Wikiposts

Honeymoon?

Old Apr 20th 2009, 5:24 am
Forum Regular

Craig73 is just really niceCraig73 is just really niceCraig73 is just really niceCraig73 is just really niceCraig73 is just really niceCraig73 is just really niceCraig73 is just really niceCraig73 is just really nice
Default Honeymoon?

My fiancee and I would like to go on a honeymoon after we get married (if we get our K1 approved)... we are thinking about maybe Bahamas or Barbados.

Can I leave the US after we get married?... or would this cos some trouble?

I've searched on the forum for some answers, but cant find what I'm looking for.
Old Apr 20th 2009, 5:26 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Honeymoon?

Originally Posted by Craig73
My fiancee and I would like to go on a honeymoon after we get married (if we get our K1 approved)... we are thinking about maybe Bahamas or Barbados.

I've searched on the forum for some answers, but cant find what I'm looking for.
After you get married and file AOS, you can only leave the USA once you have your AP document in hand. It takes about 60 days to get the AP in hand after filing AOS. So you'll be waiting a couple/few months for the honeymoon.

edit to clarify: You can LEAVE the USA anytime, but you will need that AP document in hand to get back in the USA....and if you leave the USA without having the AP document in hand first, you'll abandon your AOS.

Rene
Old Apr 20th 2009, 5:27 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

ooh, you should not throw down a challenge like this when I am on an office day...
This is one of the original FAQs of this group.

The K-1 visa is a single entry visa.
You should not leave the US without Advance Parole (the travel document you get a few months after filing for Adjustment of Status) or a Green Card (the document you get when your AOS is approved).
If you do leave the US without one of these documents, you will not be allowed back in without a new visa.
Old Apr 20th 2009, 5:35 am
Forum Regular

Craig73 is just really niceCraig73 is just really niceCraig73 is just really niceCraig73 is just really niceCraig73 is just really niceCraig73 is just really niceCraig73 is just really niceCraig73 is just really nice

Thank you Noorah & Meauxna, yes we can wait a couple of months untill I get my Advance Parole Document.

Thanks for the quick replies
Old Apr 20th 2009, 6:30 am
BE Enthusiast

The_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to all

Just out of curiosity - would it make a difference if they went to the US Virgin Islands on their honeymoon?
Old Apr 20th 2009, 6:32 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Potential issues can arise anytime one leaves the continental US during this time (flights/ships diverted to an unintended foreign port, misunderstanding at reentry etc) but technically yes.. USVI, Puerto Rico, Hawaii are all immigration "OK".

Florida is popular.
Old Apr 20th 2009, 6:35 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by The_English_Bride
Just out of curiosity - would it make a difference if they went to the US Virgin Islands on their honeymoon?
I forgot to ask about the US Virgin Islands
Old Apr 20th 2009, 6:36 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by meauxna
Potential issues can arise anytime one leaves the continental US during this time (flights/ships diverted to an unintended foreign port, misunderstanding at reentry etc) but technically yes.. USVI, Puerto Rico, Hawaii are all immigration "OK".

Florida is popular.
yes we have also talked about the Florida Keys
Old Apr 20th 2009, 6:39 am
BE Enthusiast

The_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to all

Cool - just thought I'd throw a possible option out there!

There are some really nice places in the US. We had our honeymoon here and it was wonderful. It sounds like you want a nice beach honeymoon, though. That's why I was thinking VI...Hawaii etc. Possibly not worth the potential risk, though.
Old Apr 20th 2009, 7:09 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by The_English_Bride
Cool - just thought I'd throw a possible option out there!

There are some really nice places in the US. We had our honeymoon here and it was wonderful. It sounds like you want a nice beach honeymoon, though. That's why I was thinking VI...Hawaii etc. Possibly not worth the potential risk, though.
Yes def somewhere with a nice beach, I do like the idea of the Florida Keys
Old Apr 20th 2009, 7:22 am

Yes def somewhere with a nice beach, I do like the idea of the Florida Keys
What month of the year?
Unless you're used to hot n' humid.
Old Apr 20th 2009, 7:55 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by meauxna
What month of the year?
Unless you're used to hot n' humid.
Well we're planning the wedding for October, my fiancee is at Law School and getting time off is really hard. So we think we can maybe have our honeymoon march /april 2010.
Old Apr 20th 2009, 7:58 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Well we're planning the wedding for October, my fiancee is at Law School and getting time off is really hard. So we think we can maybe have our honeymoon march /april 2010.
Heck, you might even have your green card in hand by then....
Old Apr 20th 2009, 8:21 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Heck, you might even have your green card in hand by then....
I hope so, that would be nice
Old Apr 21st 2009, 1:18 am
BE Enthusiast

PepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond repute

Me and my USC are having a "mini-moon", spending a week at a lake resort in the same state im moving to (Missouri) with a few friends and family.

Missouri being the size of England, theres plenty of places to visit close to home! Plus gotta save up to come back to the UK next October for my brothers wedding.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.