Reload this Page >

how to file for the k-3 visa

Wikiposts

how to file for the k-3 visa

Old Feb 11th 2004, 11:18 am
Forum Regular

me&molly is an unknown quantity at this point
Default how to file for the k-3 visa

is it true that in order to apply for the k-3 visa you have to first fil out the I-130 form. once that is approved you send an I-129f petition.

Is this true????

And, if so.....then when do we send all the required documents (i.e passport copies, birth certificate copies, G325a, marriage certificate copy, etc). do we send this with the I-130 application or with the I-129f????

any help is greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance.
Old Feb 11th 2004, 11:49 am
won't be long now!

SidAngelika is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: how to file for the k-3 visa

Originally posted by me&molly
is it true that in order to apply for the k-3 visa you have to first fil out the I-130 form. once that is approved you send an I-129f petition.

Is this true????

And, if so.....then when do we send all the required documents (i.e passport copies, birth certificate copies, G325a, marriage certificate copy, etc). do we send this with the I-130 application or with the I-129f????

thanks in advance.
Congrats on your marriage!
You first file the I-130, then the I-129F to bring her in the country!
Besides the copies of birthcertificate and wedding liscense. You need to send in the originals along with the copies, or you will get an RFE! Originals with copies on the K3 visa petition..
Good luck in your pursuit!
Old Feb 11th 2004, 11:54 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Is this true????

thanks in advance.
Hi:

In the scenario you give, you will be too late to file the I-129F for the K-3. So, in that respect, it is NOT true.
Old Feb 11th 2004, 12:00 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

In the scenario you give, you will be too late to file the I-129F for the K-3. So, in that respect, it is NOT true.

i'm sorry but i'm still confused. we got married a few months ago.

do i file the I-130, then wait for it to be approved, then file I-129f????
or do i just file the I-130?
when do i send all the proof of marriage, citizenship, etc. with the I-130 or the I-129f?

thanks again.
Old Feb 11th 2004, 12:08 pm
Account Closed

YOU ASK: do i file the I-130, then wait for it to be approved, then file I-129f????

ANSWER: no

YOU ASK: or do i just file the I-130?

ANSWER: If you want to, that is your choice.

YOU ASK: when do i send all the proof of marriage, citizenship, etc. with the I-130 or the I-129f?

ANSWER: Definitely with the I-130. If you file the I-129F in addition to the I-130, you have to duplicate the supporting information along with the I-797 receipt notice on the I-130.

"The answer is easy if you take it logically." Paul Simon.
Old Feb 11th 2004, 12:10 pm
Account Closed

Originally posted by SidAngelika
Congrats on your marriage!
You first file the I-130, then the I-129F to bring her in the country!
Besides the copies of birthcertificate and wedding liscense. You need to send in the originals along with the copies, or you will get an RFE! Originals with copies on the K3 visa petition..
Good luck in your pursuit!
Hi:

Beg to disagree on one point -- do NOT send in the originals. Clear copies are just fine. You should not get an RFE on that one unless there is reason for CIS to suspect something.
Old Feb 11th 2004, 12:53 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

m&m,

It is not true. You do not wait for the I-130 petition to be approved to submit the I-129f. If you were to do that, there would be no reason to submit an I-129f or apply for a K3 visa. You submit the I-129f petition when you receive the Notice of Receipt for the I-130 petition.

You send with each petition the supporting documents required by the petition.

Read the instructions.

Regards, JEff

Is this true????

thanks in advance.
Old Feb 11th 2004, 1:48 pm
won't be long now!

SidAngelika is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

Beg to disagree on one point -- do NOT send in the originals. Clear copies are just fine. You should not get an RFE on that one unless there is reason for CIS to suspect something.

Then the MSC would consider each case differently then, because my RFE was for the originals.. Sorry to disagree with you, but this is our case! Nothing to suspect in my case other than just having the originals.. My lawyer said that this was a first for her too!
Old Feb 11th 2004, 4:30 pm
Mrtravelkay

me&molly wrote:

> Originally posted by Folinskyinla
    >
    >>Hi:
    >>In the
    >
    > scenario you give, you will be too late to file the I-129F for the K-3.
    > So, in that respect, it is NOT true.
    >
    >
    >
    > i'm sorry but i'm
    > still confused. we got married a few months ago.
    >
    > do i file the I-130,
    > then wait for it to be approved, then file I-129f????

You file the I-130, then wait for approval and interview for an
Immigrant visa (IR-1 or CR-1) at the consulate. Then when you get to the
US, you are a permanent resident after arrival.

If you think a K-3 will be faster, then you file I-129F after receiving
the first NOA for the I-130.

Old Feb 11th 2004, 5:04 pm
Account Closed

Originally posted by SidAngelika
Then the MSC would consider each case differently then, because my RFE was for the originals.. Sorry to disagree with you, but this is our case! Nothing to suspect in my case other than just having the originals.. My lawyer said that this was a first for her too!
Hi:

We are not being inconsistent. The general rule is that originals of supporting documents are NOT to be considered but CIS reserves the right to request them. So, if CIS is bothered by something, they will ask for the orginals -- but the lack of originals is NOT, in itself, a reason for an RFE.

For some reason, in YOUR case, they wanted to see them. Why? I have no idea.
Old Feb 12th 2004, 9:18 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Mrtravelkay
me&molly wrote:

> Originally posted by Folinskyinla
    >
    >>Hi:
    >>In the
    >
    > scenario you give, you will be too late to file the I-129F for the K-3.
    > So, in that respect, it is NOT true.
    >
    >
    >
    > i'm sorry but i'm
    > still confused. we got married a few months ago.
    >
    > do i file the I-130,
    > then wait for it to be approved, then file I-129f????

You file the I-130, then wait for approval and interview for an
Immigrant visa (IR-1 or CR-1) at the consulate. Then when you get to the
US, you are a permanent resident after arrival.

If you think a K-3 will be faster, then you file I-129F after receiving
the first NOA for the I-130.

i thought i had asked a simple question:

for a k-3 visa, do i file an I-129f once the I-130 is appproved or do i just file an I-130?

i'm still confused because some of you are telling me i have to file both and others are telling me i only need to file the I-130. which one is it????

thanx
Old Feb 12th 2004, 9:29 am
BE Forum Addict

dutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond repute

for a k-3 visa, do i file an I-129f once the I-130 is appproved or do i just file an I-130?

i'm still confused because some of you are telling me i have to file both and others are telling me i only need to file the I-130. which one is it????

thanx
You can file a I-129F (K-3) as soon as you received the 1st NOA from wherever you filed the I-130 ... you don't have to wait till the I-130 is approved.
Old Feb 12th 2004, 9:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Me - Illinois, USA / Husband - Palma de Mallorca, Spain
Michi is an unknown quantity at this point

thanx
Hi me&molly,

Let's see if I can try to help you out. If what you want is the k3 visa, then you first have to file the I-130, wait for the NOA (Notice of Action) Receipt to come in the mail. Once you have that NOA for your I-130, you can then file the I-129f, where you have to submit proof that you already filed the I-130 (a copy of the NOA) Understand?

You can just file the I-130 and wait for that to be approved, but that would take longer than going the k3 route, and in order to obtain the k3, you have to file the I-129f (which is a lot faster than the I-130) Unless, of course, your service center is Vermont!! Hope that answers your questions.

Lily,
Old Feb 12th 2004, 9:31 am
Account Closed

thanx
Hi:

Either one is allowed under the law.
Old Feb 12th 2004, 9:49 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

thanx
You're still not asking the 'right' question, but I'll guess at what you're trying to learn.
-USC files I-130
-USC gets NOA1 for I-130
-USC uses this to file I-129f
-USC gets NOA1 for I-129f
-USC gets approval for I-129f (NOA 2)
-alien spouse uses this approval to apply for K3 visa from Consulate in the country in which the marriage took place/or/country of residence

The I-120f + K3 are available because it takes up to 3 years for the I-130 to get *approved*. That's what the others were telling you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.