Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Hey all you Canadians, how about a little good luck wish?

Wikiposts

Hey all you Canadians, how about a little good luck wish?

Old Jan 4th 2003, 12:14 pm
Forum Regular

tparrent is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hey all you Canadians, how about a little good luck wish?

I FedEx'ed a Canadian tourist visa application to my lovely Ling in Bejing (kinda poetic). I accompanied the application with a letter from me that stopped just short of begging the authorities to allow the little lady to visit. I offered to post a substantial bond if necessary.

The good part is that the Canadian Embassy promises to respond in one day!

I don't know it it will work but the arguments I laid out seemed reasonable. Basically, why the heck would she be a risk to stay in Canada when her American visa will be issued back in China?

I also promised that we would visit the Great White North many, many times to show our gratitude.

Please, please, please.

I have WAY too many miles from flying over the pole so much. My back actually looks like an airline seat.
Old Jan 5th 2003, 8:43 am
Forum Regular

ccqiu is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Hey all you Canadians, how about a little good luck wish?

Originally posted by tparrent
I FedEx'ed a Canadian tourist visa application to my lovely Ling in Bejing (kinda poetic). I accompanied the application with a letter from me that stopped just short of begging the authorities to allow the little lady to visit. I offered to post a substantial bond if necessary.

The good part is that the Canadian Embassy promises to respond in one day!

I don't know it it will work but the arguments I laid out seemed reasonable. Basically, why the heck would she be a risk to stay in Canada when her American visa will be issued back in China?

I also promised that we would visit the Great White North many, many times to show our gratitude.

Please, please, please.

I have WAY too many miles from flying over the pole so much. My back actually looks like an airline seat.
Also, please be aware that if Ling gets her Canadian tourist visa, she will still have to get a US visa in order to visit you, which would be the same difficult as she gets a US visa back in Beijing. But the good thing is you would be able to visit her in a MUCH MORE convenient way.

Also, did you furnish documents to show that she would be financially sound while temporarily staying in Canada? If the Canadians are not willing to grant you a visa, you may try Mexico.

Best Wishes