Wikiposts

HiHi

Old Apr 18th 2006, 8:58 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HiHi

Originally Posted by Andrew Cross
Just out of curiosity - what is a twice baked potato ???
Sue

Is that the country-style one, freshly picked from our own fields as the sun rises, and covered in lashings of creamy butter churned by our from our own busty milkmaid?
Old Apr 18th 2006, 9:00 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Sue
Bake the potato in the oven, then scoop out the inside, mash it adding whatever you like, then put it back into the skin and put it in the oven again.
Old Apr 18th 2006, 9:04 am
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Bake the potato in the oven, then scoop out the inside, mash it adding whatever you like, then put it back into the skin and put it in the oven again.
Yep - sounds right - they are my idea of a healthy snack, but I suspect that the 4lbs of butter in each one may prove otherwise.
Old Apr 18th 2006, 9:56 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Sue
Never seen that around here? lovely stuff...weird though, baking a spud a couple times...

Anyway, welcome to the OP
Old Apr 18th 2006, 11:20 am
Blondie22

blaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Serenity
Just thought I'd say hi. I've been lurking for a while for feelings about the US as the hubs and I thought about returning, which we've decided we will.

I'm a Brit and lived in the US for 4 years (NE and CO) with US hubs, we moved back to the UK in 2002 and have on and off thought about returning... more me than him really. I think it was a mistake to move back... should probably have just come for a holiday! We're planning on getting back before Christmas. We'd be moving back to Omaha.

Of course now it's been decided I'm crapping myself! I mean what if I'm wrong again and we just bounce back and forth across the Atlantic every few years!!
Welcome newbie DON"T DO IT!!! (only kidding! )
Old Apr 18th 2006, 1:47 pm
Senior Moment

Sarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Serenity
Just thought I'd say hi. I've been lurking for a while for feelings about the US as the hubs and I thought about returning, which we've decided we will.

I'm a Brit and lived in the US for 4 years (NE and CO) with US hubs, we moved back to the UK in 2002 and have on and off thought about returning... more me than him really. I think it was a mistake to move back... should probably have just come for a holiday! We're planning on getting back before Christmas. We'd be moving back to Omaha.

Of course now it's been decided I'm crapping myself! I mean what if I'm wrong again and we just bounce back and forth across the Atlantic every few years!!
Have a look at this before you book your flight back to Nebraska-Nowheresville USA http://www.guardian.co.uk/usa/story/0,,1754360,00.html
Old Apr 18th 2006, 6:20 pm
Account Closed

Serenity is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sarah
Have a look at this before you book your flight back to Nebraska-Nowheresville USA http://www.guardian.co.uk/usa/story/0,,1754360,00.html
Well I can see them ending up paying hugely for that one and it probably not coming to fruition at all.

As for the OP question about why Omaha, it's a nice place! I ended up there because that's where hubs is from (technically, he's an air force brat and decided to return to Omaha) and I like it! Cheap cost of living, bucketloads of jobs, friendly people, slow pace of life, his parents live there blah blah blah.
Old Apr 18th 2006, 11:51 pm
strangely floppy..

CarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
The situation has been stabilized capt'n.
No immediate danger of deportation.
'atta boy!
Old Apr 19th 2006, 12:06 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

The situation has been stabilized capt'n.
No immediate danger of deportation.
Pleased to hear your staying around, good luck.
Old Apr 19th 2006, 12:09 am
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Yep - sounds right - they are my idea of a healthy snack, but I suspect that the 4lbs of butter in each one may prove otherwise.

yeah and add to that loads of cheddar cheese then down the hatch nearly forgot the bacon bits on the top
Old Apr 19th 2006, 12:11 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by TruBrit
yeah and add to that loads of cheddar cheese then down the hatch nearly forgot the bacon bits on the top

Perhaps a little chopped placenta mixed in too.
Old Apr 19th 2006, 12:24 am
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Perhaps a little chopped placenta mixed in too.
what a good idea jersey err maybe marinate it first