Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

How many things to prove relationship is usually enough?

Wikiposts

How many things to prove relationship is usually enough?

Old Dec 4th 2001, 10:31 pm
Chris Ganje

Hi, my name is Chris and I applied for the i-129F / K3 visa for my wife whom I
married in the Philippines. The Philippines US Embassy has already received the K3
approval notice so I'm rushing to prepare all packet #3 things to send to my wife.
I'm so happy at the thought of being together again relatively soon!

How many things to prove relationship has tended to be enough for the fiancee and/or
spouse visa? If anyone's gotten their K3 successfully already and remembers what they
submitted (and therefore was adequate), I'd love to know. I assume the i-129F / K3
will require somewhere between the criteria for fiancee visa and spouse visa, but I
DIDN'T have to include ANY proof of relationship with the original petitions, except
for the marriage certificate. I suppose I should include the marriage certificate
again, along with other things

For example, if she has bunches of pictures from our wedding, and letters I sent her,
and if I send my phone bills with her phone number all over it, should I still
include more things?

I could include more, but it'll take a substantial time committment, as I have
disorganized mountains of paper-chaos to sort through to get at some of the stuff.
(Something I'll have to clean up before my wife gets here!) Except for letters she
sent me. I've neatly filed most of those.

Thank you so much in advance! Chris Ganje

Old Dec 5th 2001, 6:13 am
Ken & Ranjini Morton

I could be wrong, but I would think for couple who is already married, the marriage
certificate is the only proof of relationship you would need. It is stated under
Section 12. of the instructions that one should omit B.19 which is the question "Has
your fiance(e) met and seen you?" for the K3 . It is as further proof of this that we
included further proof of relationship. Anyway to answer your question, my fiance
sent his airline ticket stubs, boarding passes etc. for proof of his visits to my
country to meet me. We also included photos of us together. And copies of emails,
letters, birthday and Christmas cards we had exchanged. Copies of telephone bills. I
took stuff like that to my interview as well. My interviewer looked at the emails and
letters I took and the photos. I hope this helps. And we were approved both by the
INS and Consulate. Ranjini

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Dec 5th 2001, 8:22 pm
Chris Ganje

Thank you very much Ranjini for your kind reply. I see you, like many others have
including so many of their things I guess it's time for me to organize my
mountains of paper!

Sincerely, Chris Ganje

Ken & Ranjini Morton wrote:

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

[usenetquote2]> > Hi, my name is Chris and I applied for the i-129F / K3 visa for my wife whom I[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > married in the Philippines. The Philippines US Embassy has already received the[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > K3 approval notice so I'm rushing to prepare all packet #3 things to send to my[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > wife. I'm so happy at the thought of being together again relatively soon![/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > How many things to prove relationship has tended to be enough for the fiancee[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > and/or spouse visa? If anyone's gotten their K3 successfully already and[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > remembers what they submitted (and therefore was adequate), I'd love to know. I[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > assume the i-129F / K3 will require somewhere between the criteria for fiancee[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > visa and spouse visa, but I DIDN'T have to include ANY proof of relationship with[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > the original petitions, except for the marriage certificate. I suppose I should[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > include the marriage certificate again, along with other things [/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > For example, if she has bunches of pictures from our wedding, and letters I sent[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > her, and if I send my phone bills with her phone number all over it, should I[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > still include more things?[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > I could include more, but it'll take a substantial time committment, as I have[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > disorganized mountains of paper-chaos to sort through to get at some of the[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > stuff. (Something I'll have to clean up before my wife gets here!) Except for[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > letters she sent me. I've neatly filed most of those.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Thank you so much in advance! Chris Ganje[/usenetquote2]