Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

How long is the Administrative Processing?

How long is the Administrative Processing?

Old Feb 2nd 2004, 5:55 am
Just Joined

imen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How long is the Administrative Processing?

Hi,

My husband went for his K3 interview about a month ago and he was told that more administrative processing was needed. Just wondering how long did it take for others in the same case?

Thanks
Old Feb 2nd 2004, 6:04 am
K1 via London

Steffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How long is the Administrative Processing?

Originally posted by imen
Hi,

My husband went for his K3 interview about a month ago and he was told that more administrative processing was needed. Just wondering how long did it take for others in the same case?

Thanks
Which embassy is this at?
Old Feb 2nd 2004, 6:26 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Thanks
Ours took a month. Look at my timeline. You can see the time lapse between his interview and the date he actually got the visa.
Old Feb 2nd 2004, 7:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Khadija is an unknown quantity at this point

Greetings!

My husband, too, is undergoing administrative processing. Presumably that's Consular code for more security checks.

You didn't say where your husband is from? Mine's from Egypt, hence, the administrative processing. We don't have a clear cut "start" date for ours as we sent our evidence of our marriage after the interview and then we ran into all the holidays (American and Islamic) so the Consulate was closed a lot.

About 2 weeks ago they sent our personal evidence back so, again presuming, this is when they sent his file off for whatever it is they do to it while administratively processing it. If Leslie's case is the norm, we have at least a couple of more weeks of waiting ahead of us. I'll be interested to see what the average wait time is if others are kind enough to post their experiences here.

Hang in there!

Patty Khadijah

Hi,

Thanks
Old Feb 2nd 2004, 7:54 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Patty,

I'm just going from memory here. But it seems like Linda's was 2 weeks and Kristine's was 4 weeks (give or take). They were both through Casablanca.

Leslie

Originally posted by Khadija
Greetings!

My husband, too, is undergoing administrative processing. Presumably that's Consular code for more security checks.

You didn't say where your husband is from? Mine's from Egypt, hence, the administrative processing. We don't have a clear cut "start" date for ours as we sent our evidence of our marriage after the interview and then we ran into all the holidays (American and Islamic) so the Consulate was closed a lot.

About 2 weeks ago they sent our personal evidence back so, again presuming, this is when they sent his file off for whatever it is they do to it while administratively processing it. If Leslie's case is the norm, we have at least a couple of more weeks of waiting ahead of us. I'll be interested to see what the average wait time is if others are kind enough to post their experiences here.

Hang in there!

Patty Khadijah
Old Feb 2nd 2004, 8:23 am
BE Enthusiast

That's the maddening thing about this part of the process. It can be 2 weeks or 2 months - or longer! At least with the other steps one had a general idea of how long one would be waiting so one could "chill". This is constant "pins and needles". Plus, working from my memory, it seems we have little data on admin processing outside of what you, Linda and Kristine have experienced. It'll be good to see if we hear from others from other countries.

Cheers,
Patty

Originally posted by Leslie66
Hi Patty,

I'm just going from memory here. But it seems like Linda's was 2 weeks and Kristine's was 4 weeks (give or take). They were both through Casablanca.

Leslie
Old Feb 3rd 2004, 12:50 am
Just Joined

Thanks for the replies my husband is from Algeria but he lives in Montreal where he got his interview on Jan.8th. The lady said it would take a bout a month then another one corrected her that it usually takes about 2 weeks! my hubby called them up last week, no news. I emailed them as well, the reply was "you will be contacted when done" and last week I even called the FBI to check if they sent a request on a background check or whatever they call it now, and surprise nothing was received on him! so my guess is that it is still just sitting at the consulate! Yesterday, I sent a note to my congressman hoping this will move things up!
Anyhow, we are patient and waiting!

Cheers,

Imen
Old Feb 3rd 2004, 3:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi Imen,

Boy, they must all use the same email template (lol) "we can't give a timeline...we'll contact you when our procedures are complete..."

I think the FBI is involved only when a full sent fingerprints is taken but I could be wrong. From what I can gleen, it seems to be a mysterious process conducted by the Consulate itself on husbands like ours who are from "certain countries", belonging to "certain religions" and of a "certain age". *sigh*.

At least you're working through a Consulate in North America. Right now we'll be behind a week as this week is Eid al Adha so the Consulate in Cairo is closed. Even if they are open a day or two this week, for all intents and purposes, they won't be back to business as usual until next week - if their Eid al Fitr/Christmas/New Year performance is any hint. *again sigh*

I guess all we can do is be patient...

Hang in there.
Patty Khadijah

Thanks for the replies my husband is from Algeria but he lives in Montreal where he got his interview on Jan.8th. The lady said it would take a bout a month then another one corrected her that it usually takes about 2 weeks! my hubby called them up last week, no news. I emailed them as well, the reply was "you will be contacted when done" and last week I even called the FBI to check if they sent a request on a background check or whatever they call it now, and surprise nothing was received on him! so my guess is that it is still just sitting at the consulate! Yesterday, I sent a note to my congressman hoping this will move things up!
Anyhow, we are patient and waiting!

Cheers,

Imen
Old Feb 3rd 2004, 3:25 am
Just Joined

Patty Khadijah,

Actually my husband got fingerprinted at the cinsulate!

Eid moubarek to all

Imen

I think the FBI is involved only when a full sent fingerprints is taken but I could be wrong.
Old Feb 3rd 2004, 3:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Full set or just the index fingers? My husband had prints of his index fingers taken electronically (like the do at the airports now with this VISIT program) at the Consulate when he went for his interview in December but not a full set with ink like at police stations.

Cola sanna winta tayeba to you, too!!!

Patty Khadijah

Patty Khadijah,

Eid moubarek to all

Imen
Old Feb 3rd 2004, 3:47 am
WTF?

Patty Khadijah,

Eid moubarek to all

Imen
Hi Patty & imen,

The ones we've got coming up that should be interesting are........Rene (Noorah101), Heba, and tmushen.

I'm specifically interested in tmushen's because it is the Turkey consulate, but the foreign spouse is a woman in this case.

Heba's should also be a 'trip' because she has abandoned the K3 and will go directly for the approved I-130.

As we speak, Alicia and Driss are in the middle of their Administrative Processing. The clock started ticking for them on 01/20/04.

I can't think of anybody else off-hand. But conventional wisdom would lean towards trusting the 2-4 week estimates.

Leslie
Old Feb 3rd 2004, 3:58 am
Just Joined

Patty Khadijah,

oh I didn't know that there were a difference, I just asked my hubby and he said that it was only the indexes electronically. So if it is only index fingers, they don't send it to the FBI??

PS: kol aame ounti bekhir inchallah

And Leslie thanks for the info, I just hope they all will write their experiences and timelines.

Full set or just the index fingers? My husband had prints of his index fingers taken electronically (like the do at the airports now with this VISIT program) at the Consulate when he went for his interview in December but not a full set with ink like at police stations.

Cola sanna winta tayeba to you, too!!!

Patty Khadijah
Old Feb 3rd 2004, 4:02 am
WTF?

And Leslie thanks for the info, I just hope they all will write their experiences and timelines.

They will. Believe me, they will.
Old Feb 3rd 2004, 8:05 am
BE Enthusiast

I hope so! I'm thinking some folks might be not posting as the old way of saying this was "administrative review" and now the Consulates seem to be using "administrative processing". I believe it amounts to the same thing. Perhaps we should do a "Roll Call" (lol)!

On a lighter note, I'm an auntie again! My husband informed me this afternoon his sister-in-law just had a baby girl, Hannah, this morning and baby and Mama are doing fine, Alhumdilallah!!

Patty Khadijah

Originally posted by Leslie66
They will. Believe me, they will.
Old Feb 3rd 2004, 8:39 am
WTF?

Perhaps we should do a "Roll Call" (lol)!
Actually, I was going to suggest you do that in your spare time.

On a lighter note, I'm an auntie again! My husband informed me this afternoon his sister-in-law just had a baby girl, Hannah, this morning and baby and Mama are doing fine, Alhumdilallah!!

Patty Khadijah
Congratulations, Patty.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.