Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Hi im new and feelin losted!!!

Hi im new and feelin losted!!!

Old May 15th 2014, 7:15 pm
Banned

hungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi im new and feelin losted!!!

Originally Posted by Noorah101
There are pitfalls with your plan. You and your husband should have a consultation with an immigration attorney ASAP to discuss pros and cons. Make sure you and your husband are willing to move back to Ireland if the AOS is denied. Make sure you do not overstay this VWP trip.

Rene
An overstay is ok though isn't it, as long as the adjustment paperwork has been filed in time (ie, within 90 days) I believe?
Old May 15th 2014, 7:16 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lansbury
..... one thing hasn't been mentioned, she cannot leave the US until the travel permit (applied for with the I-131 form) has been granted and she has received it. That may or may not effect how you decide to proceed.
'Cept it has. Post #25 above.
Originally Posted by hungryhorace
An overstay is ok though isn't it, as long as the adjustment paperwork has been filed in time (ie, within 90 days) I believe?
It is, but she is going to be stuck here in the US for a number of months, and (presumably) needs to go back soon to reclaim her dogs?
Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Good point. If Sky leaves the US without Advance Parole, she will be stuck outside the US and will then have to wait 8-10 months while an immigrant visa is processed. It will take 60-90 days to get A/P after the paperwork is filed. .....
So she might as well go back, apply for a CR-1, and at least then she can visit on the VWP.

Last edited by Pulaski; May 15th 2014 at 7:19 pm.
Old May 15th 2014, 7:20 pm
Just Joined

Irish rock Chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Old May 15th 2014, 7:23 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Irish rock Chick
Look at it this way, if you do decide to go back to Ireland and start the process from there, you will be reunited with your dogs and able to prepare to bring them to the US when you return.
Old May 15th 2014, 7:23 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

WE BOTH ARE GREATFUL FOR YOUR ADVICE BUT FEEL LIKE SOME OF YOU ARE A BIT HARSH WITH YOUR REPLIES N WORDS TYPED !!!!!!!
I can't speak for the others, but I'm often quite harsh - because sometimes people get themselves into very serious shit with US immigration... and we'd prefer that you not get into trouble. We just don't want you to get yourselves into a bad situation. Right now, it's totally fixable and you have options!

al we did was fall in love and I asked Sky to marry me we never thought we were doing any thing wrong...
You haven't done anything wrong... and you've been told as much several times over.

Ian

Last edited by ian-mstm; May 15th 2014 at 7:25 pm.
Old May 15th 2014, 7:25 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
..... Right now, it's totally fixable ....
To be fair, it's not even broken, .... at least not yet.

As of now, the OP did what I did, arrived on the VWP and got married to a USC . Then I left before my 90 days was up, and [eventually] applied for a CR-1.

Last edited by Pulaski; May 15th 2014 at 7:28 pm.
Old May 15th 2014, 7:26 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
To be fair, it's not even broken, .... at least not yet.
Quite right! I should have been more precise!

Ian
Old May 15th 2014, 7:31 pm
Just Joined

My dogs are ok for a few months yet !!!! I don't want to leave my husband he just lost his mummy to ovarian cancer and to lose me even for a few months is upsetting him right now ,, but if I have to go nothing I can do but I will file my forms n fees etc and see what happens im dammed if I do and dammed if don't but I have to try !!!!
Old May 15th 2014, 7:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

OK I GET IT !!! WE DO UNDERSTAND THE RISK WE REALLY DO !!!!! WE BOTH ARE GREATFUL FOR YOUR ADVICE BUT FEEL LIKE SOME OF YOU ARE A BIT HARSH WITH YOUR REPLIES N WORDS TYPED !!!!!!! al we did was fall in love and I asked Sky to marry me we never thought we were doing any thing wrong , we have learnt a lesson big time ,I will call an attorney and do what ever I have to , THANK YOU ALL ONCE AGAIN , ONCE BITTEN TWICE SHY I THINK THE SAYING GOES !!!!!!:uns ure:
Harsh?

You haven't done anything wrong yet.

You seem extremely confused.
Old May 15th 2014, 7:40 pm

My dogs are ok for a few months yet !!!! I don't want to leave my husband he just lost his mummy to ovarian cancer and to lose me even for a few months is upsetting him right now ,, but if I have to go nothing I can do but I will file my forms n fees etc and see what happens im dammed if I do and dammed if don't but I have to try !!!!
But you can go, file your CR-1, and come straight back on the VWP for upto 90 days. Your CR-1 will (should) show in the immigration system, so you're unlikely to be challenged on reentry because you will be clearly on record as "going about things the right way". You could even arrange to bring your dogs back with you.

Last edited by Pulaski; May 15th 2014 at 7:57 pm.
Old May 15th 2014, 7:41 pm
Just Joined

Yes we are confused , as well as scared over whelmed amongst a few other emotions
Old May 15th 2014, 7:42 pm
Account Closed

I will file my forms n fees etc and see what happens im dammed if I do and dammed if don't but I have to try !!!
Good luck to you! Please let us know how things are going for you.

Ian
Old May 15th 2014, 7:57 pm

Yes we are confused , as well as scared over whelmed amongst a few other emotions
Perhaps you are but, to recap what you have already been told, you have done nothing wrong, the paperwork can seem daunting, but is not onerous if you take it slowly. Ask questions here on BE and people are happy to help with each step along the way, and we should be able to help with any confusion you are experiencing.
Old May 15th 2014, 11:52 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Honestly I think you need step away from the computer for awhile and breathe. You've been given all the information, and you need to digest it.
Old May 16th 2014, 12:20 am
Just Joined

yes sir we did just that , too much information on the internet conflicting and confusing just going to fill forms in before the 90 days are up and take it from there ..what will be will be we cant change what will or will not happen, never been here in this position before and never will again !! thank you all for your help !!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.