Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

How I assembled my AOS packet (incl. photos), my timeline

How I assembled my AOS packet (incl. photos), my timeline

Old Jul 17th 2011, 12:54 am
Forum Regular

ken27 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How I assembled my AOS packet (incl. photos), my timeline

Got a notice in the mail today dated July 13th saying that my I-485 interview has been cancelled as requested, and they will send me further notification when the interview is rescheduled.

Glad that's sorted out so I don't have to worry any more about whether they actually acted on my letters and phone call or not.
Old Jul 18th 2011, 4:11 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Now to hope that the immigration officer who was scheduled to interview you is aware of that notice and no longer has the case file. If the officer is still expecting to see you on the originally scheduled date, and you do not show up, they may deny the application and you'll have some scrambling to do.

It's happened.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by ken27
Got a notice in the mail today dated July 13th saying that my I-485 interview has been cancelled as requested, and they will send me further notification when the interview is rescheduled.

Glad that's sorted out so I don't have to worry any more about whether they actually acted on my letters and phone call or not.
Old Jul 18th 2011, 11:11 pm
Account Closed

bivlover is an unknown quantity at this point

Walk-in biometrics successful today at the Santa Ana ASC (didn't have time yesterday like I originally planned). Arrived at 11.45am, only one person ahead of me. Took ~30 mins.
Hi Ken,

Can I ask if you had any trouble doing this walk-in appointment? Did you have to justify why you weren't keeping your actual appointment? I just got my biometrics letter today, the appointment is in three weeks so I'm thinking of doing what you did - only it says on the USCIS website that these biometrics services are strictly appointment only. For my local office as well as the Santa Ana one.
Old Jul 19th 2011, 11:55 pm
Account Closed

bivlover is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bivlover
Hi Ken,

Can I ask if you had any trouble doing this walk-in appointment?
I did the walk in today, no issues at all.
Old Jul 20th 2011, 1:20 am
Forum Regular

Hi bivlover,

Sorry I didn't get back to you in time - was busy all day yesterday. Good to hear you didn't have any problems.

Last edited by ken27; Jul 20th 2011 at 1:26 am.
Old Jul 20th 2011, 1:25 am
Forum Regular

My EAD/AP card arrived yesterday by priority mail. Of course, they didn't send me any tracking number so the trackability was moot. It did definitely arrive faster than the I-797C notices sent by first class mail though.
Old Jul 28th 2011, 8:08 am
Forum Regular

I'm busy getting ready to move next week, but I just wanted to note that I got an email from the Santa Ana field office in response to my call to the National Customer Service Center. They confirmed my interview had been cancelled and told me that my case will be transferred to my new local office once I file my change of address.
Old Jul 28th 2011, 2:48 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

My EAD/AP card arrived yesterday by priority mail. Of course, they didn't send me any tracking number so the trackability was moot. It did definitely arrive faster than the I-797C notices sent by first class mail though.
?? Priority mail is handled as First Class mail. The main advantage is that for somewhat heavier packets, it is somewhat cheaper. I'm surprised that CIS says it arrives quicker -- after all normal First Class mail arrives in one or two days in practice.