Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

How long an approved I-130 is valid, Applied through the embassy pakistan(DCF)?

Wikiposts

How long an approved I-130 is valid, Applied through the embassy pakistan(DCF)?

Old Aug 12th 2009, 7:25 pm
Just Joined

ehsanbaluch is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How long an approved I-130 is valid, Applied through the embassy pakistan(DCF)?

My wife is a us citizen and she petitioned for me and for our daughters I-130 at Islamabad embassy on 27 Aug 08. Those were approved on 28 Aug 08 and the embassy send the packet 3.5. Now i want to know like for how long this I 130 is valid.. like i am still busy with my job and cant leave before the end of this year.

Thanks
Old Aug 12th 2009, 9:20 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How long an approved I-130 is valid, Applied through the embassy pakistan(DCF)?

Originally Posted by ehsanbaluch
My wife is a us citizen and she petitioned for me and for our daughters I-130 at Islamabad embassy on 27 Aug 08. Those were approved on 28 Aug 08 and the embassy send the packet 3.5. Now i want to know like for how long this I 130 is valid.. like i am still busy with my job and cant leave before the end of this year.

Thanks
I think the I-130 approval is good for 1 year, but you probably should let the embassy know that you are not abandoning your case.

Also keep in mind that after the Immigrant Visa is issued, you have 6 months to use it, so that also buys you more time.

Also be aware that the majority (if not all) Pakistani males are put on Administrative Processing AFTER the visa interview, which can take anything from several months to more than a year. So that will also add to your timeline.

It's now August, your I-130 is approved. I would suggest continuing right away with the process, now. Turn in the packet, and go ahead to the interview. The end of this year is only 4 months away, I'd say it will be longer than that until you have your visa in hand, so it's not like you'll get it too soon.

Rene
Old Aug 12th 2009, 9:23 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How long an approved I-130 is valid, Applied through the embassy pakistan(DCF)?

Also, you mention "our daughter". If this is a daughter you had together, perhaps she is already a USC and does not need an Immigrant Visa. Double check that.

Rene
Old Aug 13th 2009, 3:10 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ehsanbaluch

Thanks
Hi:

General rule: I-130 has no expiry date.

That said -- you are now in the VISA process -- and "lack of prosecution" of the visa application can lead to revocation of the I-130.