Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

How long did it take to receive your completted K1???

Wikiposts

How long did it take to receive your completted K1???

Old Feb 26th 2008, 10:32 pm
Just Joined

Bsimmer3000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How long did it take to receive your completted K1???

Ok i have just gotten of the phone to the head person at the embassy asking them to explain to me why every person i have spoken to tells me a different amount of time it is going to take to get my paper work back to me after interview. I have been told next day, 2 days, 3 days, 5 days, 10 days, 20 days, 1 month and 3 months. I know that 1-3 days seems to be the normal but she said that it is impossible for a visa to get to you next day after your interview or even 3-4 days after your interview. She said she wants to know the names of the people who told me all thse different times as they are very wrong. Well to me it's looks like either she is wrong or the people on here are wrong and i beleive the people on here more than her.
Old Feb 26th 2008, 11:44 pm
Twice half his height

Knight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How long did it take to receive your completted K1???

Originally Posted by Bsimmer3000
Ok i have just gotten of the phone to the head person at the embassy asking them to explain to me why every person i have spoken to tells me a different amount of time it is going to take to get my paper work back to me after interview. I have been told next day, 2 days, 3 days, 5 days, 10 days, 20 days, 1 month and 3 months. I know that 1-3 days seems to be the normal but she said that it is impossible for a visa to get to you next day after your interview or even 3-4 days after your interview. She said she wants to know the names of the people who told me all thse different times as they are very wrong. Well to me it's looks like either she is wrong or the people on here are wrong and i beleive the people on here more than her.

Mine was delivered to me 2 days later.
Old Feb 27th 2008, 12:49 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Ok i have just gotten of the phone to the head person at the embassy...
I understand why you are frustrated, but honestly... what do you hope to accomplish? You were told days ago, in this very forum, that it will take as long as it takes and there's nothing you can do to speed up the process. Do you honestly think that bullying someone at the embassy is going to make them move any faster for you than for someone else?

Even the US Supreme Court has stated that you can not rely on, as accurate, any information given to you by someone working on behalf of the US government. So it doesn't matter what any of them tell you... it will take as long as it takes.

Ian
Old Feb 27th 2008, 12:55 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
I understand why you are frustrated, but honestly... what do you hope to accomplish? You were told days ago, in this very forum, that it will take as long as it takes and there's nothing you can do to speed up the process. Do you honestly think that bullying someone at the embassy is going to make them move any faster for you than for someone else?

Even the US Supreme Court has stated that you can not rely on, as accurate, any information given to you by someone working on behalf of the US government. So it doesn't matter what any of them tell you... it will take as long as it takes.

Ian
Well seeings my call to this woman got my paper work marked as urgent then your are very wrong in this case. Also i didnt ask what you think the supreme court has to say on the matter! I asked people how long their's had taken, so that i can get an idea of how long this process is gonna take. If ya cant add a constructive comment then dont add one at all.
Old Feb 27th 2008, 1:11 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Well seeings my call to this woman got my paper work marked as urgent ...
Did it really? How do you know? Did you take her word for it? You know what the Supreme Court has to say about that!

If ya cant add a constructive comment then dont add one at all.
I'm sorry... who died and made you the Internet police?

Ian
Old Feb 27th 2008, 1:23 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Did it really? How do you know? Did you take her word for it? You know what the Supreme Court has to say about that!

I'm sorry... who died and made you the Internet police?

Ian
Don't take my reply in a bad way. I would just like to hear something positive from people instead of hearing stuff from people who all work in same building but all have different ideas on how long stuff should or does take to sort out. I had the same problem at the US passport control where the person who tryed to deny me from the US started telling me loads false info. I can understand that they have a lot to know but in the end it's there job and they should know what they are going on about.
Old Feb 27th 2008, 2:31 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Don't take my reply in a bad way. I would just like to hear something positive from people instead of hearing stuff from people who all work in same building but all have different ideas on how long stuff should or does take to sort out. I had the same problem at the US passport control where the person who tryed to deny me from the US started telling me loads false info. I can understand that they have a lot to know but in the end it's there job and they should know what they are going on about.
I realize my post is out of context, since my experiences are not with London. But, ours in Turkey took 2 days to be delivered, and a friend of mine in Pakistan's took about 3 months (that is to say, 3 months from the time the admin processing was approved). So from that, I can assume that the time can vary greatly, depending on the reason for the delay.

Rene
Old Feb 27th 2008, 4:33 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Well seeings my call to this woman got my paper work marked as urgent then your are very wrong in this case. Also i didnt ask what you think the supreme court has to say on the matter! I asked people how long their's had taken, so that i can get an idea of how long this process is gonna take. If ya cant add a constructive comment then dont add one at all.
How did you reach the 'head person at the Embassy'? Do you mean the Ambassador?
Or did you get a special contact number to a specific person because of the unusual nature of your visa situation?

It's no good beating people up here for their experiences--I've never seen anyone post with the same problem as you in over 5 years. I don't think anyone can tell you exactly what is going to happen to YOUR case.

You really should clarify that you had your interview but that your passport was damaged and needed to be replaced before the visa could be attached. That makes a difference for the replies.

The Supreme Court's opinion on this happens to be relevant to your thread, but that's OK if you're not interested (even though it answers your Q).

Is it true your interview was on Feb 18?