Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

How to get/write letter of intent?

How to get/write letter of intent?

Old Sep 22nd 2016, 4:47 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How to get/write letter of intent?

Questions will always need to be asked and answered. When Ian and I started all of the fiancée visa stuff back in 1997/98, we had to use common sense and our reading skills to get through the process. The forum started with us and some other wonderful people who have long fallen by the wayside or have been chased out by legal eagles.

All I'm trying to make you and others see is that the process is not difficult. It is not tricky. It is not convoluted. It is simple and straightforward. The instructions are well written and comprehensive, and yes, it is frustrating to read people worried about writing a very simple one or two sentence paragraph stating that they intend to marry.

Please don't stop running questions and things pass forum members but start to learn to trust yourself and your ability to read and comprehend.

The parts that might make one receive a delay is in documentation, i.e. not knowing that the foreign spouse needs the long form birth certificate and not the little card they are use to. But other than that, the K-1 is the simplest of all processes to get through successfully.
Old Sep 22nd 2016, 7:35 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lilo
... it's important to me that I get it right because I don't want my application to be delayed.
We all understand that... but you didn't suddenly go brain dead when you started the US immigration process. You seem fairly bright, so use that to your advantage and trust yourself while applying common sense! You'll be fine!

Ian
Old Sep 26th 2016, 1:10 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Just signed on for the first time in how many years? Reading the first thread I see that some things, and some people, never change.

Nothing more for me to say here, carry on!

JEff
Old Sep 26th 2016, 12:36 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
Just signed on for the first time in how many years?
Good to see you JEff.

Ian