Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

how do you take your wedding/ family/ etc. pictures to the interview ?..

Wikiposts

how do you take your wedding/ family/ etc. pictures to the interview ?..

Old Oct 23rd 2004, 5:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

no-spam is just really niceno-spam is just really niceno-spam is just really niceno-spam is just really niceno-spam is just really niceno-spam is just really niceno-spam is just really niceno-spam is just really nice
Default how do you take your wedding/ family/ etc. pictures to the interview ?..

Hi there,
We have our interview in a couple of days.
We called the USCIS customer service line and asked how should we present our pictures. The lady said that we should select only 20-30 pictures from our wedding and other albums of pictures we took since we've been together.

I would like to ask those who have already been through the interview :
How did you present your pictures to the imigration officer ?

Another additional question would be whether we need to have another affidativ of support to present other than the copy of the affidativ of support that we sent in when we did apply for the change of status/ permanent residency.

We really appreciate your help.
Enjoy your Sunday ! :-)
Old Oct 23rd 2004, 5:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

andrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: how do you take your wedding/ family/ etc. pictures to the interview ?..

Originally Posted by no-spam
Hi there,
We called the USCIS customer service line and asked how should we present our pictures. The lady said that we should select only 20-30 pictures from our wedding and other albums of pictures we took since we've been together.

Another additional question would be whether we need to have another affidativ of support to present other than the copy of the affidativ of support that we sent in when we did apply for the change of status/ permanent residency.

Play it safe and bring another affidavit of support, it can't hurt anything.

We had our wedding album (which is quite small) and an envelope with copies of a few of our wedding pictures, and a few snapshots (we didnt have many snapshots..)
Old Oct 23rd 2004, 6:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

no-spam is just really niceno-spam is just really niceno-spam is just really niceno-spam is just really niceno-spam is just really niceno-spam is just really niceno-spam is just really niceno-spam is just really nice
Default Re: how do you take your wedding/ family/ etc. pictures to the interview ?..

Thanks alot. :-)

Originally Posted by andrea874
Play it safe and bring another affidavit of support, it can't hurt anything.

We had our wedding album (which is quite small) and an envelope with copies of a few of our wedding pictures, and a few snapshots (we didnt have many snapshots..)
Old Oct 23rd 2004, 7:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

hcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond repute

We brought entire photo albums but selected about 10-15 photos that had both of us in it, as well as family members on one or both sides, and made black and white photocopies of those. We ended up just showing the photocopies - in fact, just the photocopy of the first picture. This picture had both of us along with my mom and sister and his (husband's) mom and dad. Our interviewer seemed to be satisfied with just that one photo and didn't ask to see the rest. She put the photocopy of that picture in her file.
Old Oct 24th 2004, 5:20 am
staying around

candy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there,

we didn't take any photo's to our interview. this was not a problem.
we also took a new affidativ of support but this was not required even though the last one was over a year old.
Old Oct 24th 2004, 7:05 am
Former Blonde

FlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of light

We took piccies with us - they weren't asked for. We also took along a new affidavit of support, though it had only been four months since the original submission, and that wasn't asked for either.

Always best to play it safe than sorry though!

Good luck.
Old Oct 24th 2004, 7:55 am
Just Joined

Frannod is an unknown quantity at this point

We took all our photos with us, 2 wedding albums, plus surprise shower album, and the officer looked at all the pictures, didn't ask for nothing else, although we had files with originals and copies of all documents.

It's safe to take copies of everything and if you have pics. in album, take the album.

Good luck on your interview.
Old Oct 24th 2004, 9:49 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there,

Hi:

Take those photo albums if you have them. Examination of those albums is one of the fun parts of the DAO's job. Do take copies of some of the represantive photos so they have something to put in the file.

If there are no changes in sponsors, bring update tax returns, if applicalbe. If you are changing sponsors [e.g. dropping a co-sponsor] or adding alien spouse as joint sponsor, be prepared to the I-864A or a new I-864 for the new joint sponsor.
Old Oct 24th 2004, 12:02 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

Take those photo albums if you have them. Examination of those albums is one of the fun parts of the DAO's job. Do take copies of some of the represantive photos so they have something to put in the file.
Rather than the big wedding album, we did up a small album of about 15 proofs from the wedding. Choose one of the two of us together, scanned it into the computer and printed it out in color. Went as planned when the DAO asked us to choose one that she could keep for the file we directed her to the color printout in the copy folder we had given her. Worked perfectly for both her and us.

Rete
Old Oct 25th 2004, 1:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks to all of you I appreciate your advice.
Wish us good luck !
Tomorrow is our big day.

Hi:

If there are no changes in sponsors, bring update tax returns, if applicalbe. If you are changing sponsors [e.g. dropping a co-sponsor] or adding alien spouse as joint sponsor, be prepared to the I-864A or a new I-864 for the new joint sponsor.
Old Oct 25th 2004, 4:30 am
David9287

Originally Posted by Rete
Rather than the big wedding album, we did up a small album of about 15 proofs from the wedding. Choose one of the two of us together, scanned it into the computer and printed it out in color. Went as planned when the DAO asked us to choose one that she could keep for the file we directed her to the color printout in the copy folder we had given her. Worked perfectly for both her and us.

Rete
Hello,
This is a great idea :-). We are doing the same for Olena's AOS Interview. We selected about 4 wedding photos, 4 reception photos, 2 photos from our honeymoon (Miami), 2 phots from a trip to Las Vegas, 2 from RockyMnt Nat Park, and 2 from the Great Sand Dunes Nat Monument, scanned and printed them all in color. Total 8 pages of photos. We are bringing the originals in our wedding album and our travel album to back-up the color copies.
davidM

Old Oct 25th 2004, 5:19 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi:

Here's a question on the I-864: By the time our interview comes around, my husband and I will have filed a couple of joint tax returns. However, I still anticipate being able to sponsor him on my own without his income. Is that ok, or must I include his income if we file joint tax returns which includes his income?

Thanks,
Rene
Old Oct 25th 2004, 5:42 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Here's a question on the I-864: By the time our interview comes around, my husband and I will have filed a couple of joint tax returns. However, I still anticipate being able to sponsor him on my own without his income. Is that ok, or must I include his income if we file joint tax returns which includes his income?

Thanks,
Rene

CIS does not expect your husband to add his income to yours on the I-864. In fact they would probably much prefer that it isn't. Not being included makes the issue of who they go after much clearer.

However, you are not taking into account your husband's feelings. If he is anything like my husband and several others who have been posting here over the years, they take real issue with the fact that someone "has" to be their financial sponsor when in fact they are quite capable and willing to be their own financial sponsors. You might want to ask your husband how he views this.

Rete
Old Oct 25th 2004, 5:51 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
CIS does not expect your husband to add his income to yours on the I-864. In fact they would probably much prefer that it isn't. Not being included makes the issue of who they go after much clearer.

However, you are not taking into account your husband's feelings. If he is anything like my husband and several others who have been posting here over the years, they take real issue with the fact that someone "has" to be their financial sponsor when in fact they are quite capable and willing to be their own financial sponsors. You might want to ask your husband how he views this.

Rete
Hi Rete,

Cool, thanks. I doubt that my husband would have a problem with me continuing to be his sponsor, but I'll check with him when the time comes.

Thanks!
Rene
Old Oct 25th 2004, 5:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Hi Rete,

Cool, thanks. I doubt that my husband would have a problem with me continuing to be his sponsor, but I'll check with him when the time comes.

Thanks!
Rene
Scott doesn't appear to have a problem with this thankfully. But if the shoe had been on the other foot, I'd have been steaming about it. My independent streak is a mile wide & I would hate the idea of anyone being my 'sponsor.' I take care of myself & don't need anyone else (except hubby of course).

I hadn't thought about making scanned copies of photos to give to the DAO - that's a very good idea.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.