Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

How BIG were your petitions???

Wikiposts

How BIG were your petitions???

Old Apr 29th 2002, 1:10 am
Marieta

Default How BIG were your petitions???

My fiance is about to file the I-129F petition and it's A LOT of stuff. All together
with the sections, deviders, forms, birth certificates, evidence etc. a little less
than 100 pages (?!?)... Is this normal? How big were your petitions guys?????

M.

Old Apr 29th 2002, 1:24 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How BIG were your petitions???

What in heavens name are you guys including with the petition? Ours was only the I-129F, 2 G-325A's, Divorce decrees (3), birth certificate, one photo of us together, four pages of xerox copies of boarding passes, airline tickets, etc. and a cover letter. We did not include e-mails, phone bills, cards or letters.
Old Apr 29th 2002, 2:40 am
Unique

That seems quite big. Everything we needed including the forms wouldnt have come out
at more than 20 pages.

Mark

"Marieta" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > My fiance is about to file the I-129F petition and it's A LOT of stuff. All
    > together with the sections, deviders, forms, birth certificates, evidence etc. a
    > little less than 100 pages (?!?)... Is this normal? How big were your petitions
    > guys?????
    >
    > M.

Old Apr 29th 2002, 2:40 am

> "Marieta" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > My fiance is about to file the I-129F petition and it's A LOT of stuff. All
    > > together with the sections, deviders, forms, birth certificates, evidence etc. a
    > > little less than 100 pages (?!?)... Is this normal? How big were your petitions
    > > guys?????
    > >
    > > M.

Approx 15 pages. Approved with no RFE.

What is all that evidence for (I guess that is most of it) - you are required to show
you've met in person. The evidence of the relationship comes later (K1 interview).

Old Apr 29th 2002, 5:10 am
Maarten W.G. An

> together with the sections, deviders, forms, birth certificates, evidence etc. a
    > little less than 100 pages (?!?)... Is this normal? How big were your petitions
    > guys?????

Including all sorts of tax returns and more the stack was about 1 inch high. Didn't
even count the pages

Maarten

Old Apr 29th 2002, 6:01 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

You don't send the I-134 affidavit of support or tax returns for this affidavit are not required unless self-employed with the I-129F.

It is brought to the US Consulate at the time of the interview.
Old Apr 29th 2002, 8:40 am
Omo

[email protected] (Marieta) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]. com>...
    > guys?????
    >
    > M.

Well, mine was about half that size. And if I knew back then what I know now when I
originally filed the petition (July 2000), I would have cut it down even more. Much
of what I had at the time was unnecessary, but, as I think back, I have no regrets. I
like being thorough!

Omo

Old Apr 29th 2002, 10:19 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Maarten,

How long did it take you to get approved, and at which Service Center?

Regards, JEff

Originally posted by Maarten W.G. An
    <i><font size=-2 color=darkgreen>> My fiance is about to file the I-129F petition and it's A LOT of stuff. All</font></i>
    <i><font size=-2 color=darkgreen>> together with the sections, deviders, forms, birth certificates, evidence etc. a</font></i>
    <i><font size=-2 color=darkgreen>> little less than 100 pages (?!?)... Is this normal? How big were your petitions</font></i>
    <i><font size=-2 color=darkgreen>> guys?????</font></i>

Including all sorts of tax returns and more the stack was about 1 inch high. Didn't
even count the pages

Maarten
Old Apr 29th 2002, 11:40 am
Bonnie M

Ours was pretty thick but we had both been married before and Dennis' divorce
document from ID was at least 15 pages or more, but it still wasn't 100 pages! Bonnie
"unique" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > That seems quite big. Everything we needed including the forms wouldnt have come
    > out at more than 20 pages.
    >
    > Mark
    >
    >
    > "Marieta" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > My fiance is about to file the I-129F petition and it's A LOT of stuff. All
    > > together with the sections, deviders, forms, birth certificates, evidence etc. a
    > > little less than 100 pages (?!?)... Is this normal? How big were your petitions
    > > guys?????
    > >
    > > M.

Old Apr 29th 2002, 4:40 pm
Mrpher

[email protected] (QWIKHOG) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > Hey M....My petition was also pretty big. When I went to the post office to send
    > it, the lady said she had never seen so much paper work for a visa before! Better
    > too much than not enough! I, too, had divider pagers and header pages so that does
    > add alot. You'll be fine....
    >
    > Frank

We had a total of 13 pages plus an evelope with pictures and it got approved
with no RFE's

Old Apr 29th 2002, 4:40 pm
K
BE Enthusiast

K is an unknown quantity at this point

Our original petition and evidence came to almost 400 pages. This was emails, chat transcripts, phone bills, plane tickets, photos etc etc etc

My husband will never let me forget what i put him through about being thorough.

It didnt get all sent though our lawyer pared it down to almost 20 pages i think it was

At this point my husband started beating his head on the floor and hasnt stopped because they passed it and he is soooo looking forward to me getting the evidence together for the AOS

I had to lug it all with me around london on the morning of the medical and the interview, im only short and gods it was heavy and they never asked to see any of it

Important note: If you dont have a ton of evidence you can guarantee that they will ask for it . If you have a ton of evidence, you get to relish the look of fear in their eyes when you show them the ton of evidence when they ask for it

Seriously though, dont worry too much.
Old Apr 30th 2002, 3:10 am
Ranjini

Ken has a very simplistic approach to everything. So you as you can imagine our
application had the bare minimum. Like Rita, copies of boarding passes, airline
tickets, a couple of photos together, -- basically proof that we had met in person.
Besides the other documents requested of course. Ken says that he has faith in the US
system and figures we needn't go for the overkill. Which is good. Because I'm the
exact opposite. And we somehow manage to meet somewhere in the middle. Ranjini

> guys?????
    >
    > M.

Old Apr 30th 2002, 8:10 am
Qwikhog

Hey M....My petition was also pretty big. When I went to the post office to send it,
the lady said she had never seen so much paper work for a visa before! Better too
much than not enough! I, too, had divider pagers and header pages so that does add
alot. You'll be fine....

Frank

Old May 1st 2002, 1:40 pm
Onigiri

"Ranjini" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > Ken has a very simplistic approach to everything
When such sweeping statements are put out into the public at large, it is done to
make spouses cringe !! I am sure that this Ken thinks of himself as a complex person
with unique solutions to his challenges. Ranjini should get an opinion on this from
Ken and post it here.

Old May 1st 2002, 2:10 pm
Ranjini

>>I am sure that this Ken thinks of himself as
a complex person with unique solutions to his challenges.>> Put like that, there is
a possibility that you could be right!! It's a good thing he doesn't read this
forum!!! Ranjini

"Onigiri" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    >
    > "Ranjini" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > Ken has a very simplistic approach to everything
    > When such sweeping statements are put out into the public at large, it is done to
    > make spouses cringe !! I am sure that this Ken thinks of himself
as
    > a complex person with unique solutions to his challenges. Ranjini should get an
    > opinion on this from Ken and post it here.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.