Wikiposts

How difficult is it??

Old Jul 22nd 2004, 10:00 am
Just me!

antjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How difficult is it??

Originally posted by odibie1
I keep reading that people have received a postcard from DHS informing them of receipt of the I-130 and expected processing times. We are going the DCF route and sent the I-130 in by special delivery on June 3. Our credit card was charged $185 by the embassy as instructed on June 4. However since that time we have heard nothing. No postcard informing us of receipt, etc.

As the credit card was charged, I guess I should assume everything is in process, but I'm worried given the lack of information during this stage. Any thoughts or suggestions on who I should contact to enquire as to whether this is actually in process.

Thanks

that was the same thing that happened to us. We didn't get a reply till at least 2-3 months later. i wouldn't worry about it. If you check the Embassy's website, they will tell you where they are up to with the applications. I think they usually update it once a week. Hope that helps.

Jen
Old Jul 22nd 2004, 11:32 pm
Account Closed

Dimsie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How difficult is it??

We were in a similar quandry a few weeks ago (26 June), so I e-mailed the embassy - their reply:

"If your husband's credit card has been debited for the I-130 fee then this serves as proof of receipt. Currently DHS are advising that they are taking 12 weeks to process I-130's so you must be prepared to allow sufficient processing time before you will hear from them."

We still have heard nothing.

Ann