Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

How long is the Administrative Processing?

How long is the Administrative Processing?

Old Feb 5th 2004, 8:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Khadija is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How long is the Administrative Processing?

Salaam & Eid Mubarak to you, too, Na'imah!

If you can get those dates from your hubby it would sooo helpful!! We don't have any data on how long administrative processing takes in Egypt and Darjl, Heba, Masri and I would be most interested to know your dates. Specifically, the date of your hubby's interview, the date he sent in the evidence to the consulate (I remember he forgot it for the interview), the date it was sent back and the date he finally received the visa via TNT.

Thanks a million!

Khadijah

Originally posted by NKA418
Greetings everyone

Salaam and Eid Mubarak Khadjiah, Imen, Amjad, and Heba

I was just popping in to see how everyone's progress was going. My dh arrived here in December '03 on a K-3 visa from Egypt. I am a little fuzzy on the timeline, but I asked my husband to try and recall the dates for me. My husbands AP got lost in the shuffle of Islamic and American holidays as well so it might not be the best guage in terms of time.

Now that he's here we're waiting for his EAD going on 2 months. I'm just glad that part of the wait is over for us. I know it's rough but have sabr. Please keep us all posted on your progress.
Old Feb 5th 2004, 8:47 am
Forum Regular

Sureyya is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey guys dont forget about me...Im here waiting too....

Old Feb 5th 2004, 8:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Sorry! Just got caught up in our little Egypt gang for a minute.

So far, the only final administrative processing times we have from this thread are from the Casablanca Consulate and range from 2 weeks to 1 month. The rest of us are waiting so we're not sure how long it'll take.

I would be great if more happy K3/K1 recipients who've undergone administrative review/processing would post their timelines. At least we'd have some measure by which would could know what we're up against.

Hang in there!!!

Originally posted by Sureyya

Old Feb 5th 2004, 8:55 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Sureyya

You're cute.
Old Feb 5th 2004, 9:14 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Eid Mobarak from me to all of you, also!
Old Feb 5th 2004, 12:22 pm
Overworked and exhausted

Hebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud of

Patty, the Cairo consulate has been both very helpful in answering my questions and incredibly dumb, too. I sent them an email last week asking about what they require with the affidavit of support (aside from the tax returns) if the sponsor is self-employed as a landlord. Today I got their response. They said to provide tax returns and the W2's. <sigh> It's like they didn't even read beyond my first couple of words.
Old Feb 5th 2004, 1:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

You noticed that, too, eh! I received a response today which had two questions. The first was whether the administrative process was routine or if there was a problem with my husband's case and in the second paragraph I asked how quickly the K3 must be activated after it is issued. They answered the first question - it is routine - but ignored the second. At least this time they thanked me for my patience!

Originally posted by Hebapotamus42
Patty, the Cairo consulate has been both very helpful in answering my questions and incredibly dumb, too. I sent them an email last week asking about what they require with the affidavit of support (aside from the tax returns) if the sponsor is self-employed as a landlord. Today I got their response. They said to provide tax returns and the W2's. <sigh> It's like they didn't even read beyond my first couple of words.
Old Feb 5th 2004, 2:04 pm
Overworked and exhausted

Hebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud of

Hee hee. Maybe I should buy a set of fangs and wear them to the interview. Have you noticed how we have quite a sizeable group of people here going thru Cairo yet none of us actually know anything despite our cumulative experiences?
Originally posted by Khadija
You noticed that, too, eh! I received a response today which had two questions. The first was whether the administrative process was routine or if there was a problem with my husband's case and in the second paragraph I asked how quickly the K3 must be activated after it is issued. They answered the first question - it is routine - but ignored the second. At least this time they thanked me for my patience!

Last edited by Hebapotamus42; Feb 5th 2004 at 2:16 pm.
Old Feb 5th 2004, 2:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

You must have been watching CSI (LOL)!

Thank God for those collective experiences or we'd all be in the looney bin by now. I really hope Na'imah posts her hubby's timeline soon. While not definitive, it will give us some insight into the length of time they take for administrative review.

What are your plans these days for going to see your husband? Are you going to tough it out until his interview? I'll keep you posted on my plans - who knows maybe end of April will work out for both of us - love the company!

P

Hee hee. Maybe I should bet a set of fangs and wear them to the interview. Have you noticed how we have quite a sizeable group of people here going thru Cairo yet none of us actually know anything despite our cumulative experiences?
Old Feb 5th 2004, 2:30 pm
Overworked and exhausted

It's funny, I hate that show even though I like forensic pathology. I refuse to like anything that's unrealistic. I also despise Law&Order, ER, and NYPD Blue.

I feel I've already gone loco. Today I jumped all over my husband while we were chatting and didn't realize how mean I was until hours later. I'm so stressed I thank God I didn't say anything too crazy or I'd never forgive myself. My outburst was triggered by the too-familar question of when I'd be coming over. I'm so sick of saying I don't know and explaining myself. He's baffled as to why things are taking so long here (can't imagine anything in the universe being harder than in Egypt). And then I got a zillion relatives asking me the same thing every time they see me. I feel like hiding in a hole until the process is finished.
You must have been watching CSI (LOL)!

Thank God for those collective experiences or we'd all be in the looney bin by now. I really hope Na'imah posts her hubby's timeline soon. While not definitive, it will give us some insight into the length of time they take for administrative review.

What are your plans these days for going to see your husband? Are you going to tough it out until his interview? I'll keep you posted on my plans - who knows maybe end of April will work out for both of us - love the company!

P
Old Feb 5th 2004, 3:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

I love CSI, Law & Order but hate ER & NYPD Blue. Other than those two shows, Friends & Scrubs I usually end up watching PBS.

I know what you mean about the endless questions. For me it's not when I'm going to Egypt. For me it's "Is your husband here yet?" I get so tired of say, "No" because the inevitable next question is "Why is it taking so long?" I dread it because there is no short answer!

My Egyptian family stopped asking this about a year ago - I don't know if Abdo clued them into how pointless it was to ask or if they really are more patient than my American/European colleagues. It's either one of those reasons or they're not so anxious to see him leave.

Curling up in a ball until this all finished is a nice thought. Unfortunately, it doesn't pay the rent! I take it your hubby can't access the internet and the NG. I wish Abdo could. At least if your husband could read the postings, he'd realize that yes, we can be as slow as Egypt - bureaucracy is bureaucracy no matter what the country.

P

It's funny, I hate that show even though I like forensic pathology. I refuse to like anything that's unrealistic. I also despise Law&Order, ER, and NYPD Blue.

I feel I've already gone loco. Today I jumped all over my husband while we were chatting and didn't realize how mean I was until hours later. I'm so stressed I thank God I didn't say anything too crazy or I'd never forgive myself. My outburst was triggered by the too-familar question of when I'd be coming over. I'm so sick of saying I don't know and explaining myself. He's baffled as to why things are taking so long here (can't imagine anything in the universe being harder than in Egypt). And then I got a zillion relatives asking me the same thing every time they see me. I feel like hiding in a hole until the process is finished.
Old Feb 5th 2004, 11:32 pm
Forum Regular

darljl is an unknown quantity at this point

I love CSI, Law & Order but hate ER & NYPD Blue. Other than those two shows, Friends & Scrubs I usually end up watching PBS.

I know what you mean about the endless questions. For me it's not when I'm going to Egypt. For me it's "Is your husband here yet?" I get so tired of say, "No" because the inevitable next question is "Why is it taking so long?" I dread it because there is no short answer!

My Egyptian family stopped asking this about a year ago - I don't know if Abdo clued them into how pointless it was to ask or if they really are more patient than my American/European colleagues. It's either one of those reasons or they're not so anxious to see him leave.

Curling up in a ball until this all finished is a nice thought. Unfortunately, it doesn't pay the rent! I take it your hubby can't access the internet and the NG. I wish Abdo could. At least if your husband could read the postings, he'd realize that yes, we can be as slow as Egypt - bureaucracy is bureaucracy no matter what the country.

P
I am glad to see that they said that the administrative processing is just routine. That is one less thing to have to worry about. It is also one more step closer to your successful petition.
Old Feb 6th 2004, 2:07 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Fine! I love Queer Eye For The Straight Guy and the West Wing. I recently renewed my addiction to cooking shows, that will pass, it always does. If I watch any of those skin/blood/flesh/tissue shows I get swoony. I'm not kidding. I was watching CSI one time and they (for some reason) were boiling a head in their crime lab. When I tried to stand up, my knees buckled and I fell back into the sofa. It was bizarre. As far as reality TV and 'lets make some goober into a superstar shows' those just make me puke.

Old Feb 6th 2004, 2:22 am
BE Enthusiast

I'd forgotten about Queer Eye and West Wing - love those, too!! Can't stand blood & guts in real life but on TV dramas I can handle it.

I'm with you on the reality stuff - it's totally stupid and showcases some of the worst things about our society.

P

Originally posted by Leslie66
Fine! I love Queer Eye For The Straight Guy and the West Wing. I recently renewed my addiction to cooking shows, that will pass, it always does. If I watch any of those skin/blood/flesh/tissue shows I get swoony. I'm not kidding. I was watching CSI one time and they (for some reason) were boiling a head in their crime lab. When I tried to stand up, my knees buckled and I fell back into the sofa. It was bizarre. As far as reality TV and 'lets make some goober into a superstar shows' those just make me puke.
Old Feb 6th 2004, 3:57 am
WTF?

You know I've been wondering something, this is a little off topic but it goes with our shared experience. What do you guys think their (meaning the foreign spouses/fiances) reaction will be to some of the stuff in our media? I mean, for God's sake, Janet Jackson's boob?!?!?! I think Khalid will be disgusted (so am I) by some of it. He watches American movies all the time and sees new releases before I do most of the time, and he absolutely loves them. I'm really talking more about TV. Any thoughts?

I'd forgotten about Queer Eye and West Wing - love those, too!! Can't stand blood & guts in real life but on TV dramas I can handle it.

I'm with you on the reality stuff - it's totally stupid and showcases some of the worst things about our society.

P

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.