Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

how far in advance for medical?

how far in advance for medical?

Old Dec 7th 2008, 9:26 am
Forum Regular

Debbie12345 is on a distinguished road
Default how far in advance for medical?

How far in advance can you do the medical before the interview and do you need to wait for them to tell you to do this, or can you just go ahead after getting the approval on the I-130?

i've tried pouring over the website and these boards to see if i could find anything but looks like most people do it when they get notification to do so or even after the interview.

My husband will likely be coming over here on the VWP while we wait out the process for his CR1 through the USE London so we'd like to get this done before he leaves London. Then he will hopefully just have to fly back when he gets his interview date (unless his 90 days VWP are up).
Old Dec 7th 2008, 9:37 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: how far in advance for medical?

Originally Posted by Debbie12345
How far in advance can you do the medical before the interview and do you need to wait for them to tell you to do this, or can you just go ahead after getting the approval on the I-130?

i've tried pouring over the website and these boards to see if i could find anything but looks like most people do it when they get notification to do so or even after the interview.

My husband will likely be coming over here on the VWP while we wait out the process for his CR1 through the USE London so we'd like to get this done before he leaves London. Then he will hopefully just have to fly back when he gets his interview date (unless his 90 days VWP are up).
Yes, you need the Embassy case number for scheduling. Usually. Maybe.

The Medical Examination
Old Dec 7th 2008, 8:29 pm
Forum Regular

bybarra has much to be proud ofbybarra has much to be proud ofbybarra has much to be proud ofbybarra has much to be proud ofbybarra has much to be proud ofbybarra has much to be proud ofbybarra has much to be proud ofbybarra has much to be proud ofbybarra has much to be proud ofbybarra has much to be proud ofbybarra has much to be proud of

We did DCF in London for an IR-1 visa for my husband. We've already got our interview appointment and have just scheduled his medical exam. The Knightsbridge doctor's wanted our case number (this came with the approval letter for the I-130). They also asked us when his visa interview is scheduled for. You don't need to have the visa interview appointment though, as many people schedule as soon as the I-130 has been approved.

Hope this helps.
Old Dec 8th 2008, 3:47 am
Forum Regular

hi - yes, that's exactly what we needed. thanks!
Old Dec 8th 2008, 3:56 am
Forum Regular

bybarra has much to be proud ofbybarra has much to be proud ofbybarra has much to be proud ofbybarra has much to be proud ofbybarra has much to be proud ofbybarra has much to be proud ofbybarra has much to be proud ofbybarra has much to be proud ofbybarra has much to be proud ofbybarra has much to be proud ofbybarra has much to be proud of

hi - yes, that's exactly what we needed. thanks!
By the way, I guess you don't have your I-130 approved yet, but in that letter it explains how to go about booking the medical and gives the necessary information and a health questionnaire to fill out.
Old Dec 8th 2008, 3:59 am
Forum Regular

thanks. No, unfortunately we haven't. Filed mid-Sept but got kicked back mid Nov for further evidence of marriage (sworn affidavits) which weren't on the checklist but i see that's a common trap when filing through the Embassy.

Really hoping to hear on that any day now!
Old Dec 8th 2008, 4:00 am
Forum Regular

thanks. No, unfortunately we haven't. Filed mid-Sept but got kicked back mid Nov for further evidence of marriage (sworn affidavits) which weren't on the checklist but i see that's a common trap when filing through the Embassy.

Really hoping to hear on that any day now!
Good luck!