Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

How early to arrive at US Embassy London for interview?

Wikiposts

How early to arrive at US Embassy London for interview?

Old Sep 14th 2015, 4:20 am
Forum Regular

Kat88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How early to arrive at US Embassy London for interview?

How long before my scheduled appointment time should I aim to arrive?

Thanks in advance
Old Sep 14th 2015, 7:12 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How early to arrive at US Embassy London for interview?

Originally Posted by Kat88
How long before my scheduled appointment time should I aim to arrive?
Early enough so you're not late. Anything beyond that depends on how far down the line you want to be. Some people arrive at 6:30am for an 8:00am appointment; some arrive at 7:45am for the same 8:00am appointment. The officer isn't going to suddenly shut the door and exclude you because you're at the end of the line.

Ian
Old Sep 14th 2015, 7:25 am
Forum Regular

Ok thanks!
Old Sep 14th 2015, 9:35 am
"Ignore Imbecile replies"

florida12 is an unknown quantity at this point

This Morning, I arrived 45 mins before my 8am apt, and even then I came across about 40 other people in front of me. But it quickly moved along. Just make sure you have your documents In your hand. In the line and once inside. Good luck!
Old Sep 15th 2015, 9:27 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks! My interview was yesterday and I got approved!
Old Sep 16th 2015, 12:28 am
"Ignore Imbecile replies"

florida12 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks! My interview was yesterday and I got approved!
Congrats!!! Wow lucky week this week!! Now you can breathe!
Old Sep 16th 2015, 12:32 am
Forum Regular

Thanks!
Old Sep 16th 2015, 6:46 am
Forum Regular

LauraLou07 has a reputation beyond reputeLauraLou07 has a reputation beyond reputeLauraLou07 has a reputation beyond reputeLauraLou07 has a reputation beyond reputeLauraLou07 has a reputation beyond reputeLauraLou07 has a reputation beyond reputeLauraLou07 has a reputation beyond reputeLauraLou07 has a reputation beyond reputeLauraLou07 has a reputation beyond reputeLauraLou07 has a reputation beyond reputeLauraLou07 has a reputation beyond repute

what time was your appointment Kat? Mine was yesterday too!
Old Sep 16th 2015, 7:06 am
Forum Regular

My appointment was at 9:00 but I got there at about 7:30 and I didn't have to wait You?
Old Sep 16th 2015, 7:22 am
Forum Regular

LauraLou07 has a reputation beyond reputeLauraLou07 has a reputation beyond reputeLauraLou07 has a reputation beyond reputeLauraLou07 has a reputation beyond reputeLauraLou07 has a reputation beyond reputeLauraLou07 has a reputation beyond reputeLauraLou07 has a reputation beyond reputeLauraLou07 has a reputation beyond reputeLauraLou07 has a reputation beyond reputeLauraLou07 has a reputation beyond reputeLauraLou07 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh my gosh, me too! I was the lady in the navy blue jumpsuit and white cardigan freezing my ass off because i forgot a coat! lol
Old Sep 16th 2015, 7:46 am
BE Forum Addict

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute

My appointment was at 9:00 but I got there at about 7:30 and I didn't have to wait You?
I've got a 9am appointment coming up. Do you mean that you were seen at 7.30, earlier than 9 or bang on 9?

Congratulations all on your successful interviews
Old Sep 16th 2015, 8:59 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by zzrmark
I've got a 9am appointment coming up. Do you mean that you were seen at 7.30, earlier than 9 or bang on 9?

Congratulations all on your successful interviews
There were two different queues so I went straight to the woman at the front just to ask which queue to stand in, and she just said she would check me in right then. So I didn't even have to queue! But I'm not sure that's typical.

But anyway, that just got me straight through security and into the waiting room. Then you have to wait for your number to be called. This will happen twice because you have to go up twice - the first to give your documents and the second to have the interview. By the time I actually had the interview it was about 9.
Old Sep 16th 2015, 9:04 am
Forum Regular

My appointment was supposed to be at 9am, but ended up arriving super early (7am) as i was anxious of getting lost (i don't live in London) my first part of my interview was at 9:20, then the second part was roughly at 10:40.
Old Sep 16th 2015, 10:57 am
BE Forum Addict

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you, still not sure when I should aim to get there, as I'm coming up from Devon on a bike that morning! Probably aim for 8