Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

How long wait for GC after approval at Interview?

Wikiposts

How long wait for GC after approval at Interview?

Old Nov 23rd 2005, 9:40 am
Just Joined

Sara Jones is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How long wait for GC after approval at Interview?

Hello everyone,
I was verbally approved for a GC last week, Nov. 15 in Garden City, New York, and I was told they would mail it out in a few days. Also they only wrote "I-485 pending in my passport". Has anyone had the same? And how long has it taken you to receive the actual GC.

Also they seem to have an incomplete address for me. Does anyone know who I should contact to correct the address -- the BCIS hotline or someone at Garden City?
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 11:24 am
Forum Regular

Amadeus is just really niceAmadeus is just really niceAmadeus is just really niceAmadeus is just really niceAmadeus is just really niceAmadeus is just really niceAmadeus is just really niceAmadeus is just really nice
Default Re: How long wait for GC after approval at Interview?

Originally Posted by Sara Jones
Hello everyone,
I was verbally approved for a GC last week, Nov. 15 in Garden City, New York, and I was told they would mail it out in a few days. Also they only wrote "I-485 pending in my passport". Has anyone had the same? And how long has it taken you to receive the actual GC.

Also they seem to have an incomplete address for me. Does anyone know who I should contact to correct the address -- the BCIS hotline or someone at Garden City?
I don't think you were approved. Did your name check and fingerprints clear? "I-485 pending" tells me you weren't approved.
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 11:47 am
Just Joined

Sara Jones is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Amadeus
I don't think you were approved. Did your name check and fingerprints clear? "I-485 pending" tells me you weren't approved.
Well, the officer said I was approved and she said it would be a matter of days before I received the GC
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 11:57 am
Forum Regular

Rose5 has a brilliant futureRose5 has a brilliant futureRose5 has a brilliant futureRose5 has a brilliant futureRose5 has a brilliant futureRose5 has a brilliant future

Hello everyone,

well ive been waiting for mine for nearly 3 months now and i am approved...i have the stamp in my passport until i get the acual card. has it taken any1 else longer to get theirs?
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 11:59 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everyone,

Hi:

You need two facts to compute the time: the date of approval and the date of receipt. Before then, its speculation. Every case is different.
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 5:21 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

You need two facts to compute the time: the date of approval and the date of receipt. Before then, its speculation. Every case is different.
Having said that if there are no issues they seem to come within the week.
Old Nov 24th 2005, 3:38 am
Forum Regular

Hope is an unknown quantity at this point

I am in a similar situation. I had my interview at the end of Aug (no stamp because my fingerprints were expired), got re-fingerprinted about a week after, and have not received the card to date. My lawyers did receive an approval notice on the application but I did not. I called the customer help number on the notice and they said they would look into it and to call back in another 30 days if I did not receive anything else.