Reload this Page >

how long will it take??? yikes

Wikiposts

how long will it take??? yikes

Old Apr 5th 2004, 8:15 am
Forum Regular

DaisyDoe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default how long will it take??? yikes

i just mailed today the whole I-485AOS, i-131 travel, work authorization. how long will it take for them to receive it and how long will it take to approve it? help or info appreciated! my k1 visa expires on may 18th.
Old Apr 5th 2004, 8:18 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: how long will it take??? yikes

That your K-1 expires on 5/18 isn't an issue, as you have now filed for adjustment. The EAD could take up to 3 months or more to process; the I-131 usually doesn't take so long but it could - so don't leave the US until after you have parole. As for adjustment, mine took 33 months.

Ian (and Sheila)
---------------------------------------------------
Timeline:

Mailed I-129F: November 28, 1997
K-1 interview in Montreal: March 27, 1998
Married Sheila: May 23, 1998
Filed for AoS: June 15, 1998
AoS interview: February 20, 2001
Received PR status: March 4, 2001
Applied for Citizenship: December 8, 2003
NoA: Priority date - December 11, 2003
Fingerprinted: January 20, 2004
Citizenship Interview: May 5, 2004

Originally posted by DaisyDoe
i just mailed today the whole I-485AOS, i-131 travel, work authorization. how long will it take for them to receive it and how long will it take to approve it? help or info appreciated! my k1 visa expires on may 18th.
Old Apr 5th 2004, 8:30 am
Forum Regular

so the EAD will be approved shortly is there anyways we can check our status online ? or would we have to call a certain place?will they include an Identification card? with our name on it ? how long will it take for AOS? if yours took like 2yrs and 9 months? wouldn't that be a problem with the visa or it's considered pending so it doesn't matter... how long does it take for them to receive it at the office? and starting to work on it?you think the i-131 will be approved before july when i leave? will they give me a SSN or a ssn card?when do they call for fingerprints and interviews for all that?
Old Apr 5th 2004, 8:32 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

so the EAD will be approved shortly is there anyways we can check our status online ? or would we have to call a certain place?will they include an Identification card? with our name on it ? how long will it take for AOS? if yours took like 2yrs and 9 months? wouldn't that be a problem with the visa or it's considered pending so it doesn't matter... how long does it take for them to receive it at the office? and starting to work on it?you think the i-131 will be approved before july when i leave? will they give me a SSN or a ssn card?when do they call for fingerprints and interviews for all that?

https://egov.immigration.gov/graphic...d=eZfY9B7xgbJb

Good Luck!
Old Apr 5th 2004, 9:07 am
Forum Regular

do you know how long for the people at uscis to open my file and look at it ? if i mailed it today??///
Old Apr 5th 2004, 9:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Daisy, you have to go to the Social Sec. Adminstration and request the SSN. USCIS has nothing to do with issuing those. After calling my local SSA office, I was informed that I should absolutely NOT wait for the I-94 to be expired (must apply within 90 days of entry). That being said, bring in your passport, with the K1, and possibly the receipts from your adjustment of status, as well as the memo found here: http://policy.ssa.gov/poms.nsf/lnx/0100203500#C
That memo proves that you have valid work authorization as a K1, and that you cannot be denied an SSN because you do not have work authorization.

Because you have a pending status change, it doesn't matter that it took over 2 years for the AOS to be approved. A person is still considered in status. After your AOS gets approved, then you will recieve a green card that I think has a picture on it..otherwise your passport and state-issued driver's license are your picture ids until your AOS is approved.

That's all I can answer for now.

Good luck!
Jamie