Wikiposts

How long should i wait

Old Oct 2nd 2010, 11:18 pm
Just Joined

lutongal is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How long should i wait

Hey everyone, first of all i would like to thank all the helpful people on this site. On my last post i explained how my interview was suspending because of lack of sufficient documents (police certificate of a country i lived in other than UK). Got the certificate and through the courier sent the documents to the London Embassy last Monday. I know they told me it would take about 15 to 20 days to receive the visa but was wondering if anyone else had the same experience and how long was it before they got the visa? Do i need to call the embassy to find out if they received the documents? Thanks in advance. Enjoy the weekend.
Old Oct 3rd 2010, 12:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Wolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How long should i wait

Originally Posted by lutongal
Hey everyone, first of all i would like to thank all the helpful people on this site. On my last post i explained how my interview was suspending because of lack of sufficient documents (police certificate of a country i lived in other than UK). Got the certificate and through the courier sent the documents to the London Embassy last Monday. I know they told me it would take about 15 to 20 days to receive the visa but was wondering if anyone else had the same experience and how long was it before they got the visa? Do i need to call the embassy to find out if they received the documents? Thanks in advance. Enjoy the weekend.
Not sure on your case details, but have been reading some have waited 3 weeks or so worth searching posts to see what others have waited
Old Oct 25th 2010, 2:50 am
Forum Regular

King Gimp has a brilliant futureKing Gimp has a brilliant futureKing Gimp has a brilliant futureKing Gimp has a brilliant futureKing Gimp has a brilliant futureKing Gimp has a brilliant futureKing Gimp has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by lutongal
Got the certificate and through the courier sent the documents to the London Embassy last Monday. I know they told me it would take about 15 to 20 days to receive the visa but was wondering if anyone else had the same experience and how long was it before they got the visa?
Did you have any joy yet? I've had the exact same issue - New police cert and passport was sent back to the embassy 10 working days ago but I've not heard anything yet.

c'mon hurry - I'd like to wipe the smile off my bosses face with a resignation letter
Old Oct 25th 2010, 3:00 pm
Just Joined

V_and_J is an unknown quantity at this point

It wasn't a police certificate that I had to submit, but I did have my application suspended awaiting further information.

I couriered my passport to them on October 13th, and I got my visa delivered on the 25th of October.

If you are worried that what you sent them has got lost in the works, or isn't what they wanted I don't see that a polite email asking if they have everything they require to process your visa would be out of line if it made you feel better. They are most likely on top of things though, and its only a matter of time...
Old Oct 26th 2010, 4:45 am
Forum Regular

King Gimp has a brilliant futureKing Gimp has a brilliant futureKing Gimp has a brilliant futureKing Gimp has a brilliant futureKing Gimp has a brilliant futureKing Gimp has a brilliant futureKing Gimp has a brilliant future

Happy days - Visa got delivered this morning.

Awesome.