Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Help with renewal EAD please

Wikiposts

Help with renewal EAD please

Old Nov 1st 2004, 4:24 pm
K1 via London

Steffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Help with renewal EAD please

Well, it's time for me to renew that EAD card, so as I was going through the form and I was having trouble with some questions:

Question 11: Obviously I checked "yes" that I have applied for an EAD card before since this is my renewal, but it asks which office and what date. So my confusion here is that I filed through Atlanta, but then I received it from Missouri. So did I receive my EAD through Atlanta, or Missouri? Also, this time around do I send it through Atlanta again, or just go ahead and send it through Missouri? And for the date am I supposed to say when my EAD card was valid from? (Or the date my application was received? The date it was noticed?)

Questions 12 & 13: I have used my AP since my initial entry with my K1 visa, so as my last entry I presume I need to put when I entered into the US with my AP?

Question 14: Goes with previous two questions...manner of last entry was "AP"?

Question 15: Current immigration status would be "Adjustment of Status Pending?"

I would greatly appreciate any help!
Old Nov 2nd 2004, 12:31 am
Forum Regular

Rukhie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Help with renewal EAD please

Originally Posted by Steffi
Well, it's time for me to renew that EAD card, so as I was going through the form and I was having trouble with some questions:

Question 11: Obviously I checked "yes" that I have applied for an EAD card before since this is my renewal, but it asks which office and what date. So my confusion here is that I filed through Atlanta, but then I received it from Missouri. So did I receive my EAD through Atlanta, or Missouri? Also, this time around do I send it through Atlanta again, or just go ahead and send it through Missouri? And for the date am I supposed to say when my EAD card was valid from? (Or the date my application was received? The date it was noticed?)

Questions 12 & 13: I have used my AP since my initial entry with my K1 visa, so as my last entry I presume I need to put when I entered into the US with my AP?

Question 14: Goes with previous two questions...manner of last entry was "AP"?

Question 15: Current immigration status would be "Adjustment of Status Pending?"

I would greatly appreciate any help!

Well I can't answer all of them but i'll try to answer to my best knowledge about 11 + 15.
11: You're a K1 so even though you file via your local office...all the application go to NBC (Missouri) (National Benefits Center). so you'll probably have to say NBC again.

for 15: if your case is still pending then maybe you can say 'AOS pending'...

we haven't had to go thru the renewal process and i'm sure someone who has will be better able to answer your questions.

Good Luck!
Rukhie
Old Nov 2nd 2004, 4:18 am
K1 via London

Steffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rukhie
Well I can't answer all of them but i'll try to answer to my best knowledge about 11 + 15.
11: You're a K1 so even though you file via your local office...all the application go to NBC (Missouri) (National Benefits Center). so you'll probably have to say NBC again.

for 15: if your case is still pending then maybe you can say 'AOS pending'...

we haven't had to go thru the renewal process and i'm sure someone who has will be better able to answer your questions.

Good Luck!
Rukhie
Thank you for helping me with what you could!
Old Nov 2nd 2004, 11:08 am
K1 via London

Anyone else, please?
Old Nov 3rd 2004, 7:11 am
foxy little minx

bequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of light

Anyone else, please?
Hi Steffi,

I'm also about to file to renew my EAD so I'll pitch in, but I don't know if I'm right.

- Question 11: Obviously I checked "yes" that I have applied for an EAD card before since this is my renewal, but it asks which office and what date. So my confusion here is that I filed through Atlanta, but then I received it from Missouri. So did I receive my EAD through Atlanta, or Missouri? Also, this time around do I send it through Atlanta again, or just go ahead and send it through Missouri? And for the date am I supposed to say when my EAD card was valid from? (Or the date my application was received? The date it was noticed?)

Well I checked YES and because the question was "have you ever before APPLIED" I wrote down the office and the date of the application, so I wrote Philadelphia, which is where I applied for AOS, EAD and AP all together on the same day, which was November 26, 2003. I don't know if that's correct, I just took the question as literally as I could. On Results I wrote Granted and I will attach a photocopy of my EAD, front and back.

- Questions 12 & 13: I have used my AP since my initial entry with my K1 visa, so as my last entry I presume I need to put when I entered into the US with my AP?

I assume that too, so I wrote the date of my very last entry in to the USA from the last trip I made with my AP, and the POE where they stamped my passport last, on that same trip.

- Question 14: Goes with previous two questions...manner of last entry was "AP"?

I guess so, I wrote "AOS with AP" because my passport stamp says something like "PURPOSE: AOS" just above "port, date and officers" and below "paroled until".

- Question 15: Current immigration status would be "Adjustment of Status Pending?"

Yeah, I wrote "pending adjustement", but I like your wording better.

Now I'm trying to figure out whether to E-file or get an Info-Pass to my Philly office who won't process it, but mail it in, so I dunno... what are you going to do?

Last edited by bequibar; Nov 3rd 2004 at 7:13 am.
Old Nov 3rd 2004, 8:27 am
K1 via London

Ok, so I think in that case this is what I decided to answer for the following:

11. Yes
Atlanta
10/23/2003 (NOA)
Granted

12. 07/22/2004

13. Atlanta, Georgia (with my AP)

14. AOS with AP (Travel Document)

15. Adjustment of Status Pending

I hope they won't deny me because I answered something wrong! I hope that will work for them. I wish they were a little more clear on their questions (mainly question 11).
Old Nov 3rd 2004, 8:52 am
foxy little minx

bequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of light

Ok, so I think in that case this is what I decided to answer for the following:

11. Yes
Atlanta
10/23/2003 (NOA)
Granted

12. 07/22/2004

13. Atlanta, Georgia (with my AP)

14. AOS with AP (Travel Document)

15. Adjustment of Status Pending

I hope they won't deny me because I answered something wrong! I hope that will work for them. I wish they were a little more clear on their questions (mainly question 11).
Yes eleven is getting dodgier the more I think about it. I think your choice to give them the NOA date was better than my giving them the Application date. In any case they'll have the previous EAD photocopy, so I guess that has some sort of file number they can access on an intranet or whatever to cross-check dates.

So, you're gonna mail this or what are you doing to file this?
Old Nov 3rd 2004, 9:28 am
K1 via London

Originally Posted by bequibar
In any case they'll have the previous EAD photocopy, so I guess that has some sort of file number they can access on an intranet or whatever to cross-check dates.
Yeah, I was kind of thinking that too, and hoping that if I did write in the wrong thing that they can figure it out from the photcopy of my EAD card as well as NOA for EAD.

Originally Posted by bequibar
So, you're gonna mail this or what are you doing to file this?
I'm planning on mailing it tomorrow so that it arrives on Friday, which is my 90-day mark.

Good luck to both of us!
Old Nov 3rd 2004, 3:25 pm
foxy little minx

Yeah, I was kind of thinking that too, and hoping that if I did write in the wrong thing that they can figure it out from the photcopy of my EAD card as well as NOA for EAD.

I'm planning on mailing it tomorrow so that it arrives on Friday, which is my 90-day mark.

Good luck to both of us!

Yes, good luck Steffi!