Wikiposts

how long to wait

Old Jan 10th 2011, 9:42 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: how long to wait

Originally Posted by Wolfy
So turning up in a Hawaiian shirt, raybans and bemuda shorts and flip flops wont do, i guess that my inflateable duck ring will be out as well then?

Serously I can see the reason for the back lash on some of the questions, but we have to remember we were all new to this at some point and after a while the novelty of the question wears thin
Please don't quote me out of context.

I also explain that when I was new, I preferred to search for an answer to an FAQ instead of asking it.
Clearly, it doesn't bother others to just ask.
Old Jan 10th 2011, 12:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Where did you get married?

Why shame on NVC? They evidently did check the "papers" and decided the marriage certificate that was submitted was not a certified copy. Whether NVC made a mistake or not, I don't know. All you can do is send what they ask for and hope it's the right one.

Other than that, you are right on track with your timeline...it's been 5 months and you already hearing back from NVC regarding the civil documents that were submitted. So you are right on schedule.
Rene
Actually the I-130 instructions do not request a certified copy, but just states copy as per page 3.

Thats all we sent
Old Jan 10th 2011, 12:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
Please don't quote me out of context.

I also explain that when I was new, I preferred to search for an answer to an FAQ instead of asking it.
Clearly, it doesn't bother others to just ask.
I am sorry if you took this seriously, but obviously the original poster is not respoding clearly to what is being asked of them.

I am just in one of my funnier moods, I am not here to take others words and put them out of context.

my apologies if that was taken as a serious retort!
Old Jan 10th 2011, 1:42 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Actually the I-130 instructions do not request a certified copy, but just states copy as per page 3.

Thats all we sent
The I-130 requests a photocopy. NVC requests an "original", which in the USA is a certified copy.

Rene
Old Jan 10th 2011, 7:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

The I-130 requests a photocopy. NVC requests an "original", which in the USA is a certified copy.

Rene
Ouch ok so now we have to wait for them to request the certified now, how much time will that likely add?
Old Jan 11th 2011, 12:06 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

... how much time will that likely add?
Probably a month or two!

Ian
Old Jan 11th 2011, 2:35 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Ouch ok so now we have to wait for them to request the certified now, how much time will that likely add?
Why ouch? Did you send your one and only certified copy with the I-130? You'll need to get another certified copy, which doesn't take long (I'd order 2, just in case). Have it ready by the time NVC asks for original civil documents.

When you say "wait for them to request the certified...", do you mean wait for NVC to request original civil documents? That doesn't add any extra time, it will happen in its own regular time frame.

Rene
Old Jan 11th 2011, 4:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Why ouch? Did you send your one and only certified copy with the I-130? You'll need to get another certified copy, which doesn't take long (I'd order 2, just in case). Have it ready by the time NVC asks for original civil documents.

When you say "wait for them to request the certified...", do you mean wait for NVC to request original civil documents? That doesn't add any extra time, it will happen in its own regular time frame.

Rene
Ouch was my misunderstanding as I thought the certified copy was required with the i-130 pack as opposed to copy as we read on the instructions and thought we had missed something, so we are good if thats the case, as the OH ( seems like an old married couple...lol ) My wife is going into town today to order a certified copy and will take a week to 10 days
Old Jan 14th 2011, 11:15 am
Forum Regular

ycats is just really niceycats is just really niceycats is just really niceycats is just really niceycats is just really niceycats is just really niceycats is just really niceycats is just really niceycats is just really niceycats is just really niceycats is just really nice

I am so happy, to day my documents and passport arrived. Opening the packet i found my passport, along with a sealed envelope that has my file. The envelope that contains my file, clearly states do not open otherwise it says i may have to re-apply. The envelope with my file has a small tear on the edge of the envelope 2 inches exactly. What should i do? there is no way from looking at this that what is inside can be seen but should i selotape it to stop it from tearing any more? i will of course be extra careful to make sure it cant tear any more but can any one offer any advice as to what i should do? Thanks so much.
Old Jan 14th 2011, 12:18 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ycats
The envelope with my file has a small tear on the edge of the envelope 2 inches exactly. What should i do?
Do nothing. Leave it alone.

... should i selotape it to stop it from tearing any more?
No. Do nothing. Leave it alone.

Ian
Old Jan 14th 2011, 12:45 pm
Forum Regular

ycats is just really niceycats is just really niceycats is just really niceycats is just really niceycats is just really niceycats is just really niceycats is just really niceycats is just really niceycats is just really niceycats is just really niceycats is just really nice

Thanks.
I will wrapp it carefully and make sure it stays as it is till i get there.

Not trying to be negative but why can they mail out such important documents in such a shabby way that this can happen, it could have been wrapped to protect it better

. I paid a lawyer to do the work and to assure me that everything would go smoothly, if you read my previous post as to how i obtained this envelope that my documents were returned in to me, you will that see that had i have paid for the applaction on the day and mailed the paper work my self with out a Lawyer, I would not have made the mistake the Lawyer did with the photocopy tax return from my my sponsor and the fact we were told not to give them the original of the marriage cert because they tend to loose them. Also there was no indication off this being a problem on the day. Who knows what ? but the fact that this can happen with out making it clear how the process works in some form means that at some time or point some one is bound to get caught out ! all that was needed was simple instructions or did i miss that ?
Old Jan 14th 2011, 1:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

traceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ycats
Thanks.

Not trying to be negative but why can they mail out such important documents in such a shabby way that this can happen, it could have been wrapped to protect it better
Because they can, my envelope also had a small tear it wasnt a problem when I arrived as it was obvious I hadn't tampered with it!
Old Jan 14th 2011, 2:25 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

I always thought the corner's cut intentionally.

PS: Congrats on the document delivery! It's go time.
Old Jan 14th 2011, 9:25 pm
Forum Regular

Thank You British Expats.com
I couldent have got through this proess with out you.

I will update and and let you know how i get on.

Am going to go buy my ticket and join my Family.
Your the Best Many Thanks.