Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Hi JeffB Can you Tell Me about the Embassy Pics?

Wikiposts

Hi JeffB Can you Tell Me about the Embassy Pics?

Old Mar 2nd 2004, 5:56 pm
Forum Regular

Cathese is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hi JeffB Can you Tell Me about the Embassy Pics?

Hi JeffB & Remi,

I can see you online.

Can you please tell me the type of pictures to take for the interview? Is it the normal passports with a white background or the type submitted with the 129F application?

Thanks.

My Interview is this month.

Cathese
Old Mar 3rd 2004, 2:51 am
Forum Regular

ruthann1212 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Hi JeffB Can you Tell Me about the Embassy Pics?

Originally posted by Cathese
Hi JeffB & Remi,

I can see you online.

Can you please tell me the type of pictures to take for the interview? Is it the normal passports with a white background or the type submitted with the 129F application?

Thanks.

Cathese
Just to let you know that my thoughts are with you. Good luck!
Ruthann
Old Mar 3rd 2004, 5:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

JeffB is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Cathese,
Sorry we logged out before we saw your post yesternight, they want the normal passport type but they demand a specific size which alot of photographers always calculate wrongly. This is where Remi went to get hers:

Debin Photographers
Brown Road
Aguda Surulere

Take a bus from Tejuosho/yaba market to Aguda. Alight at Aguda market bustop and take a bike to Debin. If you are coming from the island, take bus from either CMS, Tafawa Balewa Square(tbs) or Custain Ebute-meta, get off at Brown junction. The buses from the island drive past Debin, so you can actually tell the driver that you are going to Debin, or if he doesn't know just drop at Brown junction and walk backwards, it's a few buildings away. If you can't do this just jump on okada and tell the driver you are going to Debin, everyone in that area knows it.
Any okada driver should know where it is exactly. Take the paper from the embassy with you(the one with the dimention). The boys there would do a good job. They took all of my pictures. Take the pictures ahead of time.
Other than the passports pics, you need to gather an encyclopedia of PICTURES of you and your hubby. This is a huge determining factor. You will be glad you did once you start seeing people being sent away for insufficient pictures.
Congratulations on your interview, wishing you all the best.

Jeff and Remi

Hi JeffB & Remi,

I can see you online.

Thanks.

Cathese
Old Mar 4th 2004, 3:23 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Jeff B. Regards to Remi. I need all the luck. I have so many pictures but I am wary taking so many cos I am scared they may not return them to me. My Finace lost the ones sent with the 129F application.

I will keep you guys posted on the outcome of the interview.

Cathese

Originally posted by JeffB
Hi Cathese,
Sorry we logged out before we saw your post yesternight, they want the normal passport type but they demand a specific size which alot of photographers always calculate wrongly. This is where Remi went to get hers:

Debin Photographers
Brown Road
Aguda Surulere

Take a bus from Tejuosho/yaba market to Aguda. Alight at Aguda market bustop and take a bike to Debin. If you are coming from the island, take bus from either CMS, Tafawa Balewa Square(tbs) or Custain Ebute-meta, get off at Brown junction. The buses from the island drive past Debin, so you can actually tell the driver that you are going to Debin, or if he doesn't know just drop at Brown junction and walk backwards, it's a few buildings away. If you can't do this just jump on okada and tell the driver you are going to Debin, everyone in that area knows it.
Any okada driver should know where it is exactly. Take the paper from the embassy with you(the one with the dimention). The boys there would do a good job. They took all of my pictures. Take the pictures ahead of time.
Other than the passports pics, you need to gather an encyclopedia of PICTURES of you and your hubby. This is a huge determining factor. You will be glad you did once you start seeing people being sent away for insufficient pictures.
Congratulations on your interview, wishing you all the best.

Jeff and Remi
Old Mar 4th 2004, 3:48 am
Forum Regular

JJ&ST is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Jeff B. Regards to Remi. I need all the luck. I have so many pictures but I am wary taking so many cos I am scared they may not return them to me. My Finace lost the ones sent with the 129F application.

I will keep you guys posted on the outcome of the interview.

Cathese
Hi Cathese,

I want to wish you good luck at your interview coming up on Mar 12. I sent you email enquiring of the date,but I later found it here. I am the Nigerian male. God bless you. Keep us posted and in details too!!!
Old Mar 4th 2004, 3:52 am
Forum Regular

Thanks alot. Wishing you luck as you prepare for urs too.

Cathese

Originally posted by JJ&ST
Hi Cathese,

I want to wish you good luck at your interview coming up on Mar 12. I sent you email enquiring of the date,but I later found it here. I am the Nigerian male. God bless you. Keep us posted and in details too!!!
Old Mar 4th 2004, 5:08 am
BE Enthusiast

JeffB is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi cathese
This is Remi, I actually wrote the last mail to you. Honestly you are better off taking those pictures with you, afterall once you are together you can always make more.
Having said that, Your pictures will be given back to you.
Every body that was there on my interview date were returned their pictures. That's a first hand withness information. If you have so many pictures, get a huge photo album. Arrange them all in there and if you can, label each one (put a tag ontop each one stating where they were taken). We had tags like Our first kiss, first meal, 1st trip to Dubai, 2nd trip, Kenya etc The idea is to show that you know what you are doing and you've taken time to cover your tracks.
Honestly you want every detail shown. A married woman was sent back for more pictures because she had maybe 20 pictures with her and the officer said "you've been married to this man and all you have during your courtship period and marriage was a handful of pictures?
Cathese just believe in God and have faith along with enough evidence, I believe you can do it. Honestly If I can, everybody can. My situation was a miracle, as I had issues that I can't disclose here but with all that preparation and papers, I knew I could do it. The consular officer didn't waste too much time with me, even though my situation came up at the interview but I scaled through. He said "oh my God, who prepared this evidence and pictures?" I said my fiancee and he is outside waiting, just incase you need him. Then he said " who is he? are you sure he is not a CIA? I have been here for nearly 20 years and I have never seen evidence like this ever before". At that point, I knew it was a triumphant day.
You want everyone that comes across your case to think you are a detective. Make sure you bring your fiancee's tax transcript, and all the neccessary forms. During my time people were sent back due to obsolete forms of which the Consulate were the ones that sent it to them, so have copies of old and new forms just incase they want either of each. Some forms weren't taken from me at all, but the TAX TRANSCRIPT is a big deal. Arrange all your forms properly, I was so confused when I was there and it's natural as the guys there wants to get done and over with you ASAP and move on to the next person in line.
I wish you all the luck .
Remi

Cathese said:
"I have so many pictures but I am wary taking so many cos I am scared they may not return them to me. My Finace lost the ones sent with the 129F application"