Wikiposts

How old ARE YOU??

Old May 29th 2002, 10:20 pm
Marieta

Default How old ARE YOU??

I was wondering how old are most of the couples in the K1 visa process? I realize
this is probably people of different ages but is there a prevalent age group (i.e.
younger people/ older people with previous experience in marriage etc...)? I was also
wondering what brought them together (internet?) and what is their motivation to
choose to marry an alien (besides love)... I read that there are websites for people
who start with the obvious intention of finding a foreign spouse. So I wonder if
there is a specific thing that they are looking for and if this works out for them...
(My fiance told me he knows a couple of guys in the navy married to Filipine women
and that they are popular because they are "tame and docile" - BUT DO PEOPLE REALLY
DO ALL THIS BECAUSE THEY NEED FOR SOMEONE TO CLEAN THEIR KITCHEN?? HOLY S*IT... And
yes, people do ask my fiance why American women aren't good enough for him and I'm
being asked a similar question over here (Slovenia, Europe)?) It's an obvious form of
generalization because normally you don't pick someone BECAUSE of their nationality
but I'll tell you out of all kinds of people that I've known there's something about
American guys that I find extremely alluring.........

A statistic research would have been interesting, probably. I'm sorry if this is
personal - but thanks to all who care to reply.

M

I'm 24, my US fiance is 23 and we met by mere chance in a chatroom 4 years ago. We
met and fell in love 2 years ago. If it wasn't for him being in the navy this
probably never would have happened. We are close to file the petition for the K1 so
'our process' is in the beginning stage.

Old May 30th 2002, 4:20 am
Susan

Default Re: How old ARE YOU??

Susan 31 - Mike 25 Mike was the USC and I moved here from Canada to be with him. We
met on the internet in Aug. 1998 in Yahoo Games playing Cribbage. I came here to meet
him in Feb. 2001 and we knew we had to be together and I knew that there was nowhere
else I wanted to be than here with him.

Engaged - Aug. 29th, 2001 Mailed I-129F petition - September 24rd, 2001 First NOA -
Dated October 1st., 2001 Second NOA - Dated November 1st., 2001 Package 3 from
Montreal - Mid-December, 2001 Interview in Montreal - Feb. 26th, 2002 - GOT VISA Left
for Seattle from ON - March 12, 2002 Arrived in Seattle - March 16, 2002 Married in
Courthouse - April 12, 2002 Filed AOS - May 18, 2002 Haven 't heard anything else
yet. "Real" wedding to be on April 12, 2003.!!

[email protected] (Marieta) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]. com>...
    > I was wondering how old are most of the couples in the K1 visa process? I realize
    > this is probably people of different ages but is there a prevalent age group (i.e.
    > younger people/ older people with previous experience in marriage etc...)? I was
    > also wondering what brought them together (internet?) and what is their motivation
    > to choose to marry an alien (besides love)... I read that there are websites for
    > people who start with the obvious intention of finding a foreign spouse. So I
    > wonder if there is a specific thing that they are looking for and if this works out
    > for them... (My fiance told me he knows a couple of guys in the navy married to
    > Filipine women and that they are popular because they are "tame and docile" - BUT
    > DO PEOPLE REALLY DO ALL THIS BECAUSE THEY NEED FOR SOMEONE TO CLEAN THEIR KITCHEN??
    > HOLY S*IT... And yes, people do ask my fiance why American women aren't good enough
    > for him and I'm being asked a similar question over here (Slovenia, Europe)?) It's
    > an obvious form of generalization because normally you don't pick someone BECAUSE
    > of their nationality but I'll tell you out of all kinds of people that I've known
    > there's something about American guys that I find extremely alluring.........
    >
    > A statistic research would have been interesting, probably. I'm sorry if this is
    > personal - but thanks to all who care to reply.
    >
    > M
    >
    > I'm 24, my US fiance is 23 and we met by mere chance in a chatroom 4 years ago. We
    > met and fell in love 2 years ago. If it wasn't for him being in the navy this
    > probably never would have happened. We are close to file the petition for the K1 so
    > 'our process' is in the beginning stage.

Old May 30th 2002, 5:20 am
Ranjini

<<I'll tell you out of all kinds of people that I've known there's something about
American guys that I find extremely alluring.........>>

I have to agree!! It's something I have never gotten over. I just love the
wholesome family values Ken stands for. It's what attracted me to him in the first
place and continues to hold me. The ability to reach across the borders, to see and
accept the human being beneath different culture, race, creed... what have you.
After being married to him for three years and living here with him in the US, I
understand why. Because he is American. Because he lives in this great country
which, by and large, has welcomed and embraced different cultures and people over
several hundred years. Why did I choose... and why did he choose, to marry someone
from a different country and culture ? We both did for the same reasons. Being both
divorced with grown up kids... not even wanting to get into the dating scene. Lost
the knack I guess... maybe too old to ewven want to even try... Incidentally, we
are both in our 50's. So there's another statistic for your survey. However, there
are a few other couples of our age on this forum. I'm Asian. No, I'm not
Filipino... and by no means "tame or docile"
    ))) But I do clean OUR kitchen ) And my husband is however, still quite
capable of cleaning the kitchen at a push ))We met on the Internet, corresponded
mainly via email and got to know each other well. Like penpals. If you have any more
questions, please do ask. It's not a problem!! Best wishes, Ranjini

"Marieta" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > I was wondering how old are most of the couples in the K1 visa process? I realize
    > this is probably people of different ages but is there a prevalent age group (i.e.
    > younger people/ older people with previous experience in marriage etc...)? I was
    > also wondering what brought them together (internet?) and what is their motivation
    > to choose to marry an alien (besides love)... I read that there are websites for
    > people who start with the obvious intention of finding a foreign spouse. So I
    > wonder if there is a specific thing that they are looking for and if this works out
    > for them... (My fiance told me he knows a couple of guys in the navy married to
    > Filipine women and that they are popular because they are "tame and docile" - BUT
    > DO PEOPLE REALLY DO ALL THIS BECAUSE THEY NEED FOR SOMEONE TO CLEAN THEIR KITCHEN??
    > HOLY S*IT... And yes, people do ask my fiance why American women aren't good enough
    > for him and I'm being asked a similar question over here (Slovenia, Europe)?) It's
    > an obvious form of generalization because normally you don't pick someone BECAUSE
    > of their nationality but I'll tell you out of all kinds of people that I've known
    > there's something about American guys that I find extremely alluring.........
    >
    > A statistic research would have been interesting, probably. I'm sorry if this is
    > personal - but thanks to all who care to reply.
    >
    > M
    >
    > I'm 24, my US fiance is 23 and we met by mere chance in a chatroom 4 years ago. We
    > met and fell in love 2 years ago. If it wasn't for him being in the navy this
    > probably never would have happened. We are close to file the petition for the K1 so
    > 'our process' is in the beginning stage.

Old May 30th 2002, 5:20 am
Cmagill

We are Craig 44 and Jill 43 met online 3 and a bit years ago.

Jill

"Ranjini" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > <<I'll tell you out of all kinds of people that I've known there's something about
    > American guys that I find extremely alluring.........>>
    >
    > I have to agree!! It's something I have never gotten over. I just love
the
    > wholesome family values Ken stands for. It's what attracted me to him in the first
    > place and continues to hold me. The ability to reach across the borders, to see and
    > accept the human being beneath different culture, race, creed... what have you.
    > After being married to him for three years and living here with him
in
    > the US, I understand why. Because he is American. Because he lives in
this
    > great country which, by and large, has welcomed and embraced different cultures and
    > people over several hundred years. Why did I choose... and why did he choose, to
    > marry someone from a
different
    > country and culture ? We both did for the same reasons. Being both divorced with
    > grown up kids... not even wanting to get into the dating scene. Lost the knack I
    > guess... maybe too old to ewven want to even
try...
    > Incidentally, we are both in our 50's. So there's another statistic for your
    > survey. However, there are a few other couples of our age on this forum. I'm Asian.
    > No, I'm not Filipino... and by no means "tame or
docile"
    > ))) But I do clean OUR kitchen ) And my husband is however, still
quite
    > capable of cleaning the kitchen at a push ))We met on the Internet, corresponded
    > mainly via email and got to know each other well. Like penpals. If you have any
    > more questions, please do ask. It's not a problem!! Best wishes, Ranjini
    >
    > "Marieta" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > I was wondering how old are most of the couples in the K1 visa process? I realize
    > > this is probably people of different ages but is there a prevalent age group
    > > (i.e. younger people/ older people with previous experience in marriage etc...)?
    > > I was also wondering what brought them together (internet?) and what is their
    > > motivation to choose to marry an alien (besides love)... I read that there are
    > > websites for people who start with the obvious intention of finding a foreign
    > > spouse. So I wonder if there is a specific thing that they are looking for and if
    > > this works out for them... (My fiance told me he knows a couple of guys in the
    > > navy married to Filipine women and that they are popular because they are "tame
    > > and docile" - BUT DO PEOPLE REALLY DO ALL THIS BECAUSE THEY NEED FOR SOMEONE TO
    > > CLEAN THEIR KITCHEN?? HOLY S*IT... And yes, people do ask my fiance why American
    > > women aren't good enough for him and I'm being asked a similar question over here
    > > (Slovenia, Europe)?) It's an obvious form of generalization because normally you
    > > don't pick someone BECAUSE of their nationality but I'll tell you out of all
    > > kinds of people that I've known there's something about American guys that I find
    > > extremely alluring.........
    > >
    > > A statistic research would have been interesting, probably. I'm sorry if this is
    > > personal - but thanks to all who care to reply.
    > >
    > > M
    > >
    > > I'm 24, my US fiance is 23 and we met by mere chance in a chatroom 4 years ago.
    > > We met and fell in love 2 years ago. If it wasn't for him being in the navy this
    > > probably never would have happened. We are close to file the petition for the K1
    > > so 'our process' is in the beginning stage.
    >
    >
    >
    >

TEST--== Over 80,000 Newsgroups - 16 Different Servers! =TEST--

Old May 30th 2002, 7:20 am
Dj

I am 24 (Canadian), my USC wife is 24. This is both of our first marriages.

I found it interesting to reply to you as we met in a powwow (now defunct) chatroom
as well.

To the original poster who asked "and what is their motivation to choose to marry an
alien (besides love)". Sorry to disappoint you but our motivation to marry was love.

DJ

Old May 30th 2002, 8:20 am
Bonnie M

Dennis (USC) is 48 and I (Canuck) am 44. We met through ICQ. My cousin had been
chatting with Dennis and kept telling me what a nice man he was....yeah yeah
yeah..there're all nice..just ask em! But here we are almost three and a half years
later. I tell him that he is the sanity factor in my life. He is truly a wonderful
man. We started the k1 process Nov 1 2001, interviewed in Montreal April 17 2002. Our
wedding is planned for July12. Due to the fact I am still sitting in Canada waiting
for Robyn my k2 to finish school, Dennis has been in charge of making the
arrangements. Now that will test the goodwill of any man! If you had asked me 4 yrs
ago if I would move away from kith and kin I would have told you that you were crazy.
Now we are counting the days til he comes to take me to FL. I consider myself blessed
that my cousin introduced us...she gets the free vacation in FL as her reward! Bonnie

"Mrs_Blackross" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > I am 28, my USC husband is also 28, only 17 days older than me. Both of us
    > previously married, me with 2 kids, him with one. met in a chatroom called Powwow
    > in September 1998. close icq/phone pals
for
    > a year and a half, met in person in February 2000, as friends. sparks
flew,
    > so we pursued a romantic relationship. I didn't love him because he was American
    > (my brother says it's actually *despite* the fact that he's a yankee..LOL) I just
    > loved him for himself. We lived only 4 hours away from each other (me on the
    > US/Canada border in Niagara Falls, him in Pittsburgh PA), so we made many weekend
    > trips back and forth, until he moved to MD
for
    > a new job in January 2001. My children love him more than they love me, which was a
    > big element in his favour. He asked me to marry him on my birthday in February
    > 2001, and we were married August 25th of same year. rest of the timeline is below.
    >
    > --
    > Crazy Canuck married to a Dam Yankee Entered as Visitor 07/04/01 Married
    > 08/25/01 Filed @ VSC-AOS, EAD, AP 01/07/02 1st NOA 02/06/02 2nd NOA 02/07/02 EAD
    > approved 02/26/02 AP Approved 02/28/02 AOS appointment letter rec'd 03/07/02
    > Fingerprint letter rec'd 03/07/02 AOS interview 04/02/02 AOS APPROVED 04/02/02!!!
    > GC arrived in mail 04/19/02 next step..removing conditions..April 2004
    >
    > some helpful sites on the net:
    > http://www.mindspring.com/~docsteen/...o/visainfo.htm
    > http://www.k1faq.com/faq_index.htm
    > http://www.geocities.com/immigration...-130/index.htm
    >
    >
    > "Marieta" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > I was wondering how old are most of the couples in the K1 visa process? I realize
    > > this is probably people of different ages but is there a prevalent age group
    > > (i.e. younger people/ older people with previous experience in marriage etc...)?
    > > I was also wondering what brought them together (internet?) and what is their
    > > motivation to choose to marry an alien (besides love)... I read that there are
    > > websites for people who start with the obvious intention of finding a foreign
    > > spouse. So I wonder if there is a specific thing that they are looking for and if
    > > this works out for them... (My fiance told me he knows a couple of guys in the
    > > navy married to Filipine women and that they are popular because they are "tame
    > > and docile" - BUT DO PEOPLE REALLY DO ALL THIS BECAUSE THEY NEED FOR SOMEONE TO
    > > CLEAN THEIR KITCHEN?? HOLY S*IT... And yes, people do ask my fiance why American
    > > women aren't good enough for him and I'm being asked a similar question over here
    > > (Slovenia, Europe)?) It's an obvious form of generalization because normally you
    > > don't pick someone BECAUSE of their nationality but I'll tell you out of all
    > > kinds of people that I've known there's something about American guys that I find
    > > extremely alluring.........
    > >
    > > A statistic research would have been interesting, probably. I'm sorry if this is
    > > personal - but thanks to all who care to reply.
    > >
    > > M
    > >
    > > I'm 24, my US fiance is 23 and we met by mere chance in a chatroom 4 years ago.
    > > We met and fell in love 2 years ago. If it wasn't for him being in the navy this
    > > probably never would have happened. We are close to file the petition for the K1
    > > so 'our process' is in the beginning stage.

Old May 30th 2002, 10:20 am
Sthrnshrte

Ashley and Peter, both 23. We met in England while I spent my junior year of college
abroad over there. We worked together in a BP "garage" (gas station), and were best
friends from the day we met. Incidentally, we were only best friends and nothing more
until 2 weeks before my (ashley) visa was about to run out and I was to go back to
the states. A few work visas, visits, and a million emails later, we managed to
overcome the long distance woes. No other reason to marry except for love and the
fact that we couldn't imagine spending the rest of our lives without each other. No
matter how much the INS plans to be a headache, we choose to ignore them on our I-130
and K3 wait, and live peacefully (and broke) in England, since the British Consulate
has no problem allowing this married couple to live together as a married couple
should. Goodness, I feel like we're the only young'uns here. No wonder everyone
sounds so wise but me.

Ash

Old May 30th 2002, 3:20 pm
John

Perhaps you are looking for this information I found on the INS website:
http://www.ins.usdoj.gov/graphics/ab...es/Mobappa.htm

Old May 30th 2002, 3:20 pm
Lindsay

Just for fun:

Lindsay (20, Canadian) and Steven (20, 1 1/2 months older than Lindsay, USC). Met in
1999 through mutual friends while Lindsay was living in the States with her family
(immigrated on mother's TN visa in 1995). Dec. 2001 mother decided to return to
Canada--Lindsay and Steven decided to marry earlier than originally planned (were
going to finish university first!) in order to be together sooner. I think WE are the
youngin's here!

(Haven't actually begun the process yet--finalizing paperwork as we speak, will be
filing at TSC when Lindsay goes to visit Steven in Atlanta next TUESDAY! Yay!!)

)

"Bonnie M" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Dennis (USC) is 48 and I (Canuck) am 44. We met through ICQ. My cousin had been
    > chatting with Dennis and kept telling me what a nice man he
was....yeah
    > yeah yeah..there're all nice..just ask em! But here we are almost three
and
    > a half years later. I tell him that he is the sanity factor in my life.
He
    > is truly a wonderful man. We started the k1 process Nov 1 2001,
interviewed
    > in Montreal April 17 2002. Our wedding is planned for July12. Due to the fact I am
    > still sitting in Canada waiting for Robyn my k2 to finish
school,
    > Dennis has been in charge of making the arrangements. Now that will test the
    > goodwill of any man! If you had asked me 4 yrs ago if I would move away from kith
    > and kin I
would
    > have told you that you were crazy. Now we are counting the days til he
comes
    > to take me to FL. I consider myself blessed that my cousin introduced us...she gets
    > the free vacation in FL as her reward! Bonnie
    >
    > "Mrs_Blackross" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > I am 28, my USC husband is also 28, only 17 days older than me. Both of
us
    > > previously married, me with 2 kids, him with one. met in a chatroom called Powwow
    > > in September 1998. close icq/phone pals
    > for
    > > a year and a half, met in person in February 2000, as friends. sparks
    > flew,
    > > so we pursued a romantic relationship. I didn't love him because he
was
    > > American (my brother says it's actually *despite* the fact that he's a
    > > yankee..LOL) I just loved him for himself. We lived only 4 hours away
from
    > > each other (me on the US/Canada border in Niagara Falls, him in
Pittsburgh
    > > PA), so we made many weekend trips back and forth, until he moved to MD
    > for
    > > a new job in January 2001. My children love him more than they love me, which was
    > > a big element in his favour. He asked me to marry him on my birthday in February
    > > 2001, and we were married August 25th of same year. rest of the timeline is
    > > below.
    > >
    > > --
    > > Crazy Canuck married to a Dam Yankee Entered as Visitor 07/04/01 Married
    > > 08/25/01 Filed @ VSC-AOS, EAD, AP 01/07/02 1st NOA 02/06/02 2nd NOA 02/07/02 EAD
    > > approved 02/26/02 AP Approved 02/28/02 AOS appointment letter rec'd 03/07/02
    > > Fingerprint letter rec'd 03/07/02 AOS interview 04/02/02 AOS APPROVED 04/02/02!!!
    > > GC arrived in mail 04/19/02 next step..removing conditions..April 2004
    > >
    > > some helpful sites on the net:
    > > http://www.mindspring.com/~docsteen/...o/visainfo.htm
    > > http://www.k1faq.com/faq_index.htm
    > > http://www.geocities.com/immigration...-130/index.htm
    > >
    > >
    > > "Marieta" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > > I was wondering how old are most of the couples in the K1 visa process? I
    > > > realize this is probably people of different ages but is there a prevalent age
    > > > group (i.e. younger people/ older people with previous experience in marriage
    > > > etc...)? I was also wondering what brought them together (internet?) and what
    > > > is their motivation to choose to marry an alien (besides love)... I read that
    > > > there are websites for people who start with the obvious intention of finding a
    > > > foreign spouse. So I wonder if there is a specific thing that they are looking
    > > > for and if this works out for them... (My fiance told me he knows a couple of
    > > > guys in the navy married to Filipine women and that they are popular because
    > > > they are "tame and docile" - BUT DO PEOPLE REALLY DO ALL THIS BECAUSE THEY NEED
    > > > FOR SOMEONE TO CLEAN THEIR KITCHEN?? HOLY S*IT... And yes, people do ask my
    > > > fiance why American women aren't good enough for him and I'm being asked a
    > > > similar question over here (Slovenia, Europe)?) It's an obvious form of
    > > > generalization because normally you don't pick someone BECAUSE of their
    > > > nationality but I'll tell you out of all kinds of people that I've known
    > > > there's something about American guys that I find extremely alluring.........
    > > >
    > > > A statistic research would have been interesting, probably. I'm sorry if this
    > > > is personal - but thanks to all who care to reply.
    > > >
    > > > M
    > > >
    > > > I'm 24, my US fiance is 23 and we met by mere chance in a chatroom 4 years ago.
    > > > We met and fell in love 2 years ago. If it wasn't for him being in the navy
    > > > this probably never would have happened. We are close to file the petition for
    > > > the K1 so 'our process' is in the beginning stage.
    > >
    >

Old May 30th 2002, 9:20 pm
Des

We're 24 and 31 now and have been together for 5 years. My USC husband and I
(European) first met (in person) when I spent a summer in LA when I was 19 and he 26.
After two months of becoming friends, we started dating, and continued our
relationship over the internet for about 6 months as I went on to college on the East
Coast. Around Christmas time, he moved to Boston, we continued dating, and got
married three years later in Maine...

It is the first marriage for both of us, and what attracted us to one another was
that we are on the same wavelength, and are really good friends... Marriage simply
followed friendship and love... but I can definitely tell you that I'm not 'tame
and docile' - on the contrary, I am impressed by and proud of my better half
BECAUSE he can take care of himself, iron his own shirts, cook etc... If anything,
part of what makes him so attractive in my eyes is that he has no problem
whatsoever with my career ambitions, and enjoys the fact that he is the better cook
between the two of us!!!

Nonetheless, he admits that he was first attracted to me BECAUSE he found my European
background alluring, and apparently I was the first woman to tell him 'NO' when he
asked me for a kiss a couple of weeks after we first met... I just wanted to be
friends at the time! On the other hand, I have to admit that I found it quite cute of
him to actually ASK for a kiss... so eventually, I changed my mind about him but I
think once the 'exotic' novelty of coming from different countries wears off, and a
relationship really depends on deeper understanding, friendship and love. That's just
my experience though...

Good luck with the K-1 process! -Des

Old May 30th 2002, 10:22 pm
Petey's Playmate

PEACHSTER is an unknown quantity at this point

My fiance- Peter 34 (Canadian) me- 26 met Nov. 16th 1999 in a wrestling chatroom. A wrestling BB we both posted on had a poster on there set up a chatroom for the members. I was to the point in there everynight chattin with the people who posted on that bb. One night Peter shows up & it was just him, another person I talked to & me. I always liked reading his posts on the bb & liked chatting with him finally. Next night he showed back up to see if I was there & I was. Finally I wanted to chat with him on ICQ but was afraid to ask him for his number in fear he turn me down. I asked & he gave it to me & the rest is history.

Sent in petition to NSC on May 20th, got 1st NOA on May 25th so now am waiting for the 2nd one. So nervous & going nuts cause I havent seen my honey since last Dec.
Old May 31st 2002, 3:54 am
pharrya's troublen strife

ms_bhon has a brilliant futurems_bhon has a brilliant futurems_bhon has a brilliant futurems_bhon has a brilliant futurems_bhon has a brilliant futurems_bhon has a brilliant future

Well, me (USC) 37 and my husband (UKC) 31, soon to be 32, married almost exactly a year ago. Our only reason for marrying was love...
we met online as pen pals and then the romance blossomed when I went and lived in the Uk for 3 months whilst taking a course. We travelled together to Morocco, and then I came back to the states and we did the long distance romace thing for about a year and a half until he came over on the k-1 and we got married.

I seem to be the one that does all the cooking and cleaning the kitchen, although he doesn sometimes help with the latter, and he doesn other things like fix the leaky faucet in the bathroom ;-).

When we first started going out, I told a very close (English) gal pal of mine that him being English was secondary, and that I would still love him as much as I did if he was from the planet Zorcon. She laughed and then replied that his Englishness was just a part of who he was and that in loving him, I would love that as well.

Where we're from is a part of who we all are, but it does not define us as individuals.

good luck to you both! :-)
Old May 31st 2002, 5:21 am
Mit

I'm 25(S. African) and Tim's 27(USC). We met in 2000 through mutual friends while I
was over here(MD) as an Au Pair. I left in Sept 2000 'cos the program ended. We just
left things as they were but continued our relationship via email and (very
expensive) phone calls. I then went to London mid Dec 2000 on a working holiday
makers visa. Tim visited in Jan 01, we went to Ireland together in Aug 01 and he
proposed in Sept over the phone. He did come over in Oct on business and proposed
properly 'on bended knee'. We started the K1 process in Nov while he was still here
and I got my visa on 19th Mar 02. (he came to the interview with me 'cos he was back
over on business). It took a lot of working but I managed to get the cheapest flight
over (for the Easter season) on 4 April and we were married on 8 April in Ellicot
City. We've submitted all the AOS paperwork, they've cashed the cheques and sent us
receipts. Not much longer, I hope!!

I'm also not 'tame and domicle' Tim would probably die laughing if anyone described
me as that! I've never cooked in my life! It's always been family homecooking or
frozen dinners. I've found that being at home now, doing nothing has led me to start
and I won't tell Tim this, but I actually seem to be enjoying it. But we still take
turns with all housework and cooking. The other thing occupying me at the moment is
preparing for the official wedding ceremony in July and planning our trip to S.
Africa in October.

Cubendri & Tim

Old May 31st 2002, 6:20 am
Gregnsandy

I'm 20 (Canada) and Greg is 32 (USA) I know, big age gap... but we are so completely
in love with each other and thats what matters.

I met a girl named Diana in a Christian chatroom in 2000. We became good friends, and
we started chatting on MSN messenger mostly. One day she added Greg to our
conversation, just for the heck of it. Greg was a friend of hers who lives in the
same city as her, they are friends "outside of the internet" so to speak. He was a
nice guy, so I added him to my list, thinking nothing of it really.

We started talking alot more, just whenever we would see each other online, and we
were just friends for a long time. However, eventually we started to realize that
there was "something there" and we began talking on the phone alot as well.

About 2 weeks after we started dating, we realized we hadn't even asked how old the
other was. When we found out we were 13 years apart, we both pretty much freaked out
and almost broke it off right then and there. However, both of us, upon thinking that
we were going to lose the other, freaked out and couldn't bear it. We were in love
before we realized each other's age, and it took a little while to get used to the
idea, but now it's nothing at all, we don't even think about it unless we're laughing
about it... Sometimes he'll tell me a story of some concert he went to when he was
18.. and I'll remind him I was 5 years old at the time haha

Alot of people think he's a sicko, saying things like "what does he want with a 20
year old girl" but the thing is, we don't believe in sex before marriage. If his
intentions were to take advantage of some young meat, he would at least find one that
would be willing to actually do it with him. hehe.

Anyways, we met in person in Nov 2001, I stayed a month with Diana and her family and
visited Greg. (I didn't stay at his house because it would be too tempting to sleep
with him... hey, I said we don't believe in sex before marriage, that doesn't mean we
don't WANT it now hehe)

He visited for 10 days in March and proposed to me. We're getting married May 17th
2003, and I wish it were yesterday!

As for my intentions of marrying him, other than the fact that I want to be with the
man I love, there are none. It is simply that. As it should be.

Old May 31st 2002, 6:36 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Rita (USC) 54 in 8 days and Jim (Cdn) 61. Met in 1996 online; physically started dating in 1997 and married in Autum '98. I was friends with his then soon-to-be ex-wife (they were legally separated for 3 years but remain close friends even til today) and her sister long before I met Jim. Got his attention when I told him he was rude and obnoxious and to cut the s**t out ;-) He liked the idea that I was self-confident and outspoken and actually very much like himself.

Stormy marriage of two pigheaded adults who never thought to marry again but did so because it was the only way we could be together. Would have preferred our generation's way of doing things and just lived together until death do us part without making it legal. After all, we ain't kids. Ain't going to be having any either at this stage of our lives. Believe in the values of marriage and would have carried those values into any 'non-legal' permanent relationship we had. We are both non-conformists and firmly believe that individuality has to survive if the partnership is worth having and that neither one of us has to live in the ~back pocket~ of the other in order to have a viable, loving and respectful marriage.

This is my second marriage and Jim's third.

Rete and Jim
A Dubious Can/Am Success Story ;-))))

PS Greg and Sandy ... Jim's second wife was 19 and he was 38 when they married. Their marriage lasted 16 years before she fell for someone younger and foreign.

Last edited by Rete; May 31st 2002 at 7:28 am.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.