Reload this Page >

hormonal tired and homesick

Wikiposts

hormonal tired and homesick

Old Jul 16th 2006, 2:42 pm
Just Joined

mackay is an unknown quantity at this point
Default hormonal tired and homesick

well we landed here in mackay 3/5/06 mr had job to walk in to as we were sponsored was all rudhed at the last min but had been revising and and studdying aus for 4 years and decided that more than anything we wanted to go for it ! visa approved on 6.4 flights booked on 14.4 and left on the 1/5/06!

like most people we wanted to better ourselves and have the option for a better future for us and the kids !!

well we were here for a week and i thought to myself oh shit what have we done ! well if you ask me we done what we thought was best and as it stands at the moment how wrong i /we could have been!

our second week consisted of finding out we were expecting our second child another blow to the big plan!
but thing seemed as though they would get better for us as we had somewhere to live and a ute the day we landed we knew we were going to be having money coming in staight away !

as it stand mr has had to turn work away as there is only 1 of him ! he's working his ball$ off and doing the work of two men in a shorter time than the local two men are working and thats fine but his sponsors think he's not doing enough work and that he has to work weekends !!

i'm sorry but he didn't come here for a nervous breakdown or a heartattack! we could have stayed where we were and if he worked weekends he would have been making a fortune but his our look on life is there is more to life than working every hr god sends and weekend time is family time !

anyway he's got s few large contract for work and will keep himself busy but the work that he does is on a price basis and will be paid to his employer but we have just foud out that after doing $3 1/2k's worth or work in 4days he will not be seeing any of it apart from his wages !!! DOES THIS SOUND LIKE HE'S BEING SHAFTED!
AND on top of that our funds in the bank arent the best yet he's being asked to get his own ABN and go on his own ! would this not be breaking our visa work restrictions !!!

all in all the longer i am here the more bord i get of the place i already know i will not be growing old here and i never would have left the uk if i knew then what i know now !

i didn't come here with rose tinted glasses on and i knew it would be hard not having family round me but that is not what is making me want to go home its more like i miss having the local shop local rather than having to walk 2.5km there +same back to get sumthing !
i miss the familier things like knowing how the system and things work in the uk and even though there is loads of bad points that i hated in the uk give me it any day over this place !

its not the family that i miss helping out as i brought up our son with no help from either families but the thought of my 2nd not knowing the is freaking me out! :scared:

like most have said how long do you give it? i know the longer we leave it the harder it would be to get back but at the same time will we be seen as failiours ???! NOT THAT I GIVE A SHIT NOT EVERYONE HAS A CRYSTAL BALL! and at least 1 thing can be said at least we tryed it !

with all my ranting and if you have managed to read it all thanks for reading and any comments would be much appreciated !
Old Jul 16th 2006, 3:14 pm
Forum Regular

Desire is a splendid one to beholdDesire is a splendid one to beholdDesire is a splendid one to beholdDesire is a splendid one to beholdDesire is a splendid one to beholdDesire is a splendid one to beholdDesire is a splendid one to beholdDesire is a splendid one to beholdDesire is a splendid one to beholdDesire is a splendid one to beholdDesire is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: hormonal tired and homesick

Well! what do i say, where do i start........ but if it's any consolation your not alone in your thoughts in this forum.
Just had another big fall out with hubby this morning before he set off to work.
For me i can't get over the financial struggle that we have here.
I didn't expect to be rolling in money and i have never been afraid of hard work to help support our family. But this is crazy, counting every penny, not being able to have my haircut etc.
We have been here for 14 months now, still can't see light at the end of the tunnel. To top it all off i had an email from my mum this morning, who gave me her blessing when we came (bless her) never gave us a hard time etc saying she feels she is wishing her life away untill she sees us again (wont be untill xmas 2007)
I thought i came here for a better life. What is a better life?
Sorry for waffling on, do you what, i am 41 and never felt that i needed a cuddle from my mum more then i do today
Old Jul 16th 2006, 8:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

eurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by mackay
well we landed here in mackay 3/5/06 mr had job to walk in to as we were sponsored was all rudhed at the last min but had been revising and and studdying aus for 4 years and decided that more than anything we wanted to go for it ! visa approved on 6.4 flights booked on 14.4 and left on the 1/5/06!

like most people we wanted to better ourselves and have the option for a better future for us and the kids !!

well we were here for a week and i thought to myself oh shit what have we done ! well if you ask me we done what we thought was best and as it stands at the moment how wrong i /we could have been!

our second week consisted of finding out we were expecting our second child another blow to the big plan!
but thing seemed as though they would get better for us as we had somewhere to live and a ute the day we landed we knew we were going to be having money coming in staight away !

as it stand mr has had to turn work away as there is only 1 of him ! he's working his ball$ off and doing the work of two men in a shorter time than the local two men are working and thats fine but his sponsors think he's not doing enough work and that he has to work weekends !!

i'm sorry but he didn't come here for a nervous breakdown or a heartattack! we could have stayed where we were and if he worked weekends he would have been making a fortune but his our look on life is there is more to life than working every hr god sends and weekend time is family time !

anyway he's got s few large contract for work and will keep himself busy but the work that he does is on a price basis and will be paid to his employer but we have just foud out that after doing $3 1/2k's worth or work in 4days he will not be seeing any of it apart from his wages !!! DOES THIS SOUND LIKE HE'S BEING SHAFTED!
AND on top of that our funds in the bank arent the best yet he's being asked to get his own ABN and go on his own ! would this not be breaking our visa work restrictions !!!

all in all the longer i am here the more bord i get of the place i already know i will not be growing old here and i never would have left the uk if i knew then what i know now !

i didn't come here with rose tinted glasses on and i knew it would be hard not having family round me but that is not what is making me want to go home its more like i miss having the local shop local rather than having to walk 2.5km there +same back to get sumthing !
i miss the familier things like knowing how the system and things work in the uk and even though there is loads of bad points that i hated in the uk give me it any day over this place !

its not the family that i miss helping out as i brought up our son with no help from either families but the thought of my 2nd not knowing the is freaking me out! :scared:

like most have said how long do you give it? i know the longer we leave it the harder it would be to get back but at the same time will we be seen as failiours ???! NOT THAT I GIVE A SHIT NOT EVERYONE HAS A CRYSTAL BALL! and at least 1 thing can be said at least we tryed it !

with all my ranting and if you have managed to read it all thanks for reading and any comments would be much appreciated !
Dont mean it nasty...but welcome to immigration life....you should post this in the aus forum..they all thinking the go to paradise maybe it opens some eyes...
Old Jul 16th 2006, 9:13 pm
Account Closed

Deer Hunter is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by eurotramp
Dont mean it nasty...but welcome to immigration life....you should post this in the aus forum..they all thinking the go to paradise maybe it opens some eyes...
Hardly! She'd probably get told off more likely!

(hope you feel better soon, you can always go back if you feel that bad)
Old Jul 17th 2006, 6:39 am
BE Forum Addict

ladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond repute

A fair few of the Oz posters dont want to hear this kind of thing, its a shame because I believe to go in with your eyes wide open is the best situation to be in. To the OP I say good luck to you and dont listen to what anyone says in the UK and OZ they dont have to live your life. I too dont see the point in your husband working himself into an early grave just so he can make a meagre living. You emigrated for the opportunity for a better life not this situation you find yourself in. God forbid if anything happened to your husband you would be left out there all alone...I say go home and hold your head high.
Old Jul 17th 2006, 8:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Craftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear things aren't working out for you in Aus.

I really would post this on the Aus. forum as well. I would say this if you were going through the same experiences in Canada, the USA or elsewhere. People really need to read the good and bad experiences of emigration. Also, if you post on the Aus. forum you might find someone who lives near you out there who could help you with some support for now?

Edited to add - except I notice you don't say which part of Aus. you're in.
Old Jul 17th 2006, 8:47 am
Back in OZ!

ElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry that life is getting on top of you

You must give yourself time though, and once you are out from these 'darker' times you might see a lighter part of life.

I moved to Australia when I was 8 and then moved back to England when I was 24 (which was 7 years ago). I miss Australia big time, and whilst I am sure I am remembering it with rose tinted glasses, and that alot of my homesickness comes from my immediate family being there, I just feel I need to go back.

I am currently sponsoring my fiance on a de-facto visa and I am going through agony. One minute I feel sad that I am taking him away from his family and friends and the next I am excited, thinking of being back in Oz again.

England does feel like 'a' home to me but I don't feel entirely easy and comfortable. I like being British and love a good pint, like BBC tv, dig marmite over vegemite etc however over the years Australia has lured me back.

I cannot explain the feeling I get when I see Perth airport from the plane windows as we land.

I would have been back on the plane immediately when arriving here had I not promised my OH that I would give it 2 years. I ended up giving it 7 and I do not regret that decision - I have had some terrific memories from being here! (will probably miss the place when I DO go back).

How I wish Australia was to England, what Ireland is (distance wise)

Anyway...give yourself some time. Your husbands work situtation is obviously depressing and not helping at all....

Congratulations on your pregnancy
Old Jul 17th 2006, 11:04 am

Vanessa is an unknown quantity at this point

When you work for someone else then you do earn them more money than they pay you - that is the whole point of it. My hubbie earns his business millions each year but he doesn't get paid that!

Having said that I do feel for you with the weekend working etc. I know how out of place you feel at the begining without being left on your own and having to scrimp and scrape. I do hope things get better for you.
Old Jul 17th 2006, 11:32 am
Banned

Lord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Vanessa
When you work for someone else then you do earn them more money than they pay you - that is the whole point of it. My hubbie earns his business millions each year but he doesn't get paid that
l agree, its like saying because a Bank earns billions of dollars a year Bank its unfair not to pay bank tellers 5 million dollars each per year.
Old Jul 17th 2006, 11:55 pm
Just Joined

mackay is an unknown quantity at this point

thank to everyone who has posted i do feel better AND i feel better with the position that we are in now and that is WE ARE AWAY HOME !!!!!! SOONER RATHER THAN LATER !

just to clarify a few things mr got the work done the work and befor all this was done an agreement that he would be paid for larger (extra jobs on a price of at the going rate so he was very much under false pretences not just lately but from the start ! the company cant handle the responsibilities of employing a person which is why they nearly always use subby's if you know what i mean

ANYWAY I DIDN'T MAKW THE DECISION MR DID so this 1 is on him and like i've said i wouln't leave him regardless of the decissions made just at this moment in time and present situation its not for us !

but i cant so every1 else have 1 for me !
Old Jul 18th 2006, 12:04 pm
Drunken Aussie

brisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nice

Have you thought that maybe it was Mackay as apposed to Australia that was the problem? If I had to live in Mackay I think I'd want to leave too.
Old Jul 18th 2006, 12:23 pm
Account Closed

Nicstids is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by brisnick
Have you thought that maybe it was Mackay as apposed to Australia that was the problem? If I had to live in Mackay I think I'd want to leave too.
Is that as well as Toowoomba? You don't like many places do you?
Old Jul 18th 2006, 5:46 pm
Forum Regular

karaokeM is a glorious beacon of lightkaraokeM is a glorious beacon of lightkaraokeM is a glorious beacon of lightkaraokeM is a glorious beacon of lightkaraokeM is a glorious beacon of lightkaraokeM is a glorious beacon of lightkaraokeM is a glorious beacon of lightkaraokeM is a glorious beacon of lightkaraokeM is a glorious beacon of lightkaraokeM is a glorious beacon of lightkaraokeM is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Desire
Well! what do i say, where do i start........ but if it's any consolation your not alone in your thoughts in this forum.
Just had another big fall out with hubby this morning before he set off to work.
For me i can't get over the financial struggle that we have here.
I didn't expect to be rolling in money and i have never been afraid of hard work to help support our family. But this is crazy, counting every penny, not being able to have my haircut etc.
We have been here for 14 months now, still can't see light at the end of the tunnel. To top it all off i had an email from my mum this morning, who gave me her blessing when we came (bless her) never gave us a hard time etc saying she feels she is wishing her life away untill she sees us again (wont be untill xmas 2007)
I thought i came here for a better life. What is a better life?
Sorry for waffling on, do you what, i am 41 and never felt that i needed a cuddle from my mum more then i do today
Dear Desire

Hi my name is Mandy and I live in Melbourne, I had to reply to your thread because it sounds so familiar, I was on the phone to my pomme friend this morning having the same conversation. My husband is on a good wage here but still we seem to be struggling, we had an arguement about the bank statement last night. Unlike you I have been away now 10 years in total, 6 in NZ. We made the mistake of coming to oz I though it would be a happy medium between here and UK. Can I ask you are you on more money now or less, why do you think you are struggling? Is it food shopping, bill etc more expensive. Like you I'm totally bored with here now, daughter moved back 10 months ago and I'm losing the plot seriously we argue all the time, All I get is meat and petrol is cheaper and the good weather is a reason to be without family.
Old Jul 23rd 2006, 11:46 am
Drunken Aussie

brisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nice

Of course. Although Rockhampton is the worst of the three places I cannot stand. Everywhere else is paradise

Originally Posted by Nicstids
Is that as well as Toowoomba? You don't like many places do you?