Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

HELP, UKC needs info on adjustment of status

Wikiposts

HELP, UKC needs info on adjustment of status

Old Dec 27th 2011, 3:19 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HELP, UKC needs info on adjustment of status

Going off on a tangent (because the similarities and differences between Arabs and Jews stimulates my curiosity) googling <aliyah> I found nothing but references to the Hebrew and to Israel, most of them dealing with immigration to Israel. Stopped after 3 screen pages.

Then, switching to <aliyah arabic> I did get arabic references - all of them with the spelling aaliyah (double 'a').

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming ...

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
In Hebrew it means "to ascend"... thus, to go up!

Ian
Originally Posted by aliyah
My screen name lool its my middle name, its arabic for Lofty, sublime, exalted, have i missed the joke S Folinsky? I didnt understand the "going up in the world" sorry, please elaborate
Old Dec 29th 2011, 1:03 pm
Just Joined

aliyah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Gingerert
Hmm... Interesting point.

However, there are state-wide funding programs for newborns born with difficulties who needs require excessive costs. There's SSI, or Medicaid, or others that were mentioned to me at the time that I've now forgotten about. SSI is particularly useful for parents whose children are in the NICU for an extended amount of time.

In short, while we had some financial burdens, if we had been without insurance we still would have been okay. The state will take care of the child, because this baby will be born on American soil to a USC father. We had insurance so the bulk of our costs were absorbed, but the bills we've had over Little O's lifetime now amount to over $2 million.

And we could have relieved our own financial burden if we had accepted aid sooner. We didn't fully appreciate the extent of Little O's lifelong problems at the time, or we would have applied for and received financial aid sooner.

And to the OP - The point Rete was referring to was that we didn't know my Little O had a rare chromosome disorder before he was born. While your first son was healthy and happy, there's always a risk your next one won't be. So I agree with the other posters that you need to be prepared for the worst, but it sounds like you already are.

I'm currently pregnant too, with my second. I wish you a lovely, peaceful pregnancy and for it to be as low-cost as possible.
GIngert I totally appreciated your very helpful information

Congratulations on your second pregnancy, I hope it all goes according to plan, and thank you for your kind wishes for mine
Old Dec 29th 2011, 1:09 pm
Just Joined

aliyah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
Going off on a tangent (because the similarities and differences between Arabs and Jews stimulates my curiosity) googling <aliyah> I found nothing but references to the Hebrew and to Israel, most of them dealing with immigration to Israel. Stopped after 3 screen pages.

Then, switching to <aliyah arabic> I did get arabic references - all of them with the spelling aaliyah (double 'a').

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming ...

Regards, JEff
Jeffreyhy Its funny that you mention that, as it now explains why other females with the same name have differed in their spelling, i blame mine purely on having a father that came to the UK as a miner in the 1950's, and never having spent a day at an educational facility in his life, was sent to go on and mis spell four of his six childrens names year after year on our birth certificates, i must admit mine is minor, in comparision to my younger siblings

sorry to go on and on but this just reminded me looool