Hi all, I'm going to Bombay, need your input

Wikiposts

Hi all, I'm going to Bombay, need your input

Old Nov 13th 2002, 4:10 am
Forum Regular

mdmd101 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hi all, I'm going to Bombay, need your input

Dear Members:

My wife has been put into "admin. processing" since August 26. We've waited even more before that. My wife is becoming an emotional wreck without being with me; therefore, I'm going to visist my wife as well as the Bombay consulate in the last two weeks in November.

Has any of the members tried this before. Is so, can you please advice me as to how to get an interview with the consul in charge of our case?

We've given the consulate everything they requested on the 221(g) letter.

I've tried faxing and e-mailing the consulate to get an appointment, but they haven't responded. I'm going to show up at the consulate and try to talk to them anyways. I'm hoping they let me in.

Congragulations Karen and thanks for posting as now we know that it takes the consulate about 5 months to process the case after putting it in "admin. review." Thanks

MD
Old Nov 13th 2002, 4:19 am
Forum Regular

saha is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi MD!!

All I can do is wish you lot of luck!!

We just got approval on 12th of Nov. and as far as I have learnt, it sends a chill down my spine thinking of facing them for visa. I heard all kind of horror story about the. I tried to contact them but they refused to reply.

Do you want to talk to your Senetor and Congressman about this. I am afraid, if they do not even talk to you while you are in Mumbai.

Please let us know your findings. Again, wish you all the beast.
Old Nov 13th 2002, 4:24 am
Forum Regular

mdmd101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by saha
Hi MD!!

All I can do is wish you lot of luck!!

We just got approval on 12th of Nov. and as far as I have learnt, it sends a chill down my spine thinking of facing them for visa. I heard all kind of horror story about the. I tried to contact them but they refused to reply.

Do you want to talk to your Senetor and Congressman about this. I am afraid, if they do not even talk to you while you are in Mumbai.

Please let us know your findings. Again, wish you all the beast.

Hello Saha:

The consulate hasn't responded to inquires from the Senator's office. They've not responded to inquires from the State department, India Desk.

I thought they would call my wife back in a couple of weeks and give her the visa as we've provided them each and every item of ridiculous stuff they asked for. But, it's been over three months so I'm going to try meeting the consulate in person. Thanks you for the good thoughts.

MD
Old Nov 15th 2002, 12:15 am
Forum Regular

amys is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Hi all, I'm going to Bombay, need your input

[QUOTE][SIZE=1]Originally posted by mdmd101
Dear Members:

My wife has been put into "admin. processing" since August 26. We've waited even more before that. My wife is becoming an emotional wreck without being with me; therefore, I'm going to visist my wife as well as the Bombay consulate in the last two weeks in November.

Hello mdmd101

Remember me, amy, We are still waiting and waiting and waiting. We had his interview on august 2nd. I have congressman and lawyer on the case and nothing from them, not a peep. They give us the same answer, we are reviewing. Thats it. So we are over 31/2 months. How lovely. This is so unfair, we did nothing wrong. I hae been sending them faxes and emails and affidavits etc. They don't respond that they received them.

amy