Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

How much of your application is sent to Consulate? anyone?

Wikiposts

How much of your application is sent to Consulate? anyone?

Old Jul 21st 2003, 8:00 am
Forum Regular

melanieberns is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How much of your application is sent to Consulate? anyone?

This is just a silly/scared question...

Does anyone know if the BCIS service center sends your entire application, all the support and pictures and everything to the Consulate?

My file was massive---nearly 3 inches thick. I'm trying to explain to myself why my file hasn't reached the London consulate yet. I know it hasn't been THAT long (about 11 days since NVC sent it or 22 days since 2nd NOA) but, compared to how quickly other people seem to have received packet 3 from London on their timelines, mine seems to be going a little slow. hmm.

Am I wrong about the time-frame? I'm trying not to jump the gun but it's sooo hard.

If anyone has any info to offer, it would be much appreciated.
thanks.
melanieberns

hope everyone is staying sane.

Last edited by melanieberns; Jul 21st 2003 at 9:28 am.
Old Jul 21st 2003, 9:11 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Just curious why you sent all the stuff that your finace would take to the interview to the Consulate? All the Consulate needs right now is the required stuff, not the holiday snaps etc.
Old Jul 21st 2003, 9:20 am
Forum Regular

I haven't sent anything to the consulate. I sent copies of all my stuff (proof of relationship) to the BCIS service center (CSC) and I'm curious as to what they pass on the the consulate via the NVC. If it is the whole file or just a partial file.

Last edited by melanieberns; Jul 21st 2003 at 9:26 am.
Old Jul 21st 2003, 9:31 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by melanieberns
I haven't sent anything to the consulate. I sent copies of all my stuff to the BCIS service center (CSC) and I'm curious as to what they pass on the the consulate via the NVC. If it is the whole file or just a partial file.

That's what I am confused about.? Granted we did K3 not K1 through London but I didn't think you guys had to send all that stuff to the Service Center? The extra stuff was what was the fiance took to Consulate as proof of your relationship. I thought only exception is when they request further info, copies of prior divorce decrees etc along with the 129F and the 325A.
Old Jul 21st 2003, 9:45 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How much of your application is sent to Consulate? anyone?

Melanie,

They've had to send Request for Proposal to Boeing and Airbus to develop a new transport plane cabable of carrying such a file.

Seriously - why?

Your file may be missing because nobody wants to be the one who has to go through it.

Regards, JEff

Does anyone know if the BCIS service center sends your entire application, all the support and pictures and everything to the Consulate?

My file was massive---nearly 3 inches thick. I'm trying to explain to myself why my file hasn't reached the London consulate yet. ...
Old Jul 21st 2003, 10:01 am
Forum Regular

From what I was told, and from what I have read, the more proof (of having met and of having a bonafide relationship) one sends to the CSC, the better. And, and that it's a good idea to send preemptive things as well....like supplying a copy of a birth certificate instead of waiting to receive an RFE, ect.

He will also take evidence to the interview.
Old Jul 21st 2003, 10:07 am
Forum Regular

Jeff,
ha. ha.

My petition was already approved... a little bit before the processing time report said my date was up (put on a desk I mean). granted, they may have wanted to get the thing off their hands. j/k

.....and it made it to the NVC ok too--and quickly. just hasn't reached the consulate yet. hmm.

Last edited by melanieberns; Jul 21st 2003 at 1:19 pm.
Old Jul 21st 2003, 10:13 am
Forum Regular

AND, it was well organized. Shouldn't have been too difficult...lots of multi-colored, translucent file type thingies and all.

p.s. I may have exaggerated a bit, maybe it was only 2 1/2 inches thick.

-

Last edited by melanieberns; Jul 21st 2003 at 10:17 am.
Old Jul 21st 2003, 12:02 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

AND, it was well organized. Shouldn't have been too difficult...lots of multi-colored, translucent file type thingies and all.

p.s. I may have exaggerated a bit, maybe it was only 2 1/2 inches thick.

-
Ours was organized neatly without tabs, binder clips, acco binders, binder covers, etc. and contained NO e-mails, NO letters, NO telephone bills, one photograph, two boarding passes, and two itineraries and a letter.

Sent, received, approved and returned/received back approved in seven days.

Rete
Old Jul 21st 2003, 12:35 pm
Forum Regular

Rete, I wasn't implying the application needed to be organized in any particular fashion. I was just responding to Jeff's comment that maybe no one would want to look at my file. I was trying to say that I don't think my application looked very daunting even though it was thick and contained a lot of infromation--- and that it was approved despite the size. I guess everyone has a different way of doing things. From my research, I believed I should include a ton of information, so I did. I got scared...reeeally wanted it to work out well. maybe it was too much...i don't know.

I'm assuming from your comments that you believe the CSC sends the entire file to the consulate. I definitely know how long biggish packages take to get to the UK. so, i feel just a little disheartened. hope it doesn't get lost in the mail..................hhhhhhhm.
Old Jul 21st 2003, 12:59 pm
In the UK

Careybear will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by cindyabs

That's what I am confused about.? Granted we did K3 not K1 through London but I didn't think you guys had to send all that stuff to the Service Center? The extra stuff was what was the fiance took to Consulate as proof of your relationship. I thought only exception is when they request further info, copies of prior divorce decrees etc along with the 129F and the 325A.

No in an I 129F petition it asks you for proof of your relationship...that you've met...i sent copies of emails and instant messages, pics, copies of phone bills....they want to make sure you've met...of course doing an I130 and being married already that is proof pretty much that you've met. Proving you've met your fiance is pretty much a requirement of the Fiance petition. You don't need to take the evidence that you've met to the consulate at all actually because it has already been proven in the I129F petition. At the consulate you only need what's on the checklist and it doesn't include evidence that you've met.

Carey
Old Jul 21st 2003, 1:07 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

And I was responsing so that others who did not have a 2-1/2 inch binder organized in colors and tabs do not become paranoid because you did it a certain way and was approved ahead of the timeline stated by the CSC and they didn't.

And yes the BCIS will send everything to the US Consulate. Read the posts from those posters who have commented on what they have seen of their files at the US Consulate during interviews and at the POE when all that stuff is placed inside of the brown envelope.

Rete

Rete, I wasn't implying the application needed to be organized in any particular fashion. I was just responding to Jeff's comment that maybe no one would want to look at my file. I was trying to say that I don't think my application looked very daunting even though it was thick and contained a lot of infromation--- and that it was approved despite the size. I guess everyone has a different way of doing things. From my research, I believed I should include a ton of information, so I did. I got scared...reeeally wanted it to work out well. maybe it was too much...i don't know.

I'm assuming from your comments that you believe the CSC sends the entire file to the consulate. I definitely know how long biggish packages take to get to the UK. so, i feel just a little disheartened. hope it doesn't get lost in the mail..................hhhhhhhm.
Old Jul 21st 2003, 1:13 pm
finally home with thing1

thing2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Melanie

Thing1 and I also sent a large file when we filed our I-129f petition.

Like you did, we simply provided the information requested. Maybe we sent more than was absolutely necessary but we covered all of our bases to prevent an RFE.

IMHO, for your own peace of mind, its better to be overprepared. How bad would it be if you sent one or no photographs, only to be asked to provide several more. There have been occassions where an application has been RFE'd for the most picky of things.

As for your time, it took 13 days from the NVC sending out the file to receiving my interview letter from the Consulate. We had a provisional file open at the time, so we had already completed the Packet #3 which your fiancé will be receiving.

Don't worry. All will be fine.
Old Jul 21st 2003, 1:29 pm
Forum Regular

Thing2,
Thank you very much. I appreciate your reassurance. I needed it right now...feeling a little fragile.

Rete,
I understand what you mean. I also realize that it is just chance that my file passed through slightly before the timeline---I believe it is highly unlikely that the files are looked at in chronological order.

And, thanks for the advice.
Old Jul 21st 2003, 1:42 pm
Forum Regular

jg1012002 is an unknown quantity at this point

They sent my entire package, including the video we did in UAE. They actually gave the video back to my fiancee and he is sending it back to me.

My file was very thick also because I didn't want to waste time with an RFE so I gave them anything and everything they could possibly want -- indexed and tabbed. It arrived at the embassy in 8 days.

After it got off the shelf it was approved no problems. Now if I could just get the namecheck thru I would be one happy woman.