Wikiposts

How to get AP done

Old Feb 13th 2004, 2:41 pm
Just Joined

utyan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How to get AP done

Hi. I filed my I-485 with EAD and AP application at Reno local office a month ago. I did not mail it with certified and now I am trying to track down the money order to see the status. It has been a month and I have not heard anything nor receipt. Does anyone know how long it usually take at local office? I really need my AP to go back to my own country to show my new born baby whom my family has never seen and dying to see. I came in F-1 visa, got married to USC, and my I-20 has expired in May. I still have a valid F-1 visa but with my expired I-20, am I out of status more than 180 days, which AP warns that I might not be able to come back in? Is this why I have not heard anything? Thank you so much for your help.
Old Feb 13th 2004, 6:08 pm
Howling at the Moon

lairdside will become famous soon enoughlairdside will become famous soon enough
Default Re: How to get AP done

Originally posted by utyan
Hi. I filed my I-485 with EAD and AP application at Reno local office a month ago. I did not mail it with certified and now I am trying to track down the money order to see the status. It has been a month and I have not heard anything nor receipt. Does anyone know how long it usually take at local office? I really need my AP to go back to my own country to show my new born baby whom my family has never seen and dying to see. I came in F-1 visa, got married to USC, and my I-20 has expired in May. I still have a valid F-1 visa but with my expired I-20, am I out of status more than 180 days, which AP warns that I might not be able to come back in? Is this why I have not heard anything? Thank you so much for your help.
At last! Someone else who deals with the Reno office (I thought I'd never find one..lol)

Ok, I haven't filed anything with Reno since their recently implemented "mail everything in" policy. Last time I applied for AP was in 2002 and they stated a 10 day wait - when I went to pick it up it was dated for 5 days after submission (it had been sitting there for 5 days in otherwords).

Get an attorney's advice before you do anything like leave the country but if your stamp on your I-94 is D/S then you may not have accrued 180 days unlawful presence for the purposes of the 3/10 yr bar even though you have been out of status for 180 days+.

I'd go down there and ask the IIO's if they can find out what is happening personally. Say Hi to wonderful Wanda for me
Old Feb 13th 2004, 6:19 pm
Howling at the Moon

lairdside will become famous soon enoughlairdside will become famous soon enough
Default Re: How to get AP done

Originally posted by utyan
The processing time says Dec 15 2003 for an I-131, same for an EAD.

The link for the times is:

https://egov.immigration.gov/graphic...sp?textFlag=N#

I-145's are at February 13, 2003.

You are supposed to wait until your application date is 30 days past the "current" date before making an enquiry.