I
need are for Flu and Pneumonia, as I have already had one for tetanus.

Old Jun 1st 2002, 9:20 pm
Carole

RickQ wrote:
    > Prepare to be shocked--I am 26 (UKC) and BestGirl (USC) is 41.

Not shocking to me! I'm 38 (USC) and my husband Pavel (Russia) is
23. We met online, and have been married 3+ years now - very happily!

Carole

Old Jun 2nd 2002, 5:20 am
Anton Gereau

Hi Marieta,

Not sure about everyone else but I met my fiancee, in person, when I was stationed in
South Korea. Yes, I'm an American in the military. I don't have any problems with
American women. I'm currently in California and there are too many beautiful women
here. But learning about someone's else's culture and seeing things through their
eyes is an added enjoyment that you don't get with American women. Seeing the
enjoyment that my fiancee gets from things I take for granted, sometimes simple
things, is a powerful feeling for me. I want to be a part of it. My fiancee is
Filipino and she loves me but as far as "tame and docile" I'd have to ask if whoever
has ever been in an argument with one. Its not the two adjectives I would have used.
Most that I have met definitely have their own opinions/ideas and are not afraid to
express them. And its usually in their language so you usually can't tell what
they're mad about just that they're mad. Its hard to hold a grudge when she's ranting
at you in Tagalog. It makes me love her more. Besides its sexy too. I don't want her
to be "tame and docile"; I want her to have her own opinions/ideas and I respect
them. I CAN CLEAN MY OWN KITCHEN. Good luck on your K-1 process. We should be
starting our K-3 or K-1, not sure which yet, in a few months.

Anton

Marieta wrote:

> I was wondering how old are most of the couples in the K1 visa process? I realize
    > this is probably people of different ages but is there a prevalent age group (i.e.
    > younger people/ older people with previous experience in marriage etc...)? I was
    > also wondering what brought them together (internet?) and what is their motivation
    > to choose to marry an alien (besides love)... I read that there are websites for
    > people who start with the obvious intention of finding a foreign spouse. So I
    > wonder if there is a specific thing that they are looking for and if this works out
    > for them... (My fiance told me he knows a couple of guys in the navy married to
    > Filipine women and that they are popular because they are "tame and docile" - BUT
    > DO PEOPLE REALLY DO ALL THIS BECAUSE THEY NEED FOR SOMEONE TO CLEAN THEIR KITCHEN??
    > HOLY S*IT... And yes, people do ask my fiance why American women aren't good enough
    > for him and I'm being asked a similar question over here (Slovenia, Europe)?) It's
    > an obvious form of generalization because normally you don't pick someone BECAUSE
    > of their nationality but I'll tell you out of all kinds of people that I've known
    > there's something about American guys that I find extremely alluring.........
    >
    > A statistic research would have been interesting, probably. I'm sorry if this is
    > personal - but thanks to all who care to reply.
    >
    > M
    >
    > I'm 24, my US fiance is 23 and we met by mere chance in a chatroom 4 years ago. We
    > met and fell in love 2 years ago. If it wasn't for him being in the navy this
    > probably never would have happened. We are close to file the petition for the K1 so
    > 'our process' is in the beginning stage.

Old Jun 2nd 2002, 5:20 am
Anton Gereau

Hi Marieta,

Not sure about everyone else but I met my fiancee, in person, when I was stationed in
South Korea. Yes, I'm an American in the military. I don't have any problems with
American women. I'm currently in California and there are too many beautiful women
here. But learning about someone's else's culture and seeing things through their
eyes is an added enjoyment that you don't get with American women. Seeing the
enjoyment that my fiancee gets from things I take for granted, sometimes simple
things, is a powerful feeling for me. I want to be a part of it. My fiancee is
Filipino and she loves me but as far as "tame and docile" I'd have to ask if whoever
has ever been in an argument with one. Its not the two adjectives I would have used.
Most that I have met definitely have their own opinions/ideas and are not afraid to
express them. And its usually in their language so you usually can't tell what
they're mad about just that they're mad. Its hard to hold a grudge when she's ranting
at you in Tagalog. It makes me love her more. Besides its sexy too. I don't want her
to be "tame and docile"; I want her to have her own opinions/ideas and I respect
them. I CAN CLEAN MY OWN KITCHEN. Good luck on your K-1 process. We should be
starting our K-3 or K-1, not sure which yet, in a few months.

Anton

Marieta wrote:

> I was wondering how old are most of the couples in the K1 visa process? I realize
    > this is probably people of different ages but is there a prevalent age group (i.e.
    > younger people/ older people with previous experience in marriage etc...)? I was
    > also wondering what brought them together (internet?) and what is their motivation
    > to choose to marry an alien (besides love)... I read that there are websites for
    > people who start with the obvious intention of finding a foreign spouse. So I
    > wonder if there is a specific thing that they are looking for and if this works out
    > for them... (My fiance told me he knows a couple of guys in the navy married to
    > Filipine women and that they are popular because they are "tame and docile" - BUT
    > DO PEOPLE REALLY DO ALL THIS BECAUSE THEY NEED FOR SOMEONE TO CLEAN THEIR KITCHEN??
    > HOLY S*IT... And yes, people do ask my fiance why American women aren't good enough
    > for him and I'm being asked a similar question over here (Slovenia, Europe)?) It's
    > an obvious form of generalization because normally you don't pick someone BECAUSE
    > of their nationality but I'll tell you out of all kinds of people that I've known
    > there's something about American guys that I find extremely alluring.........
    >
    > A statistic research would have been interesting, probably. I'm sorry if this is
    > personal - but thanks to all who care to reply.
    >
    > M
    >
    > I'm 24, my US fiance is 23 and we met by mere chance in a chatroom 4 years ago. We
    > met and fell in love 2 years ago. If it wasn't for him being in the navy this
    > probably never would have happened. We are close to file the petition for the K1 so
    > 'our process' is in the beginning stage.

Old Jun 3rd 2002, 12:20 am
Alpona

Anton Gereau <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > Hi Marieta,
    >
    > Not sure about everyone else but I met my fiancee, in person, when I was stationed
    > in South Korea. Yes, I'm an American in the military. I don't have any problems
    > with American women. I'm currently in California and there are too many beautiful
    > women here. But learning about someone's else's culture and seeing things through
    > their eyes is an added enjoyment that you don't get with American women. Seeing the
    > enjoyment that my fiancee gets from things I take for granted, sometimes simple
    > things, is a powerful feeling for me. I want to be a part of it. My fiancee is
    > Filipino and she loves me but as far as "tame and docile" I'd have to ask if
    > whoever has ever been in an argument with one. Its not the two adjectives I would
    > have used. Most that I have met definitely have their own opinions/ideas and are
    > not afraid to express them. And its usually in their language so you usually can't
    > tell what they're mad about just that they're mad. Its hard to hold a grudge when
    > she's ranting at you in Tagalog. It makes me love her more. Besides its sexy too. I
    > don't want her to be "tame and docile"; I want her to have her own opinions/ideas
    > and I respect them. I CAN CLEAN MY OWN KITCHEN. Good luck on your K-1 process. We
    > should be starting our K-3 or K-1, not sure which yet, in a few months.
    >
    > Anton
    >
    > Marieta wrote:
    >
    > > I was wondering how old are most of the couples in the K1 visa process? I realize
    > > this is probably people of different ages but is there a prevalent age group
    > > (i.e. younger people/ older people with previous experience in marriage etc...)?
    > > I was also wondering what brought them together (internet?) and what is their
    > > motivation to choose to marry an alien (besides love)... I read that there are
    > > websites for people who start with the obvious intention of finding a foreign
    > > spouse. So I wonder if there is a specific thing that they are looking for and if
    > > this works out for them... (My fiance told me he knows a couple of guys in the
    > > navy married to Filipine women and that they are popular because they are "tame
    > > and docile" - BUT DO PEOPLE REALLY DO ALL THIS BECAUSE THEY NEED FOR SOMEONE TO
    > > CLEAN THEIR KITCHEN?? HOLY S*IT... And yes, people do ask my fiance why American
    > > women aren't good enough for him and I'm being asked a similar question over here
    > > (Slovenia, Europe)?) It's an obvious form of generalization because normally you
    > > don't pick someone BECAUSE of their nationality but I'll tell you out of all
    > > kinds of people that I've known there's something about American guys that I find
    > > extremely alluring.........
    > >
    > > A statistic research would have been interesting, probably. I'm sorry if this is
    > > personal - but thanks to all who care to reply.
    > >
    > > M
    > >
    > > I'm 24, my US fiance is 23 and we met by mere chance in a chatroom 4 years ago.
    > > We met and fell in love 2 years ago. If it wasn't for him being in the navy this
    > > probably never would have happened. We are close to file the petition for the K1
    > > so 'our process' is in the beginning stage.
    > >

I'm 32 and from India,Craig is also 32 and is the USC. We met on a pen-pals site
about 26 months back.We soon fell deeply in love and Craig's 'good-sense' sorta
surfaced to say this couldn't be real and possible since it was happening at
lightening speed. Soon he learnt it was real and we couldn't live without each
other.My divorce became final in Jan 2001 and he filed the K1 petition in March
2001.I was here in Sept 2001....married Oct of the same year. We had our 'formal'
church wedding on the 1st of June....was a very pretty little wedding! I am truly
blessed to have found him....and I love him with every bit of me!I'm not docile by
any means and I think he enjoys me the way I am!!!
p.s. I think American men are great the way they can fend for themselves in the
house!!! Love can happen in many strange ways.......I think this forum is a
living testimony to that! Good luck to everyone who is here to be with the one
they love! Alpona

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.