Houston bound

Old Jan 22nd 2017, 3:13 pm
Forum Regular

Pugilation has a reputation beyond reputePugilation has a reputation beyond reputePugilation has a reputation beyond reputePugilation has a reputation beyond reputePugilation has a reputation beyond reputePugilation has a reputation beyond reputePugilation has a reputation beyond reputePugilation has a reputation beyond reputePugilation has a reputation beyond reputePugilation has a reputation beyond reputePugilation has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Houston bound

Safely arrived on Friday, with my life in tow! Everything went well at the airport, apart from the 2 hours in secondary waiting for them to open my file. Once they got to it it took them literally 5 minutes to stamp everything and give me my passport back.

Now to get married and on with the next stages! It's good to be here after all this time
Old Jan 22nd 2017, 3:45 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pugilation
Safely arrived on Friday, with my life in tow! Everything went well at the airport, apart from the 2 hours in secondary waiting for them to open my file. Once they got to it it took them literally 5 minutes to stamp everything and give me my passport back.

Now to get married and on with the next stages! It's good to be here after all this time
Congratulations and welcome to America! ..... It is interesting to hear that secondary took you two hours, that is among the longer waits I have seen reported in a while.
Old Jan 22nd 2017, 4:15 pm
Forum Regular

Pugilation has a reputation beyond reputePugilation has a reputation beyond reputePugilation has a reputation beyond reputePugilation has a reputation beyond reputePugilation has a reputation beyond reputePugilation has a reputation beyond reputePugilation has a reputation beyond reputePugilation has a reputation beyond reputePugilation has a reputation beyond reputePugilation has a reputation beyond reputePugilation has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Congratulations and welcome to America! ..... It is interesting to hear that secondary took you two hours, that is among the longer waits I have seen reported in a while.
When I got there there were about 40 people in the waiting room, and maybe 3-4 officers processing. Have to say that the officers really didn't appear to care that people were waiting so long, you just had to sit there until they called your name and there was no indication of who was next. They also were pretty draconian about taking people's phones off them - I was texting my fiancee that I would be a while and the officer literally took my phone out of my hands. Not a great experience really!
Old Apr 5th 2017, 8:56 pm
Forum Regular

Had my biometrics appointment today, no drama so back to waiting!
Old May 15th 2017, 5:29 pm
Forum Regular

Update - no significant update, I'm 71 days into my waiting for AOS, EAD and AP documents. No comms with the USCIS since biometrics were taken and no update on my cases on the website (AOS is "Fingerprint fee was received").

Not worried so far, but may give them a call once my 75 days are up.
Old May 15th 2017, 5:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

BenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond repute

Update - no significant update, I'm 71 days into my waiting for AOS, EAD and AP documents. No comms with the USCIS since biometrics were taken and no update on my cases on the website (AOS is "Fingerprint fee was received").

Judging by other forums, it seems like a overwhelming majority of people are having to wait over 100 days (including myself) to recieve AP + EAD.

I'd give it over 90 days before raising a service request.
Old May 15th 2017, 8:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't bother calling about the AOS. I'm on 150+ days, still within normal time and still on "Fingerprint fee was received".
Old May 16th 2017, 2:24 pm
Forum Regular

Smartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tom169
I wouldn't bother calling about the AOS. I'm on 150+ days, still within normal time and still on "Fingerprint fee was received".
Exactly this.

My EAD & AP were approved nearer the end. You still have time.

AOS average is 6 - 8 months so you still have a lot of time left on that one before calling.

Just wait it out.
Old May 16th 2017, 2:36 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks all, it's the EAD that I'm most worried about tbh, I'm interviewing with my old company at the moment as they want me to rejoin once I have my authorisation through. Not being able to give them a timeline is a risk to actually getting the position, although in fairness not the total end of the world as the market here looks pretty good.
Old May 16th 2017, 2:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks all, it's the EAD that I'm most worried about tbh, I'm interviewing with my old company at the moment as they want me to rejoin once I have my authorisation through. Not being able to give them a timeline is a risk to actually getting the position, although in fairness not the total end of the world as the market here looks pretty good.
Having a job offer (severe financial loss to you or a company) can aid an expedite request. I did this.
Old May 16th 2017, 3:01 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by tom169
Having a job offer (severe financial loss to you or a company) can aid an expedite request. I did this.
Oh, good to know, thanks! Any chance you could write up how you went through the expedite process, or if you've posted already I can search and dig it up?
Old May 16th 2017, 4:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Oh, good to know, thanks! Any chance you could write up how you went through the expedite process, or if you've posted already I can search and dig it up?
http://britishexpats.com/forum/marri...cation-892309/
Old May 19th 2017, 8:57 pm
Forum Regular

Just checked and EAD is approved! Card is being produced!
Old May 19th 2017, 9:07 pm
Forum Regular

Smartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond repute

Just checked and EAD is approved! Card is being produced!
Congratulations! It should be with you soon!
Old May 19th 2017, 9:29 pm
Forum Regular

A real weight off my shoulders, can get social security sorted, driver's license and figure out a couple of financial things that have been on hold for far too long. Also we close on a house on Monday, so it'll be nice to be able to earn some of the mortgage money myself!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.