Wikiposts

how long to wait

Old Dec 13th 2010, 4:56 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: how long to wait

Originally Posted by avanutria
ycats, it might help if you visited this thread a bit more often and answered the questions that people are asking you...we sometimes need more information from you in order to give you the right answers. Aside from saying where you got married you haven't really answered any of the questions that people have asked you in this thread. You might find people's patience extending a bit further if you worked with us in trying to help you

There are many threads describing people's interview experiences so you may want to do a search on the forum for them and review some of them before tomorrow. Good luck!
And that.
Thank you, avanutria.
Old Dec 13th 2010, 8:53 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Did you enter the word 'xray' or 'x-ray' in the forum's Search function?

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by ycats
what do i do with the xrays ? do i have to bring them too. I remember reading about this but cant find the thread
Old Dec 13th 2010, 12:07 pm
Forum Regular

ycats is just really niceycats is just really niceycats is just really niceycats is just really niceycats is just really niceycats is just really niceycats is just really niceycats is just really niceycats is just really niceycats is just really niceycats is just really nice

i havent spent as much time here as i should have.

im not much of a computer nerd.

i thought the questions i asked were easy.

we got married in TX USA Sept 2009.

i went for my medical 10 days ago, hardest bit about going through visa process is geting the little details correct.

the medical requires photographs different from all the others, for any one going through the same note that there is a USA setting on the passport photograph camera, this produces the correct size pics. it was a nightmare trying to finding this out, no one has a clue, the doctor was no help at all! i am sure they are told not to help any one, most unfriendly. i hope for me i got all the little bits right this time, we had one hold up that has set us back 6 weeks so fingers crossed for tomorrow!

no i wont war a kilt

i find some of the comments more sarcastic than helpful.

Thanks or all the help we would be lost with out it
Old Dec 13th 2010, 6:40 pm
C_C
Forum Regular

C_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud of

the medical requires photographs different from all the others, for any one going through the same note that there is a USA setting on the passport photograph camera, this produces the correct size pics. it was a nightmare trying to finding this out, no one has a clue, the doctor was no help at all! i am sure they are told not to help any one, most unfriendly.
When I went for my medical in London I was asked for UK passport photographs. The only difference between UK and US passport pics is the size - the US ones have slightly bigger dimensions. That said, the dimensions they specify can include the white parts on the sides of the picture, so that's a very simple way to produce US-size passport pics. I've done that both for the I-130 and the medical (and I actually gave them slightly bigger dimensions than the specifications) and never had any problem.
Yes, some details are definitely important in this process but you need to be able to distinguish between important and minute details. You seem to obsess too much over petty things - what to wear to the interview, what time to get there, the size of the picture. These aren't the kind of details that are going to get you approved.

As long as your documentation is right, which is the important bit, you will be fine. Good luck!
Old Dec 14th 2010, 11:48 am
Forum Regular

ycats is just really niceycats is just really niceycats is just really niceycats is just really niceycats is just really niceycats is just really niceycats is just really niceycats is just really niceycats is just really niceycats is just really niceycats is just really nice

arrived 30 mins early at the embassy was told politely to come back 5 mins befor the appointment time. once inside i was given a ticket and waited to be called to booth. the chap was friendly he went through my file. 2 papers were wrong. when i went for my medical one of the two pictures i gave the doctor was missing, i was told i could go back out and get more taken, also i was meant to bring a large sae envelope, i was not told about this. i dident have to pay the visa fee as our lawyer had already paid. our lawyer should have given instructions ! i left the embassy and got the pictures, being later in the afternoon and not able to find a large envelope was starting to panic, a woman over heard me asking the shop assistant and said i work across the road, she said she would get one from her work. it was a god send i met her she wouldent take any money for it. went back inside was given a ticket and told to wait, once back at the booth went through the rest of the our file, one of my joint sponsor tax returns had an ink mark (copy for file) he said he had to see this paper with out the ink mark, have to have original one, he said i have to provide details of my wifes tax returns details, i gave the man the photographs and the sae envelope. he told me if they get the papers back by this Friday that i should recive my packet/file by next wed. end of paper check waited to be interviewed. a short while later i was called to a diferent booth. was asked a few questions about my wife, how we met ect, how old was our child, some questions about my job, was a plesent and friendly interview. its been a stressful day but my wife has managed to get the papers and they are already on the way. well thats it for the waiting we are just about done. i can say this has been the best Birthday ever, im so proud of my wife i dont know how shes managed all this. i think im a very Lucky man to have her. my life wouldent be the same with out her she has managed to help me give up the cigs, i have never felt better. i am not very good at explaining but thanks for having patience.
Old Dec 14th 2010, 11:54 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

i am not very good at explaining but thanks for having patience.
Congratulations! I'm glad things went well for you.

Ian
Old Jan 4th 2011, 12:05 pm
Forum Regular

14 Dec 2010. interview sucess, 2 papers they wanted to see with out mistakes, my wife had them sent to Dublin embassy fed ex delivered them 16 Dec 2010.

Wed 22 Dec visa did no arrive. I called the embassy talked to a chap he was very friendly, he said he needed the tracking number i told him i dident have that id have to call him up 10 min.

10 min later i called back (i had tracking number) a woman answered the phone and with out asking me anything told me my name and asked me to confirm this and my date birth then told me id get my visa some point Jan or Feb, reminded me not to call back an that the embassy would contact me. she then hung up - she was very rude. Later that day I called my lawyer in Houston (6 hours behind) she said she would do what she could to sort this out.

Next morning I got a call from the embassy they were very nice and said that they were sorry about the call i recived the day befor. The woman said I would recive my visa very early Jan. To day there was nothing for me in the mail, I hope it arrives tomorrow.
Are the embassy meant to email a recipt of the dispatch, iv had nothing.
Just ind it hard to belive they would use the mail system to send it to me, are they ment to use a courier fed ex or DHL.

Has any one any idea how this works? I and my wife have sent email to lawyer with the same questions.
I know at some point it will get here but after the first chap i talked to on 22 Dec said all the 2010 visa's were sent out and delivered that day i just cant work out why mine was not ?
Old Jan 4th 2011, 12:37 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

14 Dec 2010. interview sucess, 2 papers they wanted to see with out mistakes, my wife had them sent to Dublin embassy fed ex delivered them 16 Dec 2010.

Wed 22 Dec visa did no arrive.
That's only 6 days after it arrived at the embassy. They need time to process the new papers, issue the visa, and then send it out to you. Did they keep your passport at the interview?

Are the embassy meant to email a recipt of the dispatch, iv had nothing.
Just ind it hard to belive they would use the mail system to send it to me, are they ment to use a courier fed ex or DHL.
At your interview, you should have paid a courier for the delivery. Did you not?

Has any one any idea how this works? I and my wife have sent email to lawyer with the same questions.
How what works? You've done what you can...now you just have to wait for them to review the new items, issue your visa, and courier it out to you.

I know at some point it will get here but after the first chap i talked to on 22 Dec said all the 2010 visa's were sent out and delivered that day i just cant work out why mine was not ?
Maybe yours will be issued in 2011?

Rene
Old Jan 4th 2011, 1:13 pm
Forum Regular

Q1. The requested papers on day of interview were signed for at the embassy 2 days later. I was told so long as they got them by 3 days my visa would be issued. Fact is I never followed it up by calling up embassy and saying Hello you received my papers to day fed ex told me via email will it arrive on time, I feel had I have done this I would have it in time for Happy Holidays with my Family !

Q2. On day of interview they told me to get a large bubble envelope and fix €10 stamp, I did this. I want to add that the time of day and amamount of time i had to do this simple task there was no were in walking distance to get this, I could not belive the post office in Balls Bridge did not sell them, only tiny little ones for sending CD's, what i seen behind the booth looked like 500 sheets more like a block of paper. I tryed all the shops well theres only 4, and also 2 Property offices, then I asked a Taxi driver, he said with traffic there was no way, he said I dont want to take your money cause I know your in the wrong part of town, i seen on a few occasions this old'er Lady in the Shops Just as I was about to give up she walked over to me and said I could not help notice but what is the problem, I told her what it was I need'ed and she said I work over here, follow me I am sure we have them were I work, she said it would be better if i dididn'tollow her to her work and asked me to wait by a Bistro, said she only be 3 or 4 min. Felt like forever I looked at my watch id only been waiting 18 min thinking she was not going to come back and about to walk back to the embassy she appeared with what I wanted. I was so thrilled, I could not thank her enough, I offered money but she would not take it. I went back to the Embassy with more than enough time. I was so Happy. Sorry but thought you would like to hear the whole story.
Old Jan 4th 2011, 1:41 pm
Forum Regular

i wanted to ask advice.
do you think i should follow this up by geting in touch with the embassy if it has not arrived by tomorrow or should i wait with more patience till next week. Thanks for all the Help and support Happy 2011.
Old Jan 4th 2011, 2:45 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

i wanted to ask advice.
do you think i should follow this up by geting in touch with the embassy if it has not arrived by tomorrow or should i wait with more patience till next week. Thanks for all the Help and support Happy 2011.
The embassy received the Fed Ex on Dec 16. It has been only 11 working days since then. It's the holiday season and embassy staff is probably low at the moment. Personally, my advice is to wait. How long? Maybe another few weeks.

Rene
Old Jan 4th 2011, 2:50 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

do you think i should follow this up by geting in touch with the embassy if it has not arrived by tomorrow...
You understand, don't you, that most of the time between Dec. 22 and now has been taken up with holidays. People have been off work, the Embassy was shut for several days... nothing got done during that time.

... should i wait with more patience till next week.
I think you should wait for 2 weeks.

Ian
Old Jan 4th 2011, 11:18 pm
C_C
Forum Regular

C_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud of

While I agree with all the above, ycats, could it be that you are under AP? Are you an Irish citizen or a citizen of another country? Have you ever lived/worked in a muslim-dominated country? Do you have a muslim-originating name/middle name/last name? Anything that could prompt them to do extra security checks on your background before they can issue your visa?

All this said, you may just be caught up in festive season-related delays like others have said.
Hope you receive it this week!
Old Jan 5th 2011, 8:24 pm
Just Joined

rccrchickie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by C_C
While I agree with all the above, ycats, could it be that you are under AP? Are you an Irish citizen or a citizen of another country? Have you ever lived/worked in a muslim-dominated country? Do you have a muslim-originating name/middle name/last name? Anything that could prompt them to do extra security checks on your background before they can issue your visa?

All this said, you may just be caught up in festive season-related delays like others have said.
Hope you receive it this week!
Also in Ireland, on Wed the 29th, the post office and banks were closed. So that week was only a two day working week. I don't know if that was the case for the Embassy in Dublin, but it could have been. Also the weather conditions could have caused issues with staff getting into work, this will have also caused possible delays. It is sometimes hard to see the bigger picture when you are waiting, but hopefully now everything is back to normal, your wait will soon be over.
Old Jan 10th 2011, 9:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Wolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
Don't *make me* go find the number of *threads* on the topic of what to wear.. they always get my blood pressure up when people recommend wearing jeans!

Now, I'm the type who prefers to read everyone asking "nonsensical" questions instead of sticking my face out there to ask, and draw my conclusions that way. But, everyone's different.

Shutting someone down in that method, in my opinion, may keep them from asking a truly important question.

Since we aren't paid by the post here, others may want to adopt the new technique I learned about recently: Scroll n' Roll (down the page).
So turning up in a Hawaiian shirt, raybans and bemuda shorts and flip flops wont do, i guess that my inflateable duck ring will be out as well then?

Serously I can see the reason for the back lash on some of the questions, but we have to remember we were all new to this at some point and after a while the novelty of the question wears thin

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.