Wikiposts

here is a challenge...

Old Nov 10th 2004, 12:29 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: here is a challenge...

Originally Posted by Noorah101
That's why I thought if the one in Germany is more just for a celebratory gathering of family and friends...they can plan that once he has his AP in hand. Why the rush to have it in August?

Rene
Dontcha love the way we all go off on a tangent when the OP hasn't even come back...

Rene, maybe the answer to your question is August in Germany = Nice! November in Germany = not so nice.

cindyabs, you're adding onto my name! a whole other syllable now!
Old Nov 10th 2004, 12:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

sphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by meauxna
Dontcha love the way we all go off on a tangent when the OP hasn't even come back...

Rene, maybe the answer to your question is August in Germany = Nice! November in Germany = not so nice.

I kinda like meauxana. If you were from Canada we could call you meauxana of Green Gables.
Old Nov 10th 2004, 12:45 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sphyrapicus
I kinda like meauxana. If you were from Canada we could call you meauxana of Green Gables.
Groan. I got all those books for Xmas when I was a half-Canadian kid.
Old Nov 10th 2004, 12:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

sphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to behold

Groan. I got all those books for Xmas when I was a half-Canadian kid.
And now you are a half-Greek kid?
Old Nov 10th 2004, 1:26 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sphyrapicus
If you were from Canada we could call you meauxana of Green Gables.
When I was living in Halifax, I visited the island many times. The house that became known as Green Gables - the original inspiration for Montgomery's books - burned down in March of 1996, if I remember correctly. It was totally rebuilt before the tourist season began in June. Artisans worked around the clock because the house was such a well known landmark. The town of Cavendish (known as Avonlea in the books) is absolutely gorgeous.

For anyone interested... http://www.gov.pe.ca/greengables/ind...bdb9dc155390ed

Ian
Old Nov 10th 2004, 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
When I was living in Halifax,
Goot Gott, where will it end?
Halifax is where *I* lived in Canada.
St Thomas Aquinas school, and if you had Mrs What'sHerName for Grade 4 too, I'll fall over. You know, the one who used to give out multiplication tables for punishment homework.

Spiffy: now I'm a half-Canadian-almost-old-broad.

Last edited by meauxna; Nov 10th 2004 at 2:23 pm.
Old Nov 10th 2004, 2:46 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry about adding on, I just got carried away, it's that Canadian eh thing.
Old Nov 11th 2004, 12:33 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

You know, the one who used to give out multiplication tables for punishment homework.
I think all 4th grade teachers gave multiplication tables for punishment and, if memory serves, I learned a lot about multiplication that year!

I moved to NS in the 90s after spending most of my life living in Ontario. I worked at the Community YMCA on Gottingen Street, but I actually lived in Dartmouth... not far from the new bridge.

Ian
Old Nov 12th 2004, 5:45 am
Toby

Noorah101 <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected] om>...
    > > Good thought but that is keyed to how quickly Miami does AP. Could
    > > still,as Meauxana says, be a good long wait before being able to go
    > > back to Germany.
    >
    > That's why I thought if the one in Germany is more just for a
    > celebratory gathering of family and friends...they can plan that once he
    > has his AP in hand. Why the rush to have it in August? :)
    >
    > Rene

Hi Rene, Patrick, and everybody.

Thanks so much for all the ideas! It seems like a challenge what we
plan. It's also nice to see that Canadians get carried away so easily
;)

Germany will be a ceremony at church only followed by a big
celebratory gathering of family and friends after.

Wow, I didn't know that with K1 you have to wait up to 6-9 months till
you are able to travel again. What do people do who want to go on a
long honeymoon after the wedding? Does it depend on Florida how quick
I could get AP if getting married in July? How can I find out?

DCF in Frankfurt or London is only possible if my partner is resident
in the UK or Germany. That's what I found out.

Seems we're a bit stack.. :( anyone who can cheer me up?

Thanks so much. This NB is amazing... Toby

Old Nov 12th 2004, 5:57 am
Toby

meauxna <member1851@british_expats.com> wrote in message news:<[email protected] om>...

> Rene, maybe the answer to your question is August in Germany = Nice!
    > November in Germany = not so nice.
    >

THAT'S THE ANSWER! HA HA HA

but in November and December Germany is a sunshine state compared to London ;)

Toby