Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Horrible experience with so-called civil surgeon

Wikiposts

Horrible experience with so-called civil surgeon

Old Nov 11th 2010, 2:00 am
I Still Remember

NAR14 is just really niceNAR14 is just really niceNAR14 is just really niceNAR14 is just really niceNAR14 is just really niceNAR14 is just really niceNAR14 is just really niceNAR14 is just really niceNAR14 is just really niceNAR14 is just really nice
Default Re: Horrible experience with so-called civil surgeon

That does sound awful, sorry you had to go through all that.

I also didn't have a successful visit to a civil surgeon, although nothing like your experience. I actually didn't even make it past the receptionist at the first place I went to. She was extremely rude and told me that I had to have all my vaccinations again and that my medical wasn't valid. I showed her the USCIS information and she said she didn't care about that and then stopped talking to me. I had to just leave because she wouldn't reply to me or even acknowledge that I was there.

I ended up going to another civil surgeon who thankfully knew what they were doing.
Old Nov 11th 2010, 2:13 am
BE Enthusiast

randomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by NAR14
That does sound awful, sorry you had to go through all that.

I also didn't have a successful visit to a civil surgeon, although nothing like your experience. I actually didn't even make it past the receptionist at the first place I went to. She was extremely rude and told me that I had to have all my vaccinations again and that my medical wasn't valid. I showed her the USCIS information and she said she didn't care about that and then stopped talking to me. I had to just leave because she wouldn't reply to me or even acknowledge that I was there.

I ended up going to another civil surgeon who thankfully knew what they were doing.
Thanks for posting. What a horrible receptionist you had to deal with, I can't understand how some people can be so rude! At least you didn't pay them anything - but what kind of attitude is that to have?! As if you'd have to have all the vaccinations again, that's ridiculous!
I'm glad you got there in the end, it's really crap when everything seems to be an uphill struggle.

How far along are you with your AOS? I'll be so glad when it's all done and dusted!

RG
Old Nov 11th 2010, 2:21 am
I Still Remember

NAR14 is just really niceNAR14 is just really niceNAR14 is just really niceNAR14 is just really niceNAR14 is just really niceNAR14 is just really niceNAR14 is just really niceNAR14 is just really niceNAR14 is just really niceNAR14 is just really nice

Originally Posted by randomgirl
Thanks for posting. What a horrible receptionist you had to deal with, I can't understand how some people can be so rude! At least you didn't pay them anything - but what kind of attitude is that to have?! As if you'd have to have all the vaccinations again, that's ridiculous!
I'm glad you got there in the end, it's really crap when everything seems to be an uphill struggle.

How far along are you with your AOS? I'll be so glad when it's all done and dusted!

RG
Yes there really is no need for that rudeness. Thankfully that receptionist is about the only hiccup I have had in this whole process. Hopefully it will be the last as well!

I recently got my date for the final interview in Dallas for 6th December, so assuming that goes to plan, I'm hoping I'll have Green Card in hand by Christmas. How about you? How much longer do you have to go?
Old Nov 11th 2010, 2:30 am
BE Enthusiast

randomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of light

Yes there really is no need for that rudeness. Thankfully that receptionist is about the only hiccup I have had in this whole process. Hopefully it will be the last as well!

I recently got my date for the final interview in Dallas for 6th December, so assuming that goes to plan, I'm hoping I'll have Green Card in hand by Christmas. How about you? How much longer do you have to go?
Good luck for 6th December! Hope it all goes swimmingly
Your green card will be a great Christmas present

We're waiting on the stuff from the civil surgeon, which we should get hopefully by tomorrow, so that we can send all the AOS stuff in. So who knows how long? When did you send your stuff to USCIS? Did you get any RFEs? I really don't know how long to expect the AOS to take, but I'm hoping it'll be no longer than 3-4 months (maybe that's unrealistic, I don't know!).

Please post about your AOS interview, I'm sure it'll be a breeze (if the embassy interview I had is anything to go by then it should be!).

Again, good luck and all the best

RG
Old Nov 11th 2010, 2:44 am
I Still Remember

Good luck for 6th December! Hope it all goes swimmingly
Your green card will be a great Christmas present

We're waiting on the stuff from the civil surgeon, which we should get hopefully by tomorrow, so that we can send all the AOS stuff in. So who knows how long? When did you send your stuff to USCIS? Did you get any RFEs? I really don't know how long to expect the AOS to take, but I'm hoping it'll be no longer than 3-4 months (maybe that's unrealistic, I don't know!).

Please post about your AOS interview, I'm sure it'll be a breeze (if the embassy interview I had is anything to go by then it should be!).

Again, good luck and all the best

RG
Haha, yes it will be a great Christmas present!! I'll definitely post about this next interview, I'm sure it'll be fine. As you say, if the embassy interview is anything to go by, it'll take about 15 minutes.

So my AOS has been like this:

Filed - 10th August
Received - 18th August
RFE - 31st August (They needed an extra Tax Form)
Biometric Appointment - 20th September
Interview - 6th December.

So from submitting to interview will be almost 4 months, however we were very slow in responding to the RFE we had. It took us about 4 weeks to reply to it due to various things that we had going on, so if we had done it right away, perhaps we could have taken a month off this time.

Neil
Old Nov 11th 2010, 2:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Haha, yes it will be a great Christmas present!! I'll definitely post about this next interview, I'm sure it'll be fine. As you say, if the embassy interview is anything to go by, it'll take about 15 minutes.

So my AOS has been like this:

Filed - 10th August
Received - 18th August
RFE - 31st August (They needed an extra Tax Form)
Biometric Appointment - 20th September
Interview - 6th December.

So from submitting to interview will be almost 4 months, however we were very slow in responding to the RFE we had. It took us about 4 weeks to reply to it due to various things that we had going on, so if we had done it right away, perhaps we could have taken a month off this time.

Neil
That's good to know, 4 months including an RFE is pretty damn good

I'm hoping my AOS will have a similar time-frame, hopefully minus the RFE of course...

RG
Old Nov 11th 2010, 2:58 am
I Still Remember

That's good to know, 4 months including an RFE is pretty damn good

I'm hoping my AOS will have a similar time-frame, hopefully minus the RFE of course...

RG
I agree, 4 months is not a bad time frame, especially considering an RFE and the time it took us to reply to it. Keep us posted on how you get on.
Old Nov 11th 2010, 5:00 am
BE Enthusiast

helwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond repute

When I went through AOS, I sent my vaccination stuff that I got from the London medical to here:

Dr. L. E. Arnold
4534 Westgate Boulevard, Suite 106
Austin, TX 78745

That doctor transferred the record onto the correct sheet and mailed it back to me in a sealed envelope for inclusion in my AOS package. I think she charged me $10.
Old Nov 11th 2010, 5:15 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, I wish I hadn't bothered now! It would've saved us a lot of money and hassle - unless of course whoever looks at my AOS stuff decided that they wanted I-693 (I thought everyone had to submit this, regardless of which visa they entered on - just that the things required, e.g. a full medical, or just vaccination sign-off, was different depending on the visa type).

Well, it's done now!

RG
Part of the reason I pinned this thread was to help folks make the decision on the I-693. http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=656838

I don't know how we can better help people with this topic. Ideas?
Old Nov 11th 2010, 6:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by meauxna
Part of the reason I pinned this thread was to help folks make the decision on the I-693. http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=656838

I don't know how we can better help people with this topic. Ideas?
No idea, really. It seems to be a bit of a 'grey' area, in my opinion. People have got through with only the vaccination sheet from London, but others haven't. It does sound as though form I-693 is required, though, at least technically. Presumably you could be sent an RFE if you don't provide them with this, although it doesn't seem to consistently be the case.

It's a shame that USCIS can't just make it absolutely clear what they want. It would make everything a lot easier!

RG
Old Nov 11th 2010, 6:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by helwardman
When I went through AOS, I sent my vaccination stuff that I got from the London medical to here:

Dr. L. E. Arnold
4534 Westgate Boulevard, Suite 106
Austin, TX 78745

That doctor transferred the record onto the correct sheet and mailed it back to me in a sealed envelope for inclusion in my AOS package. I think she charged me $10.
Interesting, I didn't know that was possible. I thought you had to see someone in person so they could verify your identity etc.
$10 is much cheaper than what we've paid, though!
Old Nov 11th 2010, 6:25 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting, I didn't know that was possible. I thought you had to see someone in person so they could verify your identity etc.
$10 is much cheaper than what we've paid, though!
Someone needs to confirm that Dr Arnold is still doing this; I thought I'd read 'no'. The fee was also at $15 last I read.
Old Nov 11th 2010, 6:44 am
Instigator of the Post

TracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to behold

Dr Arnold is no longer practicing.
Old Nov 11th 2010, 6:44 am

Originally Posted by TracyTN
Dr Arnold is no longer practicing.
Thanks for the confirmation!

I saw you're back at work.. poor thing.
Old Nov 11th 2010, 7:02 am
Instigator of the Post

TracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by meauxna
Thanks for the confirmation!

I saw you're back at work.. poor thing.
You have no idea. LOL (Although the kiddo being at home with her daddy makes it a lot easier.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.