Wikiposts

Help Required

Old Sep 11th 2008, 5:14 am
Forum Regular

chrisncarla will become famous soon enoughchrisncarla will become famous soon enough
Default Help Required

Hi

Just wondering if any one could give me a little info or assistance.

We posted the I-130 to London by special delivery on 08/21/2008, and have heard nothing, we rang the extortion line to be told write a letter.

The problem is that we are in the process of disposing our properties in the UK, one of the properties is also our home and work place (public House) The houses are going through the contract process, We have also been informed by the brewery that they are selling the pub, we had already informed them that we will might be moving to the states.they are pestering us for a date. (we dont want to be homeless) We have looked at most of the threads and can see that every case is different and takes different amount of time for the process.

We thought that from posting in the I-130 we would receive the email/postcard within 3 weeks with the filing date on, but as I have said we have not heard anything.

Any help would again be appreciated.
Old Sep 11th 2008, 5:54 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help Required

Originally Posted by chrisncarla
Hi

Just wondering if any one could give me a little info or assistance.

We posted the I-130 to London by special delivery on 08/21/2008, and have heard nothing, we rang the extortion line to be told write a letter.

The problem is that we are in the process of disposing our properties in the UK, one of the properties is also our home and work place (public House) The houses are going through the contract process, We have also been informed by the brewery that they are selling the pub, we had already informed them that we will might be moving to the states.they are pestering us for a date. (we dont want to be homeless) We have looked at most of the threads and can see that every case is different and takes different amount of time for the process.

We thought that from posting in the I-130 we would receive the email/postcard within 3 weeks with the filing date on, but as I have said we have not heard anything.

Any help would again be appreciated.
Based on the last few years' performance, an average case should be clear in 6 months.
You'd be better off stating your move further out than what you hope for, to allow for slight delays.

It's just now 3 weeks since mailing, today. Give it a couple of days before freaking out.
Did you email the Consulate?
Old Sep 11th 2008, 6:00 am
Forum Regular

chrisncarla will become famous soon enoughchrisncarla will become famous soon enough

No I have not emailed the consulate as we could not find a email address that dealt directly with this.
Old Sep 11th 2008, 7:00 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

No I have not emailed the consulate as we could not find a email address that dealt directly with this.
Right.. that was a dumb answer anyway.. you don't need the consulate yet, you need the USCIS office in London.

You are waiting for a receipt that the I-130 has been received and is in process, is that right?
Has your payment cleared?

At any rate, a conservative estimate on when you'll be ready to leave is 6-8 months from posting I-130. More common for the case to be completed in 5 months (look for posts here with 'DCF' in the text) and check the link in my signature for info on what happens after submitting to London and when the petition is approved (the links are on the right hand side of the Embassy page).
When the visa is issued, it's valid for 6 months, so if people are wanting answers from you, I'd tend on the long side knowing that you can possibly leave earlier, but won't be homeless in the interim.
Old Sep 11th 2008, 7:24 am
Forum Regular

Hi
Yes awaiting receipt. No payment has not been taken yet
Old Sep 11th 2008, 10:17 am
BE Forum Addict

BritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond repute

The problem is that we are in the process of disposing our properties in the UK, one of the properties is also our home and work place (public House) The houses are going through the contract process, We have also been informed by the brewery that they are selling the pub, we had already informed them that we will might be moving to the states.they are pestering us for a date. (we dont want to be homeless)
I'd carry on and push to sell all your property ASAP if you can get what you want for it - you can always rent somewhere for 2 or 3 months if you really have to. In the current market if you are able to liquidate your property assets you're onto a winner.

For the embassy just give them an address of a relative who isn't moving as your new address, then pick mail up from them as and when.