Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

HOLY COW! I got to talk to someone in Nebraska!

HOLY COW! I got to talk to someone in Nebraska!

Old Aug 14th 2002, 6:16 pm
Petey's Playmate

PEACHSTER is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation HOLY COW! I got to talk to someone in Nebraska!

I just thought I give it a shot & call Nebraska to see if I could get thru to talk to someone. I was amazed the line was not busy at all & it took no time for me to talk to an information officer. I guess they got more phone lines. Anyway my Notice date is for May & so I asked the lady how long it would take before they hit May petitions & she said a month. I read on here yesturday or day before I believe that someone else called & got a month to for a time. So maybe they are starting to get things together. One can hope.
Old Aug 14th 2002, 8:49 pm
Robert Poulin

Default Re: HOLY COW! I got to talk to someone in Nebraska!

Nope, no more lines. It just took me 45 minutes of redial to get through. Also the
lady I spoke to said that they were processing the beginning of April. I did not
press her anymore for an exact date, why, she would just make up a date. I asked
her how long before they got to May and she said a few months, I have a May notice
date. I told her my dilemma about having to deploy in March and she said there was
a good chance it would take that long before everything was done. Another day
another story.

PEACHSTER wrote:

>I just thought I give it a shot & call Nebraska to see if I could get thru to talk
    >to someone. I was amazed the line was not busy at all & it took no time for me to
    >talk to an information officer. I guess they got more phone lines. Anyway my Notice
    >date is for May & so I asked the lady how long it would take before they hit May
    >petitions & she said a month. I read on here yesturday or day before I believe that
    >someone else called & got a month to for a time. So maybe they are starting to get
    >things together. One can hope.
    >--
    >Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Aug 14th 2002, 9:16 pm
Paul

I think I saw this on here, and this is where I got it from:

Got this off of Doc Steen BB & thought I post it.

Hiring

The Nebraska Service Center (NSC) is in the process of filling 52 job vacancies. They
have selected 50 potential candidates who are undergoing background checks. This lack
of personnel has an obvious impact on case processing times. Once hired, these
candidates must also be trained.

IBIS

NSC is processing the IBIS checks on each day's receipted cases. If a case comes
back from the IBIS check with a "definitive negative" (i.e. no negative information
on the applicant), then the examiner can go forward with the case. If there is a
"hit," IBIS generates a name and date of birth, which is then put through an
identification process.

If an IBIS hit occurs, a "triage" group then evaluates the case. Those with serious
criminal histories, prior orders of deportation / removal, or deemed to be potential
security threats are referred for enforcement. Smaller hits, such as minor crimes
that do not make the person removable, are sent for adjudication.

The NSC suggested including a copy of the applicant's driver's license with each
application in an effort to help resolve some IBIS hits. These sometimes occur when
an applicant's name and date of birth is the same as that of someone with a negative
background. The physical description on a driver's license may help to clarify that
the applicant is a different person from the IBIS result.

NSC will be improving telephone service, by tripling the number of phone lines. This
is a very welcomed change and one we can recommend for all the INS Service Centers!

"Robert Poulin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    : Nope, no more lines. It just took me 45 minutes
of redial to get
    : through. Also the lady I spoke to said that
they were processing the
    : beginning of April. I did not press her anymore
for an exact date, why,
    : she would just make up a date. I asked her how
long before they got to
    : May and she said a few months, I have a May
notice date. I told her my
    : dilemma about having to deploy in March and she
said there was a good
    : chance it would take that long before everything
was done. Another day
    : another story.
    :
    : PEACHSTER wrote:
    :
    : >I just thought I give it a shot & call Nebraska
to see if I could get
    : >thru to talk to someone. I was amazed the line
was not busy at all & it
    : >took no time for me to talk to an information
officer. I guess they got
    : >more phone lines. Anyway my Notice date is for
May & so I asked the lady
    : >how long it would take before they hit May
petitions & she said a month.
    : >I read on here yesturday or day before I
believe that someone else
    : >called & got a month to for a time. So maybe
they are starting to get
    : >things together. One can hope.
    : >
    : >--
    : >Posted via http://britishexpats.com
    : >
    :

Old Aug 14th 2002, 9:23 pm
Petey's Playmate

Awwwww damn
Old Aug 14th 2002, 9:30 pm
Forum Regular

grajan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by PEACHSTER:
Awwwww damn
and just down this forum list is advice not to 'jump ship' and marry on a visa waiver (which I agree with wanting to do this properly) because K1's are only taking a couple of months....
Am I going crazy.... I feel like I am. Missing my USC lady like crazy... but not alone I know.

grajan
Old Aug 14th 2002, 11:32 pm
Andrew

PEACHSTER <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > I just thought I give it a shot & call Nebraska to see if I could get thru to talk
    > to someone. I was amazed the line was not busy at all & it took no time for me to
    > talk to an information officer. I guess they got more phone lines. Anyway my Notice
    > date is for May & so I asked the lady how long it would take before they hit May
    > petitions & she said a month. I read on here yesturday or day before I believe that
    > someone else called & got a month to for a time. So maybe they are starting to get
    > things together. One can hope.

Don't hold your breath. My fiance got to talk to someone a few weeks back inquiring
about the "case not found" message and was told that it was a temporary glitch and
our application should be processed any day now. We're on day 111 as of today (8/15)
and pretty soon we're going to have to cancel our wedding plans in November.

Andrew

Old Aug 15th 2002, 1:07 am
BE Enthusiast

tara is an unknown quantity at this point

Speaking of holy cows~~~
Peters site may well be one of the most creative sites i have ever seen!

http://www.holycowmania.com/index.html

Be sure to play the interactive panoramas. Right above his copyright clik on the "panorama index" to get to some new ones. Try the psycomode!
Have fun, this site is quite deep try to find the bottom. Most highly reccomended!
Old Aug 15th 2002, 1:29 am
Oregon/ShangHai

donahso is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hey, PEACHSTER

Forget about your's, check on mine. OK?

-Don H
Old Aug 15th 2002, 2:44 am
Wisconsin Rpcv

I got through today after 30 minutes of redialing. The woman I spoke to told me that
they are currently processing 129f petitions from, big surprise, April 22nd. I
didn't even bother asking when they'd be getting to the petitions from April 26. All
I know is that I'm kicking myself for not getting my stuff together sooner. If I had
mailed it only a week earlier I might have an answer by now. 111 days and still
waiting.....

PEACHSTER <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > I just thought I give it a shot & call Nebraska to see if I could get thru to talk
    > to someone. I was amazed the line was not busy at all & it took no time for me to
    > talk to an information officer. I guess they got more phone lines. Anyway my Notice
    > date is for May & so I asked the lady how long it would take before they hit May
    > petitions & she said a month. I read on here yesturday or day before I believe that
    > someone else called & got a month to for a time. So maybe they are starting to get

Old Aug 15th 2002, 6:05 am
Greg Johnson

That is odd. I called yesterday and they said April 8th (yes the eighth day of
April). A week ago they said April 22nd.

They tell so many different stories that I would not believe them if they told me
my own name.

It is blindingly obvious that Nebraska (specifically its management) feels that it
can treat people like this and feed them this BS and they would not (or could not)
compare notes, stories, timelines and dates. Sorry but this isn't the old days
before the net, or email, or Usenet Newsgroups. People do have forums to talk about
what is happening, how they are treated and compare timelines. 10 years ago we
probably would not have any idea that Veermont and Texas have 2-5 week approval time
and Nebraska has 12-20 weeks. Or that the so-called 'information officers' have been
making false statements and misleading claims to the public (and apparently to
congressional staff members as well) on the Service Center's behalf.

Wisconsin RPCV wrote:
    > I got through today after 30 minutes of redialing. The woman I spoke to told me
    > that they are currently processing 129f petitions from, big surprise, April 22nd.
    > I didn't even bother asking when they'd be getting to the petitions from April 26.
    > All I know is that I'm kicking myself for not getting my stuff together sooner. If
    > I had mailed it only a week earlier I might have an answer by now. 111 days and
    > still waiting.....
    > PEACHSTER <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    >>I just thought I give it a shot & call Nebraska to see if I could get thru to talk
    >>to someone. I was amazed the line was not busy at all & it took no time for me to
    >>talk to an information officer. I guess they got more phone lines. Anyway my Notice
    >>date is for May & so I asked the lady how long it would take before they hit May
    >>petitions & she said a month. I read on here yesturday or day before I believe that
    >>someone else called & got a month to for a time. So maybe they are starting to get
    >>things together. One can hope.

Old Aug 15th 2002, 9:05 am
Just Joined

nickson is an unknown quantity at this point

I spoke to an IO at the NSC yesterday (8/14) after 15 mins redial and she told me that the reason the IOs have been giving the date of April 22 to callers for the last month is that the report that all the IOs are looking at is only published monthly. They were due to get this month's report on Monday, but it hasn't arrived yet. It baffles me that they don't have access to a real-time lookup report, but then again nothing surprises me with the NSC. Of course this is probably just another of their BS excuses, but it's the one I want to believe since it could mean that the next report could say that they are on May. Fingers crossed!

She also told me that they do not shift resources to other areas (as another IO had told me the day before). How can they not catch on that we all compare notes and we will catch them when they lie to us???

Nicole
Old Aug 15th 2002, 9:21 am
Petey's Playmate

Originally posted by nickson:
I spoke to an IO at the NSC yesterday (8/14) after 15 mins redial and she told me that the reason the IOs have been giving the date of April 22 to callers for the last month is that the report that all the IOs are looking at is only published monthly. They were due to get this month's report on Monday, but it hasn't arrived yet. It baffles me that they don't have access to a real-time lookup report, but then again nothing surprises me with the NSC. Of course this is probably just another of their BS excuses, but it's the one I want to believe since it could mean that the next report could say that they are on May. Fingers crossed!

She also told me that they do not shift resources to other areas (as another IO had told me the day before). How can they not catch on that we all compare notes and we will catch them when they lie to us???

Nicole

They probaly dont know about this board. LOL
Old Aug 15th 2002, 12:51 pm
Joe \

Hey Peachster, You beat me to the punch. I was going to say the same thing. Maybe
someone should clue them in so they would at least get their story together.

"PEACHSTER" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Originally posted by nickson:
    > > I spoke to an IO at the NSC yesterday (8/14) after 15 mins redial and she told me
    > > that the reason the IOs have been giving the date of April 22 to callers for the
    > > last month is that the report that all the IOs are looking at is only published
    > > monthly. They were due to get this month's report on Monday, but it hasn't
    > > arrived yet. It baffles me that they don't have access to a real-time lookup
    > > report, but then again nothing surprises me with the NSC. Of course this is
    > > probably just another of their BS excuses, but it's the one I want to believe
    > > since it could mean that the next report could say that they are on May. Fingers
    > > crossed!
    > >
    > > She also told me that they do not shift resources to other areas (as another IO
    > > had told me the day before). How can they not catch on that we all compare notes
    > > and we will catch them when they lie to us???
    > >
    > > Nicole
    > They probaly dont know about this board. LOL
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Aug 15th 2002, 4:13 pm
Petey's Playmate

nevermind

Last edited by PEACHSTER; Aug 15th 2002 at 5:05 pm.
Old Aug 15th 2002, 6:51 pm
Joe \

Well I made my call to NSC today 8/15. I told the IO that I was told last month
that they should be working on my petition by mid-August. As normal she stated that
they are working on the end of April (no date given). I interrupted her and said my
1st NOA states processing between 70-100 days and day 100 is Sept. 7th. Now of
course she had to make up a story and say that by that time is should be approved.
I didn't want to corner her too much so I let her go at that. But she did mention
that she was surprised about me asking specific questions and had exact dates to
read off to her. I have both of my Senators working on my case and we will see what
stories they are told.

"PEACHSTER" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.