Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Help with this response from NVC

Wikiposts

Help with this response from NVC

Old Mar 21st 2014, 4:19 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help with this response from NVC

Originally Posted by TheMrs
And guess what? You are/were wrong because they actually did assist us and GarethB789 was right...
I said it wasn't their place to sort out your issues - and it isn't. Anyway, you seem able to move forward now, so good luck to you.

Ian
Old Mar 21st 2014, 10:01 am
Forum Regular

TheMrs is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by GarethB789
No worries. Glad you got to the bottom of it. You're right, it is baffling. I see dozens of checklists for this weekly over on the Visa Journey forum. You would think the would want to avoid creating extra work for themselves by making sure it is done right first time. All they would need to do is include this as a warning in the instructions and I am sure it would save hundreds if not thousands of checklists every year. Part of me thinks they refrain from giving this kind of heads up in order to stagnate the progress on applications in order to manage the numbers better, but I doubt that's true!
I agree with you, I think it's a delay tactic. We finally got to the bottom of it, called and spoke to another agent who said we need to enter the amount on line 22 of the 1040, or the adjustable gross income on the 1040EZ, both amounts were the same, that's the figure we put on, it basically just didn't have the 64cents. Thanks again. This site has saved us ridiculous lawyers fees with people like yourself that are helpful. God bless, one love.
Old Mar 21st 2014, 10:01 am
Forum Regular

TheMrs is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
I said it wasn't their place to sort out your issues - and it isn't. Anyway, you seem able to move forward now, so good luck to you.

Ian
Thank you kindly.