How long to get F1 Fiance Visa?

Wikiposts

How long to get F1 Fiance Visa?

Old Jun 28th 2004, 8:34 pm
Just Joined

tellina is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How long to get K1 Fiance Visa?

Hi everyone!

Would anybody know how long it takes to get the K1 Fiance Visa? My fiance will file the petition in New York and as I'm English I will wait in England.

We would really appreciate any clues you would have about processing times for this Visa.

Thanks!!!

Tellina

Last edited by tellina; Jun 28th 2004 at 11:04 pm.
Old Jun 28th 2004, 9:48 pm
Forum Regular

21stcenturylove is on a distinguished road
Default Re: How long to get F1 Fiance Visa?

Anywhere between 3-6 months considering the fact that you are going through VSC and London. By the way its K-1 and not F-1.
Old Jun 28th 2004, 11:03 pm
Just Joined

Originally posted by 21stcenturylove
Anywhere between 3-6 months considering the fact that you are going through VSC and London. By the way its K-1 and not F-1.
Oh yes, K1 not F1! I have so much info going around in my head that I'm getting really confused!!!

But 3-6 months is not too bad at all. Do you know if that's the whole delay or just the time it takes once my file reaches the UK?

Thanks!
Old Jun 28th 2004, 11:45 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by tellina
Oh yes, K1 not F1! I have so much info going around in my head that I'm getting really confused!!!

But 3-6 months is not too bad at all. Do you know if that's the whole delay or just the time it takes once my file reaches the UK?

Thanks!
From the time the USC sends the I-129F application to the time the Foreign fiance(e) get the visa by Courier. I wont be surprised even if you finish it in 70-80 days, as you are going through the lightening speed service centre, close to the NVC, and the petitioner-friendly embassy abroad. If you having clear cut plans for action,you can finish it in record time. Good luck.
Old Jun 29th 2004, 1:27 am
BE Enthusiast

whistlestop01 has a spectacular aura aboutwhistlestop01 has a spectacular aura aboutwhistlestop01 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: How long to get K1 Fiance Visa?

Hi everyone!

Would anybody know how long it takes to get the K1 Fiance Visa? My fiance will file the petition in New York and as I'm English I will wait in England.

We would really appreciate any clues you would have about processing times for this Visa.

Thanks!!!

Tellina
Good Luck for the whole process. I went through VSC and London and I do hear that is the quickest. See my timeline below though mine did take 8 months from start to finish. Most people take a lot less than that so dont go by my timeline.

Gisela
Old Jun 29th 2004, 1:42 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone!

Thanks!!!

Tellina
It will take as long as it takes. No one can tell you how long it will be for final adjudication of the K-1. There are many steps involved in the process and the I-129F will see the sun rise in Vermont and then be sent on to the mountains of New Hampshire and then on to the shores of England. In between all that petition travelling there are many detours which can come up in the form of RFE's (referral for evidence), lost documentation, hits on security name checks, etc.

Why not read through the FAQ. I know that newbie get put off when I suggest this and prefer to pick the brains of anyone who will respond to them but the FAQ at www.visajourney.com is invaluable as a resource.

You will be having lots and lots of questions and lots of lots of opportunities to post here and make friends. Welcome to the world of waiting.

Rete
Old Jun 29th 2004, 1:45 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

From the time the USC sends the I-129F application to the time the Foreign fiance(e) get the visa by Courier. I wont be surprised even if you finish it in 70-80 days, as you are going through the lightening speed service centre, close to the NVC, and the petitioner-friendly embassy abroad. If you having clear cut plans for action,you can finish it in record time. Good luck.
Please do not encourage people to believe they will be finished inside of 3 months. You have no way of knowing what RFE's they might incur. You don't know if the foreign fiancee has a criminal history. You don't know if there are problems with the USC supplying an affidavit of support. You don't know if there is a medical situation that will cause problems.

I would urge you to be cautious in your response to people who ask generalized questions such as this one.

Rete
Old Jun 29th 2004, 4:18 am
Forum Regular

Keep us posted tellina. We are here to help each other out. If you follow the tips and techniques for avoiding RFE's and prepare the documents well in advance, you can reduce the number of days that you have to wait to be with your loved one. Of course, the wait will be longer if your case is not straight forward (which Rete has mentioned). I hope you dont have such problems. Good luck.
Old Jun 29th 2004, 12:15 pm
Just Joined

Keep us posted tellina. We are here to help each other out. If you follow the tips and techniques for avoiding RFE's and prepare the documents well in advance, you can reduce the number of days that you have to wait to be with your loved one. Of course, the wait will be longer if your case is not straight forward (which Rete has mentioned). I hope you dont have such problems. Good luck.
Thanks so much for all the advice so far! Neither of us has a criminal record or any medical condition so that shouldn't cause any hold ups.

I phoned the US Embassy in London yesterday and I was quoted btwn 6 and 12 months which isn't terribly helpful as there's a big difference btwn waiting 6 months to waiting a year! I suppose the longer time period would be if we did have any complications.

Do you know if we are told how long it will take when we apply, or do we just have to wait and see?

I will definitely read the FAQ to see what info I can find there. I suppose in asking the people of the forum I am looking for really recent answers from those who have just been through the K1.

Thanks again!
Old Jun 29th 2004, 9:24 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Tellina,
I would suggest that you ask your English fiance to get ready with his more than 6 six months valid passport, long form of birth certificate, marriage and divorce decrees if any, birth certificates of previous children if any, police certificate from UK and any other countries, photographs of himself in the new style prescribed by the embassy.

On you part, you should start working on your photographs, your passport, your birth certificate, marriage and divorce decrees if any, birth certificates of any children, evidence of your relationship with your fiance including calling cards, telephone bills, engagement pictures, other photos of you together, boarding passes, stamps on the passports at the airport, etc. Once you have done that you start filling out the I-129F forms.

By the way how far are you in the preparation of your I-129 F. If you have any questions over the I-129F, ask and clarify your doubts as you preparing the forms. Once you are done with the I-129F and sent it off, immediately start working on your I-134 Affidavit of support for which you need to fill in I-134 and notarize it, get employment verification letter about the kind of job, duration, salary, etc, bank verification about your deposits and balances, copies of latest federal income tax return or tax transcript, etc.

If you draw a chart and list all the items and develop a time schedule for each of these item, you can keep track of everything and reduce the delays. So start reading more about the procedures and enjoy the experience.

Good luck.
Old Jun 29th 2004, 9:35 pm
Just Joined

Hi Tellina,
I would suggest that you ask your English fiance to get ready with his more than 6 six months valid passport, long form of birth certificate, marriage and divorce decrees if any, birth certificates of previous children if any, police certificate from UK and any other countries, photographs of himself in the new style prescribed by the embassy.

On you part, you should start working on your photographs, your passport, your birth certificate, marriage and divorce decrees if any, birth certificates of any children, evidence of your relationship with your fiance including calling cards, telephone bills, engagement pictures, other photos of you together, boarding passes, stamps on the passports at the airport, etc. Once you have done that you start filling out the I-129F forms.

By the way how far are you in the preparation of your I-129 F. If you have any questions over the I-129F, ask and clarify your doubts as you preparing the forms. Once you are done with the I-129F and sent it off, immediately start working on your I-134 Affidavit of support for which you need to fill in I-134 and notarize it, get employment verification letter about the kind of job, duration, salary, etc, bank verification about your deposits and balances, copies of latest federal income tax return or tax transcript, etc.

If you draw a chart and list all the items and develop a time schedule for each of these item, you can keep track of everything and reduce the delays. So start reading more about the procedures and enjoy the experience.

Good luck.
Wow,it all sounds so complicated. All we want to do is get married and live together!!! By the way, it's the other way around - I am English and my fiance is American.

But I suppose that going through the K1 is still quicker than getting married now and then starting the I130 which can take up to 2 years I've heard.

Well, thanks for so much info. I just wish we'd started the whole process last year when we got engaged. Now that we're ready to move to NY we find that we can't! Oh how innocent we were thinking that because I'm married to an American I could live with him (I imagined that I'd have to apply for a Greeen Card, but it never occured to me that I'd have to wait outside of the US while it was being prepared nor that the preparation would take 2 years).

Well, it's not impossible I suppose, just long and complicated. But then again, it's well worth it!!!

Tellina
Old Jun 29th 2004, 9:44 pm
Forum Regular

.... But then again, it's well worth it!!!Tellina
Yes indeed !!!! Dont be put off by the numerous things you and your fiance have to do. Just take it logically and you should be fine and we all are here to help you in times of difficulty, should you come across hurdles.
Old Jun 30th 2004, 8:21 am
Eric S.

There is a common misconception that K-1 applicants have to provide evidence
of the relationship. That is not true. For the I-129F, you only have to
provide evidence that you have physically seen each other within the last
two years. Calling cards, telephone bills, etc. will not prove that.
Photos of you together, boarding passes, passports stamps, etc. will.

- Eric S.

"21stcenturylove" <member10076@british_expats.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > On you part, you should start working on
    > your photographs, your passport, your birth certificate, marriage and
    > divorce decrees if any, birth certificates of any children, evidence of
    > your relationship with your fiance including calling cards, telephone
    > bills, engagement pictures, other photos of you together, boarding
    > passes, stamps on the passports at the airport, etc. Once you have done
    > that you start filling out the I-129F forms.

Old Jun 30th 2004, 8:23 am
Eric S.

There is a pretty good overview of the K-1 process here:
http://www.visajourney.com/faq/k1faq.htm

- Eric S.

"tellina" <member26024@british_expats.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Wow,it all sounds so
    > complicated. All we want to do is get married and live together!!! By
    > the way, it's the other way around - I am English and my fiance is
    > American.
    > But I suppose that going through the K1 is still quicker than
    > getting married now and then starting the I130 which can take up to 2
    > years I've heard.
    > Well, thanks for so much info. I just wish we'd
    > started the whole process last year when we got engaged. Now that we're
    > ready to move to NY we find that we can't! Oh how innocent we were
    > thinking that because I'm married to an American I could live with him
    > (I imagined that I'd have to apply for a Greeen Card, but it never
    > occured to me that I'd have to wait outside of the US while it was being
    > prepared nor that the preparation would take 2 years).
    > Well, it's not
    > impossible I suppose, just long and complicated. But then again, it's
    > well worth it!!!
    > Tellina

Old Jun 30th 2004, 9:14 am
Forum Regular

Yes indeed !!!! Dont be put off by the numerous things you and your fiance have to do. Just take it logically and you should be fine and we all are here to help you in times of difficulty, should you come across hurdles.
Of course, you are right that photos together are the ideal proof of the two individuals meeting together and that people should be strong in proving the meeting rather than the long distance relationship....but there is no harm in adding these additional pieces of evidence such as telephonic communications. They just help in providing a convincing evidence on the overall.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.