Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

How long is the Administrative Processing?

How long is the Administrative Processing?

Old Feb 3rd 2004, 8:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Khadija is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How long is the Administrative Processing?

I hope I don't have to wait months to meet her! I already have another niece born last year I haven't met yet either!

Guess I'll post the "Roll Call". I'm as much interested in the results as imen would be.

Did a little research and discovered it can be as quick as 2 weeks or as long as 9 months (although the 5 month and longer group seemed to be exclusively with Mumbai)!!!

Cheers,
Patty Khadijah
Old Feb 3rd 2004, 9:35 am
Forum Regular

Sureyya is an unknown quantity at this point

I also posted under roll call...

We are in admin review in Pakistan...
My husband is 27 muslim...u know the typical admin review victim.

Anyway, they said 45 days for processing...However, we have one friend who was told the same and he is on his 6th month of waiting. Salooni from this newsgroup also got told 45 days and hers took 6 months to complete, so we are expecting the same..however, I am preparing to mail my congressman on day 46 and I hope this might help a lil.

Sureyya
Old Feb 3rd 2004, 1:40 pm
Overworked and exhausted

Hebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud of

I thought administrative review was something more scary and lengthy than administrative processing. It always seemed that the AP would take a few weeks to a couple of months whereas the AR would take several months. I remember someone posting about their pakistani husband a while back who I think spent many months in AR.
Old Feb 3rd 2004, 2:01 pm
Forum Regular

Alicia&Driss is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Leslie66
They will. Believe me, they will.
Howdy All,
Yep your right Leslie.lol
We are still waiting 2 weeks today. I have been trying to keep myself occupied. But Lawd its getting to me all this waiting. My father is going to call our congressman tomorrow, (Thank God they are good friends) hopefully he will be able to find out what is going on. Usually when he calls it takes a couple days for him to find out and get back to us. But of coarse Ill let yall know when I find out something.

Good luck IMEN I wish that you will hear something soon!!!!!

AWWWWWW Auntie Patty again Congrats!! Thats one of the names we plan to use also....I think is such a sweet name
Old Feb 3rd 2004, 2:49 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All,

Oh, believe me, I'll be posting everything as soon as we start moving on our case again!!

Sadegh is still in Iran, original birth certificate in-hand, but now waiting for his younger brother to finish his military duty (should be another 5 days or so) and then have the big family party for him and THEN they want to go back to Turkey together so Ali can start learning the business, and free up Sadegh's time to go to the interview and spend time with me when I get there :-)

All this waiting is maddening, but it can't be helped. At least the good news is Ankara has said they'll give us until May 21 to submit P3, since they understand working with the Iranian government can be a slow process. Hooray for small favors...the pressure is off to submit it right away.

I am 100% sure Sadegh will be on Admin Review/Processing and I'll keep you all posted when the time comes. He thinks he'll be back in Turkey by mid February, and we'll probably have an interview in mid to late March.

By the way, I have a friend (who doesn't post here) whose fiance is from Yemen but lives in Jordan. They have been waiting almost 6 months from his interview date, and he still has no visa. Wow.... :-(

Best Wishes to everyone waiting at every step of the way!!

Rene
Old Feb 4th 2004, 4:00 am
BE Enthusiast

I'll be very interested in what your Dad finds out Alicia. Would be very interesting how much is routine and how much is unique to each case.

Hannah is such a beautiful name. I had chosen it if Abdo and I had a baby so, when Amira found out she was having a girl, she asked if I'd mind if she named her baby, Hannah. Of course I didn't mind although now I have to go back to the drawing board if I'm ever blessed with a child.

This part of the waiting sucks. At least with the other parts of the process you can steal yourself for a long wait or the delays (in my case and Noorah's) are on our end. But this is torturous because it can be tomorrow or forever! You're so close yet so far as they say. In my case, too, it's complicated by all the travel I do and my desire to go to Cairo, visit with my family and the fly back here with my husband. I only have certain "windows of opportunity" and now Jan/Feb are gone. The next one up is April/May. I keep telling myself this is part of God's plan so my husband misses another chilling winter in Wisconsin (lol).

Cheers,
Patty

Originally posted by Alicia&Driss
Howdy All,
Yep your right Leslie.lol
We are still waiting 2 weeks today. I have been trying to keep myself occupied. But Lawd its getting to me all this waiting. My father is going to call our congressman tomorrow, (Thank God they are good friends) hopefully he will be able to find out what is going on. Usually when he calls it takes a couple days for him to find out and get back to us. But of coarse Ill let yall know when I find out something.

Good luck IMEN I wish that you will hear something soon!!!!!

AWWWWWW Auntie Patty again Congrats!! Thats one of the names we plan to use also....I think is such a sweet name
Old Feb 4th 2004, 4:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi,

Shwiya, shwiya as one says in Arabic (little by little). At least Sadegh won't have to go back to Iran for a very long time after this visit!!

If you search the NG, there's a past thread from about someone whose admin review from Ankara was complete after 10 weeks. Given the horror stories we hear here, that's not bad in the scheme of things.

Geez, if you can hang on until April, we could fly to Europe together - at the rate we're both going with our cases (LOL)

Why don't you get your friend to post here. Sounds like an interesting case - are there any unusual details to it? From my search yesterday, the longer admin reviews/processing times almost all had to do with suspected fraud cases.

Bye for now,
Patty

Originally posted by Noorah101
Hi All,

Oh, believe me, I'll be posting everything as soon as we start moving on our case again!!

Sadegh is still in Iran, original birth certificate in-hand, but now waiting for his younger brother to finish his military duty (should be another 5 days or so) and then have the big family party for him and THEN they want to go back to Turkey together so Ali can start learning the business, and free up Sadegh's time to go to the interview and spend time with me when I get there :-)

All this waiting is maddening, but it can't be helped. At least the good news is Ankara has said they'll give us until May 21 to submit P3, since they understand working with the Iranian government can be a slow process. Hooray for small favors...the pressure is off to submit it right away.

I am 100% sure Sadegh will be on Admin Review/Processing and I'll keep you all posted when the time comes. He thinks he'll be back in Turkey by mid February, and we'll probably have an interview in mid to late March.

By the way, I have a friend (who doesn't post here) whose fiance is from Yemen but lives in Jordan. They have been waiting almost 6 months from his interview date, and he still has no visa. Wow.... :-(

Best Wishes to everyone waiting at every step of the way!!

Rene
Old Feb 4th 2004, 4:52 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Khadija
Hi,

Shwiya, shwiya as one says in Arabic (little by little). At least Sadegh won't have to go back to Iran for a very long time after this visit!!

If you search the NG, there's a past thread from about someone whose admin review from Ankara was complete after 10 weeks. Given the horror stories we hear here, that's not bad in the scheme of things.

Geez, if you can hang on until April, we could fly to Europe together - at the rate we're both going with our cases (LOL)

Why don't you get your friend to post here. Sounds like an interesting case - are there any unusual details to it? From my search yesterday, the longer admin reviews/processing times almost all had to do with suspected fraud cases.

Bye for now,
Patty
Hi Patty
I've told her about this NG and I think she's browsed in here, but hasn't posted her story. Not much to tell except that they met on line, then met in person in Jordon, got engaged, and started the K-1 process. She's in Ohio, so I'm not sure which service center she used. Everything went smoothly, including the interview, at which point they told him he's on admin review/processing (don't know exactly which they said). The weird thing is that 4 months after his interview, they called him in to get more information. They started asking him specific questions about his travels to other countries in a certain year - but he was only a child during those years! After some debate, the consulate realized they had called the wrong guy in for questioning. They just told him "oh, sorry....we must have called the wrong person....you can go now and continue waiting". Grrrrrrr! Can you imagine getting your hopes up like that and then get crushed? Now it's been another 6 weeks or so since then, and no word. They seem to think it's because he's Yemeni but living in Jordan, and has a shipping business where he travels quite a bit to neighboring Moslem countries. Maybe they're checking every detail of his travels to make sure the shipments aren't drug related or something. Who knows?

Hey....traveling to Europe in April would be great! At our snail's pace progress, that's not an impossible goal to shoot for! LOL

Happy Wednesday,
Rene
Old Feb 4th 2004, 9:39 am
Just Joined

AhaJord is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Everyone,

I started reading this thread and got very interested as some of your experiences mirror mine and I had to put my two cents in .
My name is Amjad, I am a Jordanian Ophthalmologist. I did my training in the states where I resided for 6 and 3/4 years on a J1 visa. I met my wife there and we got married on 5/13/2001 in New York. She is a US citizen.
Due to the 2 year rule on a J1 visa I could not apply for a change of status and had to go back to Jordan for 2 years! I left on 4/29/2002 (just before our first year anniversary ). The 2 years are almost over and in September last year I applied for a regular visit visa to come over and spend thanksgiving with my in-laws ( My Mother in law cooks excellent turkey!!) and attend a medical conference. My visa application was accepted on 9/22/03 pending adminsterative processing. Well it has been 4 months now... I guess that turkey has got pretty cold!!
We faxed the FBI and we got a reply 1/30/04 that it was still "pending".
We have given up almost on that visa and sent in the I130 to VSC on 1/22/04 and got the NOA1 on 2/2/04 and just sent in the I129F yesterday 2/3/04 for a K3 visa to Chicago.
We are a little anxious about the extra security scrutiny and wondering if we should contact congressmen or others. I don't care about the visit visa any longer but we don't want this to delay my getting back to the states.

Thanks..
Old Feb 4th 2004, 9:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Welcome,

You're doing all you can at this point. It's a bit premature for Congressmen/Senators at this point. As has been said many times on this forum, those resources are best used when things get lost in the shuffle.

Given your country of origin and the fact you've had other visa interactions with the US you will most likely face the same type of scrutiny others posting here have faced or are facing.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Salaam,
Patty Khadijah

Originally posted by AhaJord
Hi Everyone,

I started reading this thread and got very interested as some of your experiences mirror mine and I had to put my two cents in .
My name is Amjad, I am a Jordanian Ophthalmologist. I did my training in the states where I resided for 6 and 3/4 years on a J1 visa. I met my wife there and we got married on 5/13/2001 in New York. She is a US citizen.
Due to the 2 year rule on a J1 visa I could not apply for a change of status and had to go back to Jordan for 2 years! I left on 4/29/2002 (just before our first year anniversary ). The 2 years are almost over and in September last year I applied for a regular visit visa to come over and spend thanksgiving with my in-laws ( My Mother in law cooks excellent turkey!!) and attend a medical conference. My visa application was accepted on 9/22/03 pending adminsterative processing. Well it has been 4 months now... I guess that turkey has got pretty cold!!
We faxed the FBI and we got a reply 1/30/04 that it was still "pending".
We have given up almost on that visa and sent in the I130 to VSC on 1/22/04 and got the NOA1 on 2/2/04 and just sent in the I129F yesterday 2/3/04 for a K3 visa to Chicago.
We are a little anxious about the extra security scrutiny and wondering if we should contact congressmen or others. I don't care about the visit visa any longer but we don't want this to delay my getting back to the states.

Thanks..
Old Feb 4th 2004, 2:52 pm
Overworked and exhausted

Hebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud of

I hope your security check is finished soon and that they won't have to repeat it again for the K3 or IV. But since you're going thru VSC, I just thought you ought to be aware that I-130 approval seems to come pretty quick from them. Just keep that in mind so that you don't get shocked or confused if the approval comes earlier than expected.
Originally posted by AhaJord

Thanks..
Old Feb 4th 2004, 11:55 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Patty and Heba,

We'll hang in there and wait a little more, but if it goes over 6 months I am certainly going to make some calls. I am kinda hoping that the GC will be quick as I can't get a license to practice medicine in NY with a K3 visa. It has to be a green card.

Amjad
Old Feb 5th 2004, 12:07 am
Just Joined

Thanks Patty and Heba,

We'll hang in there and wait a little more, but if it goes over 6 months I am certainly going to make some calls. I am kinda hoping that the GC will be quick as I can't get a license to practice medicine in NY with a K3 visa. It has to be a green card.

Amjad
Old Feb 5th 2004, 7:08 am
Just Joined

imen is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I just wanted to let you know that I sent a letter to my congressman on monday, and today a lady left me a message asking me to first sign my letter and fax it to her. Then I gave her a call, she was so nice. She said that she'll write them a letter and call the consulate this afternoon to find out what is going on!!!! She just faxed me the letter she faxed and email to the consul urging him to expedite the processing and to give her an answer! I'm really impressed and hope that they'll get things moving after that.

imen
Old Feb 5th 2004, 8:28 am
GreenCard Holder

NKA418 has a brilliant futureNKA418 has a brilliant futureNKA418 has a brilliant futureNKA418 has a brilliant futureNKA418 has a brilliant futureNKA418 has a brilliant futureNKA418 has a brilliant futureNKA418 has a brilliant future

Greetings everyone

Salaam and Eid Mubarak Khadjiah, Imen, Amjad, and Heba

I was just popping in to see how everyone's progress was going. My dh arrived here in December '03 on a K-3 visa from Egypt. I am a little fuzzy on the timeline, but I asked my husband to try and recall the dates for me. My husbands AP got lost in the shuffle of Islamic and American holidays as well so it might not be the best guage in terms of time.

Now that he's here we're waiting for his EAD going on 2 months. I'm just glad that part of the wait is over for us. I know it's rough but have sabr. Please keep us all posted on your progress.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.