Reload this Page >

how many administrative reviews lead to denials? scared

how many administrative reviews lead to denials? scared

Old Sep 14th 2002, 10:59 pm
Forum Regular

Tiff is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: how many administrative reviews lead to denials? scared

Originally posted by amys:

I just think my life is on hold for no reason. We didn't do nothing wrong and its so painful that others are getting their visas in other countries with no problem, even if they have to wait a month to get some things cleared up. I guess I am getting punished for loving someone from india. Ours is going on more than six weeks now with no movement. I have suffered enough in life and don't know why this shit is continuing. I thought I would be happy but i guess i was never meant to be happy.

amy
Amy

I can imagine it is extremely painful and frustrating to watch others complete their process while you sit waiting and wondering. It is unfortunate that the current world we all live in is experiencing any kind of tumoil, but that is the way of the world as it is, nothing you or anyone can do about that. The INS is not out to get you, no one is out to get you in this process this is the way life is now and all you or anyone can do is stay positive, and optimistic the wait will be a short one. Be strong and hang tough!!
Old Sep 14th 2002, 11:03 pm
Forum Regular

amys is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by mdmd101:

Amy:

Send the consulate a copy of this emontional posting. I'm going crazy on them. I know no-one is going to help me. I know the consulate can't do anything to me, except interpret the law, which says my wife should get visa so I'm harrasing them like crazy. Will let you know what happens.

MD
MD,

You know if I did this they will laugh at me, oh poor girl is crying, they will like this. You have the right frame of mind, if they investigated they need to give visa. Thats why they are not reviewing yet. I don't know what law they are going by. If they went by the DOS he has his visa. Thats why they can't tell me why they are holding him, cause theres no reason to and they know it to.

Also you can send faxes and you will never know if they recieved them or they just shred them and chuck them like I never seen that.

amy
Old Sep 15th 2002, 4:52 pm
Karen

Tiff <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > Originally posted by amys:
    > >
    > > > >
    > >
    > > amy
    > Amy
    > I can imagine it is extremely painful and frustrating to watch others
    > complete their process while you sit waiting and wondering. It is
    > unfortunate that the current world we all live in is experiencing any
    > kind of tumoil, but that is the way of the world as it is, nothing you
    > or anyone can do about that. The INS is not out to get you, no one is
    > out to get you in this process this is the way life is now and all you
    > or anyone can do is stay positive, and optimistic the wait will be a
    > short one. Be strong and hang tough!!

TIFF,

I beg to differ. The wait is not a short one for people that are truly
and honestly in love. Me and my husband have been going thru this
interviewing and admin. review for 9 months now. They are out to get
certain people. There is racial profiling, age profiling, religious
profiling etc. If they had just done their jobs and looked at the
IBIS checks they have done on the fiances and husbands of US CITIZENS
then they would have to go by law and issue visas. They are directly
going AGAINST the law because they know they can delay the process and
make people's lives miserable. They know they are the end of the line
for applicants and by delaying and revoking they are PURPOSELY messing
with ordinary citizen's lives. Yes, after 9/11 they have to be more
careful.... but when they have their security checks and all the
evidence that was asked for....i'm sorry, but a visa should be issued.
Amy is right, they are playing with people's lives. The interviews
at the MUMBAI consulate are deragatory, discrimanatory, harrassing.
And the fact is because it's a government office, there is NOTHING the
little man can do to fix any of that. Talks with Senators,
congressmen, talks with Theodore Andrews who basically didn't listen
to a word i said but told me to write him an email when i had already
done so 2 MONTHS ago, the Consulate knows they can do this, they've
done it for years, we're not the first ones they've messed with.
If you fit the DOS laws and profiling, then you are in this country no
problem, but if you fall outside just a little bit, your life is
literally ruined.
As of today, 2 interviewers went to my husband's house on Aug. 6 and
we have heard no word from them. Common courtesy huh? If my husband
makes a phone call they don't have the manners to tell him ANYTHING.
SO please, don't figure out our problems with the embassy until you
have gone through this yourself.

Old Sep 16th 2002, 3:40 am
BE Enthusiast

tara is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Karen:
mdmd101 Tara, i have tried to do the survey but i'm not very computer
literate, i haven't figured out where exactly on the yahoo home page i need to
type in the password etc. Can u explain it again??? Thanks!!! Tara, btw,
Theodore Andrews must've been having a hard day the other day when i called him,
he could barely spit out a sentence, almost sounded like he was drunk, just told
me to write him an email which I had done 2 months ago!!

Good Luck everyone.
Hi Karen,
i've simplified it for you. Go to
www.yahoomail.com
That will open up Yahoo mail page, now type in
YahooID...........indiavisasurvey
Password..........goodluck

That will open the account. Now clik the "Draft" folder, in the lefthand column under the "Inbox", there will be a letter with instructions in there for you.

i left one for you too Amy.

While you are there you can read the other surveys under the categories IR1, K1, K3.

best wishes,
Old Sep 16th 2002, 5:01 am
Forum Regular

Tiff is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Karen:

TIFF,

I beg to differ. The wait is not a short one for people that are truly
and honestly in love. Me and my husband have been going thru this
interviewing and admin. review for 9 months now. They are out to get
certain people. There is racial profiling, age profiling, religious
profiling etc. If they had just done their jobs and looked at the
IBIS checks they have done on the fiances and husbands of US CITIZENS
then they would have to go by law and issue visas. They are directly
going AGAINST the law because they know they can delay the process and
make people's lives miserable. They know they are the end of the line
for applicants and by delaying and revoking they are PURPOSELY messing
with ordinary citizen's lives. Yes, after 9/11 they have to be more
careful.... but when they have their security checks and all the
evidence that was asked for....i'm sorry, but a visa should be issued.
Amy is right, they are playing with people's lives. The interviews
at the MUMBAI consulate are deragatory, discrimanatory, harrassing.
And the fact is because it's a government office, there is NOTHING the
little man can do to fix any of that. Talks with Senators,
congressmen, talks with Theodore Andrews who basically didn't listen
to a word i said but told me to write him an email when i had already
done so 2 MONTHS ago, the Consulate knows they can do this, they've
done it for years, we're not the first ones they've messed with.
If you fit the DOS laws and profiling, then you are in this country no
problem, but if you fall outside just a little bit, your life is
literally ruined.
As of today, 2 interviewers went to my husband's house on Aug. 6 and
we have heard no word from them. Common courtesy huh? If my husband
makes a phone call they don't have the manners to tell him ANYTHING.
SO please, don't figure out our problems with the embassy until you
have gone through this yourself.
Karen,
I apologize for the way my post sounded and obviously did not come across the way it was meant to.

Let me try and word this differently, I sympathize with what you are going through, I can't even begin to imagine the frustration this kind of thing would bear. I was trying to state in my opinion that this situation is not Amy or her husbands fault as it is not yours or your husbands fault. It is the fault of the world we live in today. I guess I just find it hard to relate that the INS would just randomly choose someone from the pile and say "lets screw with these peoples lives" could be a case and I am in denial that anyone or any agency could be that cruel to innocent people (always the optimist that I am)

The events of the world today have and will continue to make this process harder for anyone attempting to go through this. Regarding my statement of the wait being a short one, I realize it is not a short wait, I believe being postive and optimistic the wait will feel shorter and hopefully less frustrating for those experiencing this. I hope when Amy implied suicide that she was not serious and it was a statement made out of frustration. I was hoping she would stay postive and remain strong.

I don't know Amy, just going by what she has posted, but I hope that she can remain strong.

Sorry if my message was misunderstood.
Old Sep 16th 2002, 4:31 pm
Forum Regular

mdmd101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Amy:
Hello, I am going nuts. We are under administrative review since august and not sure
why we are reviewed. Its not for security checks. I just don't know what went wrong,
why they feel like we don't deserve to be together. The consulate sayed they have
everything they need but why the review. There was no document problems during the
interview.

Does anyone know what are chances are being together after a review. All the
paperwork was in order and everything was perfect. I am afraid they will deny.

Has anyone heard of anyone get denied after a review. Does anyone have statistics on
this. Anything will help. Please I am so at lost here.

I will die if he gets a denial, we are a legit couple.

amy

Hello Amy, Karen, co-members:

I just received an e-mail from the Bombay consulate in response to my incessant harassing that our case warrant futher invetigation and they couldn't tell me how long will this take. It also talks about reviewing the evidence.

The 221(g) letter said "admin. processing." What this tells me is that "admin. review" and "admin. proc." are one and the same thing. It also tells me that the consulate actually investigates further after giving the "admin. proc." letter like in Karen's case they went to her fiance's house.

So I'll let you guys know how long this investigation take. Bye.

MD
Old Sep 16th 2002, 6:05 pm
Forum Regular

Md

Why are they picking on us. What is their problem? Are they having a problem cause we don't have perfect lives. I guess they want everybody to be perfect.

I just don't understand all of a sudden they need to review mostly everyone. I think they are not happy with people who met on the net and fell in love cause they are seeing overabundance of k1/k3. They don't know how to handle these kind of cases.

Thanks for letting us know what they sayed to you. Did they ever respond to your congressman and sentators inquiries.

amy

Hello Amy, Karen, co-members:

I just received an e-mail from the Bombay consulate in response to my incessant harassing that our case warrant futher invetigation and they couldn't tell me how long will this take. It also talks about reviewing the evidence.

The 221(g) letter said "admin. processing." What this tells me is that "admin. review" and "admin. proc." are one and the same thing. It also tells me that the consulate actually investigates further after giving the "admin. proc." letter like in Karen's case they went to her fiance's house.

So I'll let you guys know how long this investigation take. Bye.

MD
Old Sep 16th 2002, 6:11 pm
Forum Regular

Hello Amy:

They didn't respond to the Senator's office or to Theo Andrews. However, they responded to my fax.

Amy, they are not putting everyone in "admin. review." Cases where there the women is not older than man, neither party was married before get their visas in 10 mintues of interviewing.

My wife was there 3 full days and made friends with other beneficiaries and all the ones who were "clean" got their visa after a 10 minute interview the same day and the ones who had red flags like divorce in my case got the "admin. review."

Both you and I and Karen don't have perfect marital past so they're delaying us for investigation. Inform you spouse that the Consular officers may give him a visit.

MD
Old Sep 16th 2002, 6:45 pm
Forum Regular

md,

So I don't understand the review if we don't have the perfect life. I just don't get it. Does love ever come into this picture. I am still upset about this unfair treatment. I guess alot of people know how to beat the system, like giving so many ridiculous documents. It makes me mad they we are in love so much and hurting. That our lives are on hold for their insecurities.

amy
Old Sep 16th 2002, 7:00 pm
Forum Regular

ralph is an unknown quantity at this point

This is what i have been saying for the very beginning.
I am glad you finally figured it out.

These procedures were followed for a very long time, and they continue to do so.

Meanwhile, I would be really interested to see how surveys or involving the US Senate and the White House can change procedures to a very dynamic consulate that has to deal with a myriad of cultural complexities.

Best
Ralph

Amy, they are not putting everyone in "admin. review." Cases where there the women is not older than man, neither party was married before get their visas in 10 mintues of interviewing.

My wife was there 3 full days and made friends with other beneficiaries and all the ones who were "clean" got their visa after a 10 minute interview the same day and the ones who had red flags like divorce in my case got the "admin. review."

Both you and I and Karen don't have perfect marital past so they're delaying us for investigation. Inform you spouse that the Consular officers may give him a visit.

MD [/SIZE][/QUOTE]
Old Sep 16th 2002, 7:06 pm
Forum Regular

[QUOTE][SIZE=1]Originally posted by ralph:
This is what i have been saying for the very beginning.
I am glad you finally figured it out.

These procedures were followed for a very long time, and they continue to do so.

Meanwhile, I would be really interested to see how surveys or involving the US Senate and the White House can change procedures to a very dynamic consulate that has to deal with a myriad of cultural complexities.

Best
Ralph

Ralph,

They need to update their policys and procedures cause their system is not in MODERN TIMES. They have to realize that relationships come in different flavors. I don't understand they don't think our relationship is legit cause i have children, this bogus. Did they ever consider how its affecting me and my children.

amy
Old Sep 16th 2002, 7:36 pm
Forum Regular

Ralph,

They need to update their policys and procedures cause their system is not in MODERN TIMES. They have to realize that relationships come in different flavors. I don't understand they don't think our relationship is legit cause i have children, this bogus. Did they ever consider how its affecting me and my children.

amy [/SIZE][/QUOTE]

Hello Amy:

You come across as very distraught and emotional. You should share your true feelings with the Consulate--I'm serious, this is how you feel and you should let the consulate know.

I don't think "interrogations" do the consulate any good as they do have to and have given visas in some overtly and obviously mis-matched relationships. I'm specifically refering to the the woman being older than man--this concept is a taboo in India and also not too common in the US.

I feel they should do away with the "third degree" interviews as the consulate isn't accomplishing anything. They gave Tara's husband the third degree, but still have to give him the visa.

As to investigations, I don't have a problem. The consulate needs to address the red flags and the beneficiaries shouldn't mind if they are legit.

As to the time taken for investigation, I have a problem, but the timeline is still much better than the INS. Well, Amy, you should express your feeling to the Consulate. What do you have to loose?

MD
Old Sep 16th 2002, 7:54 pm
Forum Regular

Ralph,

MD,

I have wrote already a long paper about my feelings and have the representives office fax it over. It was a very emotional one. I explained how i am feeling, so distraught and can't function at work, crying all the time, that i have a wedding dress picked out and all that. My family is affected by this esp my children. I explained everything to them and they still say we are investigating. Nothing like sorry for this, nothing. I don't care if they are investigating, its just this unneccesary wait. Let them investigate. I don't care, its the wait and our life is on hold.

amy

Hello Amy:

You come across as very distraught and emotional. You should share your true feelings with the Consulate--I'm serious, this is how you feel and you should let the consulate know.

I don't think "interrogations" do the consulate any good as they do have to and have given visas in some overtly and obviously mis-matched relationships. I'm specifically refering to the the woman being older than man--this concept is a taboo in India and also not too common in the US.

I feel they should do away with the "third degree" interviews as the consulate isn't accomplishing anything. They gave Tara's husband the third degree, but still have to give him the visa.

As to investigations, I don't have a problem. The consulate needs to address the red flags and the beneficiaries shouldn't mind if they are legit.

As to the time taken for investigation, I have a problem, but the timeline is still much better than the INS. Well, Amy, you should express your feeling to the Consulate. What do you have to loose?

MD
Old Sep 16th 2002, 7:59 pm
Forum Regular

Amy:

I don't understand what they investigate!!! India is a very difficult place to even get a reply from the local court or the police station or the place where wedding party was held, etc.

Invetigating is India is a impossibility so what I don't understand is what do they invetigate?

They haven't gone to my wife's neighborhoo or your fiance's neigborhood asking questions? What the heck are they investigating?

MD
Old Sep 16th 2002, 8:19 pm
Forum Regular

ralph is an unknown quantity at this point

Since you are a US citizen, The least you can now do is to go to the American Services Center and ask to speak to a real American Officer. Give him/her a copy of the fax if you have to.

Dont know how or if it'd help at all. But as MD said, you've nothing to lose.

Best

Ralph,

amy [/SIZE][/QUOTE]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.