Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

HELP - What is it that is required to bring to the visa interview?!

HELP - What is it that is required to bring to the visa interview?!

Old Aug 10th 2017, 2:50 pm
Forum Regular

Embrta is on a distinguished road
Default HELP - What is it that is required to bring to the visa interview?!

Please somebody HELP!!

I have received an email confirming the appointment that i have scheduled for my spouse and two children.

In the email it says..."You must print this instruction page and bring it with you to your consular interview, along with the letter or email you received from the Consular Section.

Please can anybody tell me what they mean by this. What letter are they asking for?

Thank you in advance.
Old Aug 10th 2017, 3:05 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HELP - What is it that is required to bring to the visa interview?!

The email you just opened? And if they follow up with a snail mail letter that one. You have posted three different threads regarding this same topic: US Embassy Interview Appointment.

Would you like to have them condensed into one cohesive thread?

Last edited by Rete; Aug 10th 2017 at 3:10 pm.
Old Aug 10th 2017, 3:10 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not trying to be rude but you appear to be verging on hysteria right now.

Take it easy, sit down and breath. You are asking about what letter to bring and then ask again about what they are talking about when their confirmation of appointment email is opened and says to bring it or the letter with you. And yet, your header is what documents are you required to bring to the interview. And then you ask if you need one or three appointments.

Grab a cup of decaf and relax. Your mind is spinning and you are getting nowhere. The good members here will straighten you out shortly. Sit tight.
Old Aug 10th 2017, 3:24 pm
Forum Regular

I am new to the forum... can you tell? lol

I tried to find how to delete the previous threads but struggling navigating my way around this website. I have found the answer to my question about the individual appointments vs grouped appointments. i am losing it a bit. you're right i need to just chill.
Old Aug 10th 2017, 3:51 pm
Concierge

LOL Yes, I can tell

Ian told you the answer on the group / individual appointments.

Now you need to tell us what documentation you have that you are bringing with you and how you stand on the I-864 Affidavit of Support. This is assuming you are a US Citizen and are sponsoring your husband. Are these your biological children? If so, do you not have the ability to pass on US Citizenship to the children? Do you know that if you don't have this ability that once the children enter the US with an approved immigration visa they will become US Citizens automatically? Have you been doing this yourself or do you have an attorney to help out? Have you been filing your US tax returns? So many questions I have for you since we know nothing about you and/or your situation.
Old Aug 10th 2017, 4:23 pm
Forum Regular

what do you mean about what documentation i'll be taking?

I have dual nationality. I am a US and UK citizen however was too young when I moved to the UK to pass on citizenship to my children but I am aware that once we live their after getting their visas they will acquire US citizenship. I found this out when i started looking into who needs an affidavit of support. Because I am still living in the UK and never worked in the US I have had to get a relative to fill in the i-864 as a joint sponsor for my husband. I was also completely unaware that i am still required to file tax returns each year. OOPS :S
Old Aug 10th 2017, 4:28 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Embrta
I found this out when i started looking into who needs an affidavit of support. Because I am still living in the UK and never worked in the US I have had to get a relative to fill in the i-864 as a joint sponsor for my husband.
As the USC spouse, you must also complete an I-864 for your husband whether you qualify financially or not. The children will each require an I-864W rather than an I-864 because, as you note, they will become US citizens upon entry to the US. The "W" is important.

I was also completely unaware that i am still required to file tax returns each year. OOPS :S
You must file at least the most recent 3 years' worth of US tax returns.

Ian
Old Aug 10th 2017, 4:51 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you for that!!