Wikiposts

homesick k-1 fiances

Old Feb 20th 2004, 9:03 pm
dave w

Default homesick k-1 fiances

Anyone have any experiences with their fiance being homesick?

Old Feb 21st 2004, 3:38 am
At last in Josh's arms =)

JoshsCarole is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: homesick k-1 fiances

Originally posted by dave w
Is yours already homesick after 5 days, Dave?

I haven't been homesick yet, I just miss French food and my family! =)
Old Feb 21st 2004, 5:12 am
Scott and Nanette

ScottHenshaw is an unknown quantity at this point

Dave although you and I have never gotten along online, I am more than happy to share some of my input in order to help Janette.

Here are some things that have helped Nanette:

Downtown Seatte: Uwajimia, they have a little restuarant called Inays Kitchen which is Filipino. From time to time she likes to eat some of the food from home, (Although she says that it is not very good).

Everett, nice little Filipino store on 7th and Everett Mall way. Guy ships LBC and Janette might really like joining the LBC club. $65 for a big box to the anywhere in the Philipinnes. Ship 5 and the sicth is free. She might feel, "In touch" with her family if she always has a box rady to fill with stuff for them. (Remember helping family is part of the culture).

Also, send her family a laptop, you can get them cheap on ebay. Nanette uses MSN messenger to talk to her family 3 or four times a week. With me in DSL and her family on dialup in her city, they can talk as long as they want for free, (Only have to pay for there dial up).

Other than making every effort to keep the flow of communication with her family let her adjust to the new culture. Dont try to adjust it for her. Let her pick the restuarants that she like, (Nanette likes to go to the differnt Asain Buffets around town). Although that does not mean that all Filipinos do, but I have found that places like Dennies and IHOP just dont get the same smile as a nice bowl of rice and clams. I love Buffet in woodenville is a realy nice one and the often times have Filipino stuff. (I mention all this stuff about food, as that is one thing that Nanette really misses from home).

I am curious to know if Janette would like going to garage sales? Nanette just loves them and her family and friends always seem to be excitied about what all she finds. Also goes hand in hand with the LBC boxes. She has been making a little extra cash on Ebay selling the excess, which makes her feel good, as she was the, "Bred winner" in the Philippines and cant stand to sit around will the EAD is being processed.

Hope some of these ideas help out and keep in mind that I am only speaking of Nanette's experience and I am not claiming that all Filipinos are the same

Scott Henshaw
Old Feb 21st 2004, 5:35 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by ScottHenshaw
Dave although you and I have never gotten along online, I am more than happy to share some of my input in order to help Janette.
Janette? I thought her name was Faye. Like in Davd Wilkerson and Faye.

Rete
Old Feb 21st 2004, 6:14 am
Dawn

dave w <member21024@british_expats.com> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Anyone have any experiences with their fiance being homesick?

I think probably we all have. There was a thread about this
not long ago. Try doing a group specific search for "homesick"
and you should be able to find it and all the posts/comments.

Dawn

Old Feb 21st 2004, 6:26 am
dave w

Originally posted by Rete
Janette? I thought her name was Faye. Like in Davd Wilkerson and Faye.

Rete

Yes, You are correct Rete.

and thanks for all the information Scott. That was nice of you.

Janette is the wife of Booger

I do have the TFC channel, and I think that helps also.

Old Feb 21st 2004, 10:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Nevada b4 California b4 Colorado b4 Valley of plastic and sand, b4 London
veryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond repute

I never thought I would say this but I do miss the british sence of humour.

Yes family and friends too.
Old Feb 21st 2004, 11:11 am
Jadm

dave w <member21024@british_expats.com> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Anyone have any experiences with their fiance being homesick?

oh hell yes...my UK hubs been in the states for 3 years and now wants
to move back to the UK... his 1rst 8 months here wasnt too bad but he
was homesick yes, not like now though..LOL NOW we are planning to give
a go at moving over to the UK, then it will be MY TURN to get
homesick!
Deb & John..USA/UK

Old Feb 21st 2004, 3:18 pm
Scott and Nanette

ScottHenshaw is an unknown quantity at this point

Woops, yes I just mixed up the names of Boogers Fiance and Dave W's... Sorry about the mistake.... I spent about 20 minutes looking for my car in the Costco parking lot today, not only did I forget where I parked, but also that I drove my truck and not my car.... My memory is starting to get.. what was I talking about?
Scott