Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

HI ..!! ITS ABOUT FIANCEE VISA, PLEASE A NEED HELP

Wikiposts

HI ..!! ITS ABOUT FIANCEE VISA, PLEASE A NEED HELP

Old Mar 31st 2002, 11:05 am
Monina737

Default HI ..!! ITS ABOUT FIANCEE VISA, PLEASE A NEED HELP

Well my approval notice or notice of action was in febrary 12 and I called to the
Embassy here in Peru many times and they always said that my name is not there yet,
but yesterday my fiance called the INS in California and they answered that my
petition aprovved was sent to the Embassy last febrary 20th, I am very upset because
i have another friend from Peru too with the same date approved and she has her
appointment for this april 19 the embassy sent to her all the documents to fill (pack
3 and 4), please help , if you know what it is the procedure here in Peru let me know
or if you know another cases please tell me what can i do.Will be right if I suggest
to Ins to sent a copy of this. thanks Moni.

Old Mar 31st 2002, 3:05 pm
Alvena Ferreira

Default Re: HI ..!! ITS ABOUT FIANCEE VISA, PLEASE A NEED HELP

monina737 wrote:
    > Well my approval notice or notice of action was in febrary 12 and I called to the
    > Embassy here in Peru many times and they always said that my name is not there yet,
    > but yesterday my fiance called the INS in California and they answered that my
    > petition aprovved was sent to the Embassy last febrary 20th, I am very upset
    > because i have another friend from Peru too with the same date approved and she has
    > her appointment for this april 19 the embassy sent to her all the documents to fill
    > (pack 3 and 4), please help , if you know what it is the procedure here in Peru let
    > me know or if you know another cases please tell me what can i do.Will be right if
    > I suggest to Ins to sent a copy of this. thanks Moni.

If the friend's petition came from another service center, then you can make no
comparisons. CSC may take up to a month just to put your petition in the mail. Then
you must consider that because we have no military base in Peru, your petition has to
go through the diplomatic mail pouch. This can take another month or longer. If you
do not have the petition in another two weeks at the Peru consulate, you might ask
your US fiance to have his congressman check on the petition for you. I am surprised
that it is not HE who is asking on this newsgroup instead of you, frankly. Alvena

See the Doc Steen site here:
http://www.mindspring.com/~docsteen/...o/visainfo.htm I am not a lawyer, and this
is not immigration advice. The information I provide is mostly gleaned from old
newsgroup posts and visa links on the internet. If you want or need a lawyer, go to:
http://www.aila.org

Old Apr 1st 2002, 4:35 pm
Monina737

Default Re: HI ..!! ITS ABOUT FIANCEE VISA, PLEASE A NEED HELP

Thanks Alvena I will tell my fiance about that, but if my petition was by cable why
they dont have,, well i will waiting a few days more...thanks again and I will
comment you what happen with my case the next week, bye.

Alvena Ferreira <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > monina737 wrote:
    > > Well my approval notice or notice of action was in febrary 12 and I called to the
    > > Embassy here in Peru many times and they always said that my name is not there
    > > yet, but yesterday my fiance called the INS in California and they answered that
    > > my petition aprovved was sent to the Embassy last febrary 20th, I am very upset
    > > because i have another friend from Peru too with the same date approved and she
    > > has her appointment for this april 19 the embassy sent to her all the documents
    > > to fill (pack 3 and 4), please help , if you know what it is the procedure here
    > > in Peru let me know or if you know another cases please tell me what can i
    > > do.Will be right if I suggest to Ins to sent a copy of this. thanks Moni.
    >
    > If the friend's petition came from another service center, then you can make no
    > comparisons. CSC may take up to a month just to put your petition in the mail. Then
    > you must consider that because we have no military base in Peru, your petition has
    > to go through the diplomatic mail pouch. This can take another month or longer. If
    > you do not have the petition in another two weeks at the Peru consulate, you might
    > ask your US fiance to have his congressman check on the petition for you. I am
    > surprised that it is not HE who is asking on this newsgroup instead of you,
    > frankly. Alvena
    >
    > See the Doc Steen site here:
    > http://www.mindspring.com/~docsteen/...o/visainfo.htm I am not a lawyer, and
    > this is not immigration advice. The information I provide is mostly gleaned from
    > old newsgroup posts and visa links on the internet. If you want or need a lawyer,
    > go to: http://www.aila.org