Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

How do I find my K1 visa number?

Wikiposts

How do I find my K1 visa number?

Old Dec 10th 2009, 7:04 am
BE Enthusiast

YouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond repute
Default How do I find my K1 visa number?

Hi all and best wishes of the season / holidays to you all

I'm currently getting my AOS papers together. The I-485 asks for my visa number..... I'm not sure where it is....... Is it the number in red ink in the lower right hand corner of the visa?

Thanks
Old Dec 10th 2009, 7:10 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How do I find my K1 visa number?

Originally Posted by YouWantFriesWithThat
Hi all and best wishes of the season / holidays to you all

I'm currently getting my AOS papers together. The I-485 asks for my visa number..... I'm not sure where it is....... Is it the number in red ink in the lower right hand corner of the visa?

Thanks
A definite FAQ that's impossible to search.

Either number will do, it seems.

We need a wiki-able person to put this help guide in the BE wiki!
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...48&postcount=1

The AOS entry is a little dry.....

oops, here's the post I meant to link for the visa/control number Q
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ed#post7902077

Last edited by meauxna; Dec 10th 2009 at 7:12 am. Reason: oops
Old Dec 10th 2009, 8:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

PepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond repute

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=637426

*Your A# is either the red or black number on your K1 visa in your passport.
Alien number and visa number are the same thing
Old Dec 11th 2009, 2:37 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

PC,

No, they are not.

Some consulates put the A# on the visa in the Annotation section, others do not. In any case, neither the red number nor the black Control Number are the A#.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by PepsiChic
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=637426
*Your A# is either the red or black number on your K1 visa in your passport.

Alien number and visa number are the same thing
Old Dec 11th 2009, 2:45 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

The A# is clearly displayed on the I-797 Notice of Approval on the I-129F and also should be handwritten on the I-94 (front or back) by the agent at the POE.

The visa and/or control number is either the red or black on the visa itself.
Old Dec 11th 2009, 2:58 am
BE Enthusiast

YouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks all for your replies .

There is only one number on the main part of the visa itself which does not have a designation - it's the one in red ink and I'm betting that's the individual visa number

In anycase, in the form field where it is asked for, I'm putting both the control number and the number in red ink, to be safe. Plus a copy of the visa itself. Hopefully that should do it!!!
Old Dec 11th 2009, 3:24 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

As Mr.F, who used the Control Number, used to point out - you're giving them a photocopy of the visa so they can select whichever number they like.

Regards, JEff

In anycase, in the form field where it is asked for, I'm putting both the control number and the number in red ink, to be safe. Plus a copy of the visa itself. Hopefully that should do it!!!
Old Dec 11th 2009, 3:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
As Mr.F, who used the Control Number, used to point out - you're giving them a photocopy of the visa so they can select whichever number they like.

Regards, JEff
Exactly
Old Dec 11th 2009, 12:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

PepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond repute

Wirelessly posted (LG-GR500/V10f Teleca/Q7.0 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 UP.Link/6.3.1.17.06.3.1.17.0)

oops sorry i got that mixed up. Should refrain from posting before bed.

Ywfwt how are you doing with the aos stuff? I hope its not causing you as much stress as the k1 stuff
Old Dec 13th 2009, 7:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Wirelessly posted (LG-GR500/V10f Teleca/Q7.0 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 UP.Link/6.3.1.17.06.3.1.17.0)

oops sorry i got that mixed up. Should refrain from posting before bed.

Ywfwt how are you doing with the aos stuff? I hope its not causing you as much stress as the k1 stuff
Hi Pepsi,

Well, thanks for your very helpful guide, I got my AOS package sent off yesterday There was a lot to do but I didn't get quite as stressed about it as I have learnt that these forms perform many functions (i.e. not just for k1ers) and have had less "where on earth does my situation?" type moments than I did with the earlier processes!! So we'll wait and see .
Old Dec 13th 2009, 12:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thats great news that you got it sent off! I'll cross my fingers for you that you'll hear back soon!

The time line for my AOS was this:

Aug 24th 2009 – Green Card, Work permit and travel permit applications submitted
Aug 31st 2009 – NOA’s Recived (submission)
Sept 11th 2009 – Biometrics Letter Recieved
Sept 24th 2009 – I-485 application transfered to California Service Center (CSC)
Sept 29th 2009 – Biometrics Appointment
Sept 30th 2009 – Work permit (EAD) and Advance Parole (AP) approved
Oct 5th 2009 – AP arrived
Oct 8th 2009 – EAD arrived
Oct 23rd 2009 – AOS approved, Green Card ordered
Nov 2nd 2009 – Green Card Arrives

so it took 7 days to get the first NOA's, this process was a lot quicker then the K1 part!
Old Dec 14th 2009, 12:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Thats great news that you got it sent off! I'll cross my fingers for you that you'll hear back soon!

The time line for my AOS was this:

Aug 24th 2009 – Green Card, Work permit and travel permit applications submitted
Aug 31st 2009 – NOA’s Recived (submission)
Sept 11th 2009 – Biometrics Letter Recieved
Sept 24th 2009 – I-485 application transfered to California Service Center (CSC)
Sept 29th 2009 – Biometrics Appointment
Sept 30th 2009 – Work permit (EAD) and Advance Parole (AP) approved
Oct 5th 2009 – AP arrived
Oct 8th 2009 – EAD arrived
Oct 23rd 2009 – AOS approved, Green Card ordered
Nov 2nd 2009 – Green Card Arrives

so it took 7 days to get the first NOA's, this process was a lot quicker then the K1 part!

Wow that was fantastically quick I'm glad for you that it all went smoothly, especially after all the fun and games you went through with the medical, etc
Old Dec 14th 2009, 10:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Wow that was fantastically quick I'm glad for you that it all went smoothly, especially after all the fun and games you went through with the medical, etc
Thankyou, it was nice to have a "easy" part without complications. Hopefully yours will be just as quick, if everyone isnt away on christmas vacation!