Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

How long does it take after I-130 is processed?

Wikiposts

How long does it take after I-130 is processed?

Old Mar 3rd 2007, 7:50 am
Just Joined

meb 64 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How long does it take after I-130 is processed?

Hi all

According to the London US Embassy website, it looks like my I-130 is due to be processed next week. What happens next, and how long does it take before I can expect to have the interview? My wife is American, and we've been married for 14 years with 3 children, so we are expecting that it is pretty much a done thing. We've been told that the appointment for the interview can come a couple weeks after the petition has been processed, the interview a couple weeks after that and the green card soon after. In other words, about a month to 6 weeks in all. Is this correct?? Or are we being too hopeful? Any advice or insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Richard
Old Mar 3rd 2007, 10:26 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How long does it take after I-130 is processed?

Originally Posted by meb 64
... so we are expecting that it is pretty much a done thing.
Sadly, there's no such thing as a "done thing". Even the most straight forward application has the potential for glitches.

In other words, about a month to 6 weeks in all.
I suspect that 4 to 6 months is closer to the mark.

Ian
Old Mar 3rd 2007, 11:28 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

And your medical has to be fitted in before interview ..
Old Mar 3rd 2007, 11:37 am
who turned out the light?

Irn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Sadly, there's no such thing as a "done thing". Even the most straight forward application has the potential for glitches.

I suspect that 4 to 6 months is closer to the mark.

Ian
Yes, ours was filed in November '06 in Seattle but is being processed through Texas and have been told it will be July but maybe even longer, before we get our GC.
Though a colleague filed theirs quicker (I dragged my heals over medical) and his is looking to be shorter in time comparison so it does depend where it gets processed.
Each state is different.
Old Mar 3rd 2007, 11:43 am
BE Enthusiast

farmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by meb 64
Hi all

According to the London US Embassy website, it looks like my I-130 is due to be processed next week. What happens next, and how long does it take before I can expect to have the interview? My wife is American, and we've been married for 14 years with 3 children, so we are expecting that it is pretty much a done thing. We've been told that the appointment for the interview can come a couple weeks after the petition has been processed, the interview a couple weeks after that and the green card soon after. In other words, about a month to 6 weeks in all. Is this correct?? Or are we being too hopeful? Any advice or insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Richard

Hopefully your wife has been submitting tax returns to the IRS during her stay in England.
Also if you have applied for your police report that would be good too.