Wikiposts

Helpful London Embassy

Old Nov 16th 2002, 9:28 am
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Helpful London Embassy

Hi All,

I forgot to mention it in my write up (7 pages in word and I forgot this) but I wanted to put peoples minds at rest by telling people a story from my visa day in London.

There was a guy going trough a K1 visa who shall remain nameless but for the purposes of the story we will call him Steve, say he comes from Liverpool and is going to SC. Steve is applying for a K1 but is going over for a week holiday next week (to see his fiance) and then coming back for a month before emmigrating out there.

Anyway you can't do this on a K1 visa (without a waiver) as it is a single entry visa (once you enter you have to get married then AOS) so the London Embassy guys bent over backwords to make sure he could go. They gave him the forms and sent him to the other side of the embassy to get a waiver then made sure he got his K1.

The thing I found about the London embassy is that they see there mission as to give you a visa not to stop you getting a visa. But those on the visa trail are convinced that the Embassies goal is to deny you a visa and it is up to you persuade them.

Good Luck and God Bless

Patrick

Last edited by Patrick; Nov 16th 2002 at 9:37 am.
Old Nov 16th 2002, 8:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

abba48uk is an unknown quantity at this point

Just to add a small footnote to Patrick's post.......we all bitch about the processes involved, sometimes justifiably: sometimes not. I have yet to have my interview at the London Embassy, so, at the risk of tempting fate, may I say that I have been treated with unfailing courtesy by staff at the embassy through email contact. When you are worried about something in your application it is so reassuring to receive a reply which says "dont worry about a thing, its all safely on your file".
Old Nov 16th 2002, 10:43 pm
Pete

Default Re: Helpful London Embassy

Patrick..you have just made our Day..
If I get the visa, I will tell all.. There is one thing I am really
stressing about at the moment and I just needed to hear that..
Thank you so much from both of us.

Pete & Carla.

"Patrick" wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Hi All,
    > I forgot to mention it in my write up (7 pages in word and I forgot
    > this) but I wanted to put peoples minds at rest by telling people a
    > story from my visa day in London.
    > There was a guy going trough a K1 visa who shall remain nameless but for
    > the purposes of the story we will call him Steve, say he comes from
    > Liverpool and is going to SC. Steve is applying for a K1 but is going
    > over for a week holiday next week (to see his fiance) and then coming
    > back for a month before emmigrating out there.
    > Anyway you can't do this on a K1 visa (without a waiver) as it is a
    > single entry visa (once you enter you have to get married then AOS) so
    > the London Embassy guys bent over backwords to make sure he could go.
    > They gave him the forms and sent him to the other side of the embassy to
    > get a waiver then made sure he got his K1.
    > The thing I found about the London embassy is that they see there
    > mission as to give you a visa not to stop you getting a visa. But those
    > on the visa trail are convinced that the Embassies goal is to deny you a
    > visa and it is up to you persuade them.
    > Good Luck and God Bless
    > Patrick
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Nov 16th 2002, 11:17 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Kindness of the London Embassy

Would like to add my 2 cents on their helpfulness there. When my husband and I went there (me over visiting) and him coming down from Brum, it was Friday, 1 Nov. We met up at Paddington, dumped the luggage at hotel and took tube to the embassy. Our mission was to get a certified copy of his passport (had to be certified by a US source) to apply for the tax id number. Anyway got to the embassy 15 minutes before their notarization department closed only to be told that they didn't do that there. I explained our circumstances (just in London for the day before heading out to Cornwall for a week) and the nice lady called the IRS office there in the Embassy (normally closed on Fridays) and arranged for us to go there right then...... Got everything taken care of and now my husband knows how to get to Embassy etc. Also thanks to Patrick's account () he knows what to expect when our big day comes.