Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Help re vaccinations for London Interview

Wikiposts

Help re vaccinations for London Interview

Old Dec 4th 2003, 6:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Lara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to behold
Default Help re vaccinations for London Interview

As my interview is on the 18th December I went to my doctors today to get my vaccination records and surprise surprise!! he doesn't have them!! I showed him the vaccination requirements that the London Embassy want and he said he didn't want to give the vaccinations to me until the Embassy TOLD me that that it's absolutely necessary!! Now what do I do? I was hoping he would simply just give me the shots and that would be it!

All he could offer me was writing a letter saying he doesn't have any vaccination records! I really need some advice now because I'm at a total loss as to what to do!
Old Dec 4th 2003, 7:21 am
Forum Regular

bizzie@herdesk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Help re vaccinations for London Interview

Lara.....

my doctor has a complete set of my daughters vaccination details but doesnt have mine... they were lost due to the moving around i did as a child because my father was in the services... He has written a letter stating that as far as he is aware my vaccinations are up to date and he confirms what illnesses i have had as my medical records are intact.. its just that vaccination record thing thats missing...

i'm not certain.. but i'm sure someone will put me right if i'm wrong... but if you are missing any required vaccinations you have to have them done by the time you do AOS... not the Visa interview... so you get plenty of time to get the vaccinations.. you just have to pay alot more for them in the USA....

Bee
UK to USA
Old Dec 4th 2003, 7:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Lara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by bizzie@herdesk
Lara.....

my doctor has a complete set of my daughters vaccination details but doesnt have mine... they were lost due to the moving around i did as a child because my father was in the services... He has written a letter stating that as far as he is aware my vaccinations are up to date and he confirms what illnesses i have had as my medical records are intact.. its just that vaccination record thing thats missing...

i'm not certain.. but i'm sure someone will put me right if i'm wrong... but if you are missing any required vaccinations you have to have them done by the time you do AOS... not the Visa interview... so you get plenty of time to get the vaccinations.. you just have to pay alot more for them in the USA....

Bee
UK to USA
Almost the same as me - I have my daughter's vaccination history- the problem is my doctor doesn't even have my medical records from when I was a child either so he can't even confirm my childhood illnesses - due to moving around so much as a child and paper systems instead of computer systems. I think I'm just going to go back to him and tell him that unless he gives me the shots then they won't give me the visa ....... well that's my general idea!!
Old Dec 4th 2003, 7:27 am
Former Blonde

FlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of light

...he said he didn't want to give the vaccinations to me until the Embassy TOLD me that that it's absolutely necessary!!
Hiya Lara,

It's lucky that you checked this out now rather than later when it might well be too late!
What I did was to get an appointment with the nurse at my local surgery; she was more than willing to give me the shots that I needed and also to give me a small booklet, (which was good enough for the docs in London) with dates and injections received.

I hope this helps

Tam
Old Dec 4th 2003, 9:51 am
Forum Regular

smiler125 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Lara45
As my interview is on the 18th December I went to my doctors today to get my vaccination records and surprise surprise!! he doesn't have them!! I showed him the vaccination requirements that the London Embassy want and he said he didn't want to give the vaccinations to me until the Embassy TOLD me that that it's absolutely necessary!! Now what do I do? I was hoping he would simply just give me the shots and that would be it!

All he could offer me was writing a letter saying he doesn't have any vaccination records! I really need some advice now because I'm at a total loss as to what to do!
My doctor wouldn't give me an MMR, so I just paid for it at the embassy. If you have the spare money, just have htem all done there
Old Dec 4th 2003, 9:55 am
Forum Regular

Alecca is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by smiler125
My doctor wouldn't give me an MMR, so I just paid for it at the embassy. If you have the spare money, just have htem all done there
Steve didn't have his shot records either, he got his shots at Doc Phelan's. Cost 55 pounds.

Don't worry, I know everyone says it's a breeze in London, and it really is, you'll be laughing on the 19th